2008 Kia Rondo

18–19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Excellent value for money

by Family Guy from Vancouver, BC | April 25, 2016

This is a reliable family car if you're looking to downsize from a minivan. We were looking for a 7-seater that doesn't look like a bus and burns less gas. This car fitted the bill perfectly. In fact, there wasn't anything comparable, because Mazda 5 had only 6 seats. We've had it for 8 years and had no major issues with it. The only things I would highlight: - Fuel efficiency isn't nearly as good as they advertised, although it was still much better than our previous Dodge Caravan. In the hilly Vancouver it averaged around 12l/100km - We had to replace the front rotors twice and rear ones once. Plus both front and rear rotors had to be resurfaced once. This could be because we live on a hill and it rains a lot (the rotors buckle in such conditions, I was told) - In the last few years the engine has developed a faint ping/knock when going uphill. It largely goes away with premium gas, but I fear after 8 years and 140,000 km it's a sign it's time to look for a new car.

Wish Kia would reintroduce the Rondo

by tALLmAN from So. Weymouth, MA | March 10, 2015

Rented an '09 LX in Phoenix and loved it! 6'7" tall and I fit very comfortably. Have now owned a 2007 EX V6 for 3 years. Tons of pep. Averaging 22 mpg. Heated leather. Great stereo. Handles like a sports car. Just wish dome light would work when opening back hatch. I'd buy a brandy new one if they came back. Love this little vehicle!

Why did KIA quit selling this car?

by Footloose from Batavia, OH | September 2, 2012

Needed a small wagon for hauling supplies and inventory for a small business. Absolutely perfect. Unbelievable cargo room and access. Comfortable front and rear seats with an optional 3rd row of seats. Mine came with a luggage rack, which will make long trips with luggage more comfortable Good gas mileage and my 4 cylinder engine provides plenty of power. I really can't think of anything I don't like about this car. I looked at all of the small wagons and SUVs and the small minivans and this one was the best deal for the price. I can't understand why KIA stopped selling this car in the US.

My Little, Big Car

by Simpleton from Chicago, IL | December 12, 2011

Little on the outside, lots of room inside. Love that I have 3 rows of seats, I can have lots of people, or put down the 3rd row, and pile in the groceries. I only wish the 2nd row was movable, to give leg room to the 3rd seat. Otherwise, I wish they still made this car!

I really love this car

by Happy Hockey Mom from Winnipeg | April 26, 2011

Well I'm a believer.. I down sized from a Ford Windstar minivan. I pay less than 1/2 to fill the tank and I can go longer on a tank than I could with my windstar. I fit 3 kids all in separate rows & 3 hockey bags ( 1 adult goalie, & 2 player bags ). WOW! It really works. The engine is extemely quiet. Buying the Rondo is the best car buying decision I have ever made.

try it you'll like it

by cheapskate from kansas City, MO | July 9, 2010

the LX V-6 works for me. Plenty of power and automanual to boot. 23-25 mpg mixed driving. The best is the seat height...in and out without a fight. Not aloat of frills but priced accordingly. Best of all, plenty of room for my Labrador.

very nice

by davo from Chicago suburbs | June 24, 2010

have had the Odyssey and CRV for the wife. Just bought another CRV for her at upper end of budget. Did the comps on size and features and the Rondo was very close. Found a 2008 with 10,000 miles for low cost and swear its better than her CRV. Have driven the Rondo on long trips out west like Yellowstone and up in the mountains. Handled fine. One small problem, first thing in the morning the trans slips when going from low gear. Once warmed up the slipping stops. Had it checked out and they could find nothing

JUST GREAT

by VETTE MAN from Plano, Texas | March 9, 2010

First time owner of a car like this since the GAS $$$ issues. So far after purchasing this car through a whole sale dealer I have been very impressed. If I was looking for a 2010 model I would get another one. Simple And Sweet..Great Car!

Poor mileage

by Still not convinced from Pittsburgh, PA | February 23, 2010

After a year, I am still only getting 15-16 miles per gallon. I don't know how these others are saying they are getting good mileage. My 4 cyl Accord gets 30 city and 40 hwy. It has as much power as the v6 Rondo, but the Rondo sure uses the gas! Other than the fuel economy, it has been a good car, now with almost 13,000 miles on it.

A Steal of a Car

by Sold on Kia from Broussard,La | April 18, 2009

So far so good.Went on a trip in it and loved it.I have the LX V6 and plenty of power.For the amount I paid for it can't be beat.

Featured Services for this Kia Rondo