2006 Kia Sedona

18 city / 25 hwy

Overall

mixed review..

by vanguy from Fort Edward, NY | January 2, 2013

I had been looking at AWD Siennas but didn't want to pay that much for a used vehicle. I looked at a few Sedonias online and they seemed like a good value. I went to Garveys and test drove this van. I was impressed with the power and driving feel. It did have a noise in the front end, which the salesman said they would take care of. Took delivery four days later, after one day, the noise was still there. Two days after that, it was dead in my driveway, wouldn't start. Dealer installed a USED fusebox, new bushings in the front end, seemed OK.... for two more days. Once again, car wouldn't start. Had car towed again, this time from gas station. Dealer couldn't find problem, which means its still there??? Extended warranty company has poor customer service, on hold a half hour to get a tow. Dealers service department was good, but I hope I don't need them again....

Kia Sedona

by Soccer Mom from Tampa Fl | January 16, 2012

I am so pleased. I found the car on your site and struck the deal for my number. Very pleased so far.

slumbering giant

by claudejones from Metropolitan Washington DC | August 30, 2011

I've got 90k miles on my 2006 Sedona, which means I still have 10k miles left on my powertrain warranty! Not too many vans come with such backup. It was in a few times for minor warranty repairs in the early years, mostly involving updates to the computer. It had one problem with the original brake rotors which warped prematurely. The first time, they serviced them for free at around 20k miles. They went wobbly again at about 40k miles at which time they put all new rotors on it and still knocked off some of the pricing on the repair while insisting this was 'normal wear and tear'. I was told at the time that the metallurgy had been improved and this seems to have been true since I have 50k miles now on that replacement set with no issues. That's it - no other problems. The van is a pleasure to drive, has lots of power for a van, has a very hefty and solid feel to it and is rock solid in high winds and stormy conditions; it has lots of space and is easily configured to either haul lots of stuff from Home Depot, or, the family on vacation. It also happens to have the most competitive pricing in its vehicular class.

Kia Sedona Most Comfortable Mini-Van Of All

by Annie from McKinleyville CA | January 23, 2011

We wanted space, and better mileage, but comfort was most important to us. We test drove several minivans and I got in the backseat of each van, to make sure all the seats were comfortable, not just the front seats. It was VERY comfortable, and the reliability has been great. We've had just minor problems but both were covered under a recall. The windshield wipers quit squirting, and the rear doors would open, but were fixed under a recall. We are actually getting ready to trede in this one for a new one. Highly recommend!

Don't believe the hype!!!

by 1st and Last Kia Owner from Staten Island, NY | January 4, 2011

I purchased my 2006 Kia Sedona off the showroom floor. It wasn't my first choice, but what I could afford. I was actually rather satisfied with the van for the most part until the problems started. The A/C has electrical shorts (not covered). The rear A/C controls don't function properly (not covered). I change headlights almost as often as I can my underwear (a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point). I have had a number of recalls (covered) I have had problems with the sliding doors (covered initially, but no longer under warranty so.... ) I am just not a satisfied customer with Kia. The warranty looks so good, but as soon as it ends that is when the major problems kick in.

You will need the Warranty!

by Average Joe from Chilton, WI | September 10, 2010

This van has not been the most reliable. Rear brakes, bushings, power sliding doors, A/C, electrical. That is the short list. I bought it because of the warranty and now I know why. It does have some good traits. Very comfortable, strong engine, and a nice smooth ride. But then most minivans have these traits. I can honestly say this will be my last Kia.

Great Van!

by Mom of 4 from Fort Worth, TX | July 24, 2010

I've been a Dodge/Chrysler van owner since 2000 so when it came time to look for a newer van I naturally started searching for a Grand Caravan or a Town & Country. I went to look at a couple of them and really didn't like the new body style or the fact that I couldn't get one w/o stow and go seating. I liked the idea of stow and go but the seats were really uncomfortable to sit in. The Kia Sedona kept popping up when I would put in my search criteria. I didn't know anything about them so I started researching them and found out that Kia and Hyundai are the same car, really. I had a 1988 Hyundai Excel and it was the most reliable car I'd ever owned so I decided to go test drive this Sedona I found. I fell in love with this van as soon as I drove it! This van has incredible pick up and go. I never have to worry about being able to merge into traffic on the highway. It is so comfortable too. The 3rd row stows away which is really convenient. I actually think it's a more comfortable seat than the 3rd row in the Town & Country too. The second row bucket seats do not stow away but are really easy to take out if I need to. They are also a lot more comfortable than the stow and go seats for my older kids. The van has 6 speakers and sounds great. There are cup holders galore if that's your thing...I think there are 12 which is WAY more than enough. One that really sold me were the curtain air bags that surround all the passengers in the event of an accident. When you're a mom of 4 safety is important. I read that this van has one of the highest safety ratings and owner loyality in the industry. Now that I own one I know why!

Good for the money

by razz from Georgi | July 21, 2010

It's a great van but it's a van. Easy to pack and the rear seats are easy to put up and down. The second row seats are heavy to move in and out of the vehicle - about 75 pounds! It drives ok, but like a van. It takes a while to heat or cool the inside but once cool (or warm) it's good. The mileage is about what's stated, max of 25 MPG

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Owned

by Home Engineer from Milwaukee, WI | December 22, 2009

The Kia Sodona 2006 has features that varies from fitting a large family to transporting large items purchased. This wagon has sufficient room for a large family on vacations to family outings. It also has a large area for storage behind the third seat. There is a large rack for storing luggage. It is also convenient for some moving of large items.

Disappointed and Frustrated

by Working Mom with Little Time from Downers Grove, IL | October 10, 2009

After a month I had to take the car back to have all of the brakes replaced. This car has had a least half a dozen recalls (maybe more). I have taken it in for the same problem with the sliding door 5 times. I finally insisted that they fix it permanently! There have been several other issues that I had to have addressed. All were minor and covered by warranty, but still a MAJOR inconvenience. I have had this car 3.5 years and have recently replaced all four rotars and pads and put on 4 new tires. The pros are that it is very comfortable, handles surprisingly well for a minivan, looks nice, and has a great sound system. The gas mileage is poor. Even though they state a range, you will really only get the lower end of that. I read an expert review on this site and the person stated he got like 25 mpg on the highway. He's nuts! I never got higher than 19 the first year. It went down to 17.9 after that. My new tires helped a little with gas mileage (now it's 18.5). The service people were always very nice, but I saw them more than my in-laws. In fact, I just took my car in today. I was there just a month ago! I am actually thinking of trading this in for a Toyota, but the trade-in value is poor and I don't like the idea of having more months of payments. The idea that you get more for your money at Kia is misleading since I lost money beyond the initial cost and the monthly payments and if I factor in all the time and aggravation...well, you understand.

Featured Services for this Kia Sedona