2012 Kia Sedona

18 city / 25 hwy

Overall

competitive minivan

by ranger from long island, ny | September 13, 2014

very comfortable ride. excellent steering & brakes. gas mileage 16 city 24 hwy. gas pedal takes a little getting used to [ sensitive ]. paint seems to scratch easily. wind can seem loud in cabin.

a Great Value in a Used Car

by romp from New Berlin,WI | July 5, 2014

I bought a used 2012 Kia Sedona LX with 35.000 miles on it , because I have a 2007 Kia Optima,The only car I bought new. I am hoping the Sedona is as reliable as the Optima. When I was looking for a mini Van, the Toyotas & Hondas for the same price were cars with 100,000 miles on them . So it has Value , reliability and a good warranty. My Dodge Grand caravan had more comfortable seats. The van is peppy. My Oprima EX has better speakers. I drove it 750 miles already to St. Louis but the gas mileage was not great @ 75mph . I recommend the Van.

2012 Kia Sedona

by Riles from Cedarburg, WI | December 26, 2013

With 271 HP this van is very quick. 6 speed automatic is real smooth. I consistently get 26.33 MPG combined. This surprised me, but I have verified it 3 times. Only minor problem is a somewhat rough ride as it is a minivan suspension --- not an automobile suspension. This is my second Kia Sedona.

Excellent Reliability

by Richard M. from Lake St. Louis, MO | January 30, 2013

Purchased first Kia Sedona in 2006. It now has 140,000+ miles and we are keeping it. We have pulled boats with it and it does an excellent job. On long trips, the seating is not as comfortable as other vans we have driven. However, the handing of the vehicle is excellent. We have just purchased our second Sedona. I am disappointed that Kia discontinued manufacturing this vehicle. I commend Kia for the reliability of this vehicle.

Best van I have ever owned!

by High mileage runner from Phoenix, AZ | January 5, 2013

This van has been driven on extremely long trips with a heavy load. Total comfort, excellent sound system, and wonderful temperature control for all passengers. It is used to pull a 3,000 lb boat in the summer which it does with ease. I have had Ford, Dodge and several Chrysler vans. KIA is only one that has been trouble free.

Best Van Owned

by Stones745 from Bloomington, Wisconsin | November 12, 2012

I can not say how much I love the sedona van, it's everything the dealer ship sales-person said. I am in the monument business, have to transport many customers to different cemetery locations, My van can transport 6 of my customer's family members without a problem. Many customers have said the sedona is a good riding vehicle. Easy to enter and the driving is very smooth.

Great family minivan

by Kia convert from SF Bay Area, CA | June 14, 2012

I was a big H*** fan. Until recently we (3 kids family) owned O*** 2004. Time to replace the van; we started looking to what's on market and found that the current O***s are way overpriced, so we decided to go with Kia. I should say that while the 2012 Sedona resembles second (1999-2004) generation of H*** O*** - up to the location of certain switches and handles - it is a way better car. The 2012 O*** of similar trim will cost $13K more than Sedona. So the choice was to get a Sedona and I do not regret. It is very well designed and assembled. No problems so far. The engine is powerful, sometimes I think it is too powerful for a family van. But I like it :) Overall, I recommend all O*** owners who are looking to replace their aging van to try Sedona, you'll like it.

great minivan

by big van from springfield ma | June 6, 2012

great minivan bought new in jan 2012. likes: engine and transmission are great, you can hardly notice when it shifts, the manual shift is great especially on a minivan. lots of room the leather seats are a good quality leather. this van is fast no lack of power even when fully loaded with passengers and cargo. i have the ex model for the features it has it was a lot cheaper than the competition. the cornering and handling are great for a minivan. with the long warranty this van is a no brainer. now the dislikes: i am 6ft 2in it could use a little more leg room for the drivers seat, also the seat base lacks has no adjustment for tilt i would like to tilt the front of the seat base up for more thigh support. also a telescoping steering wheel would be nice. next being tall i have to move the seat almost all the way back and because of this it is a long reach to the radio and climate controls. and the tires are average although they are good in the snow. the gas mileage is ok i get about 18.5 mpg in the city and 24 mpg hwy. if you are looking for a minivan dont skip a test drive of the sedona.

Is it a tank or a race car?

by Ramxoid from Phoenix, AZ | May 7, 2012

We own an '03 Sedona with a lot of miles and accidents. It has totaled 3 Hondas and sent an Acura to the hospital. Each time, we drove it home. I'm not saying that we are bad drivers (though we are) but rather that the Sedona is built like a tank! Our only regret was not flipping for the EX to gain anti-lock brakes. Our daughter is driving age now, so we purchased a new '12 Sedona. It's bigger, longer, tighter turning radius, and much more horsepower. The mileage is about the same. It rides like a car, hauls like a truck, and just plain HAULS! So far it exceeds all expectations. We all love it. It is no surprise to me that I am seeing so many of them on the road.

Best vehicle since the 1960's Plymouth Valiant

by Average person from West Rutland, Vermont | April 16, 2012

Very well designed, people friendly vehicle. Handles like a car, with a ride second to none. Performance is excellent with gas mileage very acceptable for a 4000lb plus vehicle. This van has good visibility and can be purchased without every do-dad that isn't needed by everyone. Finally a company that understands that people will purchase a vehicle that is designed to be a useful mode of transportation and not a playground on wheels that is super expensive.