Kia offers its minivan in both short- and long-wheelbase versions. Both have the same standard V-6 engine. The long-wheelbase Sedona comes in standard LX and upscale EX trim levels. Competitors include the Honda Odyssey and Dodge Grand Caravan.
The Sedona competes with the Honda Odyssey and Dodge Grand Caravan.
New for 2010
A sonar-based backup warning system becomes standard on the LX and EX, and a new backup camera is optional. The 3.8-liter V-6 engine was recalibrated, and the city mileage rating increases by 1 mpg to 17 mpg; horsepower is unchanged at 244.
At 189.4 inches long, the short-wheelbase Sedona is about a foot shorter than the long-wheelbase version. Both minivans are 78.1 inches wide. The long-wheelbase version is on par with other minivans in the segment.
- Available 16- or 17-inch wheels
- Standard power mirrors
- Optional fog lights
- Optional heated front windshield
- Optional power sliding doors
- Optional power liftgate
- Optional power sunroof
The Sedona's seven-occupant interior features one-touch flip-and-fold seats in the second row for easier access to the rear. Long-wheelbase models have a standard 60/40-split third-row seat that can fold into the floor. In the short-wheelbase Sedona, the rear seat folds down, but not into the floor.
As one would expect, interior room shrinks in the short-wheelbase version of the Sedona.
- Available cloth or leather seating surfaces
- Standard air conditioning with three-zone controls
- Standard front- and second-row power windows
- Standard power door locks and keyless entry
- Standard cruise control
- Optional navigation system
- Optional Infinity audio system with 11 speakers
- Optional rear DVD player with 8-inch monitor
Under the Hood
The five-speed automatic transmission includes a manual-shift mode, something few minivans offer. The city mileage rating increases by 1 mpg to 17 mpg for Sedona's 3.8-liter V-6 from internal tweaks, but horsepower is unchanged at 244.
- 244-horsepower, 3.8-liter V-6 with 253 pounds-feet of torque
- Five-speed automatic transmission
- Standard side-impact airbags
- Standard side curtain airbags
- Standard antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability control
- Standard traction control
- Standard backup warning system (LX and EX)
- Available backup camera
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Kia Sedona.