2012 Kia Rio5

See Photos & Videos

Overall

My Little Pillbug...

by Davidito from Austin | June 2, 2013

...is still a pleasure to drive after 17 months and +34,000 miles. I have the basic LX, mtx, no power anything...just how I like my cars. I've been to both coasts, and then some...and regardless of what the EPA claims, I *did* get 40mpg on my trip to Myrtle Beach & back last September (I-20 at 70mph). It's all in how you drive (the Joshua Tree trip did 35mpg, but that was at 80-85mph on I-10). My only real complaint is the hardness of the seats. They are a bit less noticeable now (after 15 hours in the saddle, comfort *can* become a real issue), but KIA could have used different material to stuff the seats. And Scotchguard (I did get the salsa stain out). The third generation Rio has the best look of the entire line, with the tiger nose grill and sculpted side panels. Sticker on mine was $14,525, whick=h is pretty good considering the standard equipment now included, like ABS, traction control, and four-wheel disc brakes. The electronic steering control was a little weird at first, but unnoticeable after a while. All in all, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal nowadays.

nice

by aurora black from | March 28, 2013

bought at metro madison --- great dealership fun to drive --- love its looks son needed new car ro replace '91 buick (ouch) he is a happy guy!

So far so good

by Dinkey from houston,texas | December 2, 2012

So far so good. I am still in the getting to know you phase. It is good on gas. There are so many bumps in the city, so far so good with the ride

Senior Citizen on New Wheels

by Don from Warminster PA | August 24, 2012

I love my new Kia Rio 5 and consider it a very excellent product for the money. For me there are many new features that I appreciate including the ability of the interior and experior lights to adjust themselves to circumstances automatically. It does not have the feel of a subcompact. The gas mileage, however, has been disappointing. I am averaging only 23 miles per gallon in suburban driving. The car has less than 700 miles on it and it may still be in the "breaking in" stage though I doubt that it will ever achieve the 31 miles per gallon combined estimate listed by the manufacturer. Overall I am pleased with my car.

Very good on gas.

by Tony C from N.E PA | April 30, 2012

Economical and fun to drive. Love the voice command phone system. Good technologt for a small price.

Review "Update" after 5 Months of Ownership

by Phil "The Real Deal" from Key West, FL | April 4, 2012

After 5 months of ownership and just over 3200 miles driven, I must say that Kia must have "Tweeked" the 2012 Kia Rio5 that they provided the EPA to gets its Fuel Estimate Numbers! As most of the previous poster have mentioned, the 30 mpg City and 40 mpg Highway was grossly overstated. More like 27 mpg City and barely 35 mpg Highway is closer to the truth. The (2) Posters that reported 45 mpg Highway and combined 41 mpg City/Hwy either did`nt calculate correctly or these numbers were posted by Kia! My old 2006 Kia Rio5 with a similar 1.6 ltr engine, (4) speed automatic Transmission and (without) GDI got better gas mileage. My 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback has (always) delivered 35 mpg City and 41/43 mpg Highway and thats (without) GDI. The new 2012 Kia Rio5 is sharp looking, comfortable, and fun to drive, but if your looking for a "Gas Sipper" as Gasoline heads for $5.00 @ Gal. you better look elsewhere. With these mpg numbers, you might as well go for the Forte or Optima which might even get better fuel economy.

Excellent Value loaded with Luxury Features!

by coffee lover from Indianapolis, IN | March 29, 2012

I purchased a 2012 Kia Rio5 SX in White with Premium Package (Navigation, Sunroof, Leather, etc) in December 2011. Pros: 1) Lots of luxury features for a low price 2)Great looks, fun to drive, great value 3) Long warranty Cons: 1) MPG overstated…..more like 26 city / 36 hwy 2) Rear camera delay to come on with Navigation I’m very happy with my Kia Rio5 SX. I’ve owned it now for over 3 months and I’m still delighted with it. I’ve owned over two dozen cars, including luxury cars, bigger cars, and this is a great car. I wanted a car that got good gas mileage, had luxury features, looked nice, and that didn’t cost too much. I really like the versatility the hatchback offers to haul stuff. This vehicle has the longest warranty and most optional features in its class, all at a competitive price. Even after three months, I still have friends asking me about my car since they all love how it looks with the 17 inch Kia wheels (and tinted windows that I had done on it). This totally fits the bill and I was surprised I found this in a Kia which I’d never owned before. I used to have a 2010 redesigned Chevrolet Equinox SUV. The size adjustment was fine, but I could use a bigger gas tank to allow longer fuel range and a tad more storage spaces. Although the fuel economy is good, it’s a tad disappointed when it’s rated at 30 city / 40 hwy mpg, when I’m only getting 26 city / 36 hwy mpg. With the Navigation model, the reverse rear camera has a delay of a few seconds to come on when you first start vehicle and put it in reverse. I like how the side view mirrors fold in, but only with a press of a button. There is no automatic option for them to automatically fold in or fold out. Despite my minor complaints, this is great car and one of the best values out there.

excellent choice

by cecil from South Africa | March 13, 2012

a beaut except require more omph (only 1.4 available in South Africa) 1.6 would be best suited here.

good looking great value

by gdi from Phoenix | February 28, 2012

This was the best of all 5 doors I looked at,They even put the cup holders in the right place. So far 45 mpg

Great Car!!! Thank you Kia!!

by OneYnoI from Kansas City | February 4, 2012

I went to Kia thinking I was going to get a Soul.... boy am I glad I ended up with my midnight black Kia Rio5. This car has a modern look and gets around with great mpg. Since buying the car I have added a remote start which I am loving and had the windows tinted dark.... Looks real sharp. Kia is not the cheap car company that we all think they are any longer... they really have stepped up their game... Check them out!!

Featured Services for this Kia Rio5