2005 Kia Sedona

16 city / 22 hwy

Overall

KIA

by bestdeal from ST PAUL | June 24, 2013

NO MUST WORSE VAN EVER OWN.I WOULD NEVER GO THERE AGAIN,YOU BUY CAR ONE DAY ,THEN IN MORN.NO AIR,NO SPEED CONT.WHEN DROVE CAR SEEMED OK,THEN THEY SURE WANTED TO YOU TO SIGN AND GET OUT,NOTHING WRONG WITH CAR PERSAY,BEST DEAL.CALLED BRING IN WE WILL GIVE YOU A GOOD DEAL TO FIX IT,IF I WANTED TO FIX CAR,I LET MY 5 YEAR DO IT.DO NOT BUY BEST DEAL...

Best bargain I found anywhere

by cathyluvskias from Elizabethtown Pa. | December 19, 2012

I was looking for a Rondo made by the same company but when I found this van I could not resist the bargain. The car drives very well. It is roomy to haul groceries and it is handicapped friendly which was a priority. I have to admit I am a fan of the Kia brand. I have been driving a Kia since 2003 when I bought a brand new one, it is still on the road, my grand-daughter drives it everyday. The sales person was very nice, where I bought my van. It is not a luxury model, but it has all the features I needed. Lots of windows for my two schit-zu's to lick! I am very pleased with it.

Best Buy

by MoHusker from Joplin MO | June 16, 2012

Bought the 2005 in 2012 with 52K on speedometer and now have 60K wih no problems. It rides nice and has a lot more pep than reviews would have had me think. It is a heavier car and uses a little more gas about 19 on the highway but pays for itself by not being affected by cross winds when compared to my wife's new suv. Has made a great man's van because can haul plenty. I did upgrade the headlight bulbs because I do a lot of night driving on two lane blacktop and wanted more light. Good Buy

Love it

by Stormey from | February 5, 2012

I bought this 2005 Sedona in 07 and I love it, I havent had any major problems, just normal wear and tear. I have no complaints at all about the 05 Sedona. Mine is at 167,000 miles and still driving it.

Most realible car I've Owned

by Minivan from Worcester, MA | December 19, 2011

I had my van almost brand new and I don't have any complaints of my van I love it and I would like to buy the same brand newer year soon

Purchased used with 33K on it.

by stephen from Illinois | August 8, 2011

we purchased it used with 33,000. The rear wiper blade works but never touches the glass..No one can fix that. We forgot to change the Timing Belt until last week ..at 103,000..they say we were very lucky as it is recommended at 60K. Rear wheel barring was replaced. Air conditioner high pressure hoe had to be replaced and starter..but at the milage of 103,000 it is normallmaintance But all and all, I would purchase another IF the price was right. We only paid $10,300 with 33,000 back in 2008. We have had 6 Dodge Caravans, 2 Windstars..the Kia is hands down the best

Nice Van for Little Dough

by HAWKFAN49 from Rockford, IL | April 11, 2011

Cons: Rear storage area is very small. Driver's seat is designed for a petite woman that not very tall. Have to fill rear window washer from the rear. Have to replace costly timing belt at 60,000 (around $500). Pros: Handles/rides better than G. Caravan. Not too bad on gas. Lights are good. Heater and A/C works really well. Dash functions have a good design. Plenty of room to haul around 4 kids nicely. Nice acceleration and it's cheap to replace tires on it. Summary: Not a bad van for the money. Roomy and handles well. Rotten rear storage area and the interference engine requires a costly timing belt change at 60,000 miles. If you have young children that make messes in the car and a tight budget, this is the van to buy. No sense spending big money on a Chrysler Town and Country only to have it ransacked in a few years. Spoil yourself when the kids are out of the house.

Good car for the money

by ShayfromKC from kansas city | September 12, 2010

My husband and I bought this Van off the lot in Dec.2005. It had 300 miles on it and came with the 10yr/100 thousand mile warranty. We havent had to use the warranty yet (knock on wood) With that being said we have had to change the break pads 3 times now. Our van has 80,000 miles on it and it seems we changed them one right after the other, in one year... Not sure why that was but now we have expensive break pads and it seems to have worked. I would encourage a friend to purchase a Kia because of the warranty and some have. I wish Kia would quit jacking up their prices and keep them at a competitive rate.

very good van for the money

by van man from hammond in | August 28, 2010

good van for family travel,body and steering very good, comfortable seating and lots of room for children and grandma

It's almost paid for.....

by Sweet Baby from Pompano Beach | January 7, 2010

Believe it or not, I have not needed much work done on my Kia. I have owned it since Oct,'05 and I am quite pleased with it. My only issues are man she is thirsty. I get more like 12/18 on mileage. I bought it for the crash ratings, anyway. And am I glad I did. Last year, I was slammed in the rear from a drunk that never even put his brakes on, while I was sitting at a red light. I wasn't even sore, let alone injured. Almost 8000. in repairs got done. Kia was awesome in holding up to that idiot. (Totalled his SUV, FORD)I have an issue right now with the air system and the dealer tells me, this is going to be expensive. So, in Florida, me and the two little ones will be sweating for a while. I wish they had some sort of discount for loyalty at a dealer or something to help those out who are loyal, other than only during next purchase of a Kia.

Featured Services for this Kia Sedona