2012 Kia Sedona

18 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Family enjoyed this vehicle

by PoppaLeon from Martin,TN | May 22, 2016

Got my 2006 EX in 2011, after a drunk totaled my 2007 Town and Country Touring. My wife text drove it and was fascinated at how well it handled. I was in the back seat with our kids watching a DVD, so I agreed. I liked driving it in the city, however driving to San Diego, California for the Summer, I almost died because I am 6' 1" and this KIA must be designed for short people. Once I figured how to live with it, I enjoyed how well it handled and how we went from 71,000 miles when we got it to 182,000 miles after five years of many road trips since. The second row captain chairs are comfortable even on long distance.

2008 Kia Minivan EX LWB

by Family man from Kansas | March 11, 2015

We bought a 2008 Kia Sedona after the disaster of owning a 2006 Ford Freestyle. I wasn't expecting much but bought it cheap enough ( a year old when we bought it) that I figured I couldn't get hurt to bad. It now has 140,000 miles on the clock and runs great with good power and no issues. In those 140K miles it has had only two repairs - a rear wheel bearing started leaking grease and an idler pulley on the main belt started to squeal. One set of brakes on the front - the rears are still original. The rest just fluid changes. It gets about 21 MPG per tank of fuel with mixed driving. My wife loves it for ease of driving such a large vehicle and quick loading of the 4 kids. I am a 6'1" and find the leg room lacking in the drivers seat and it feels as if it were designed more for a shorter female driver. With this many miles the interior has a few extra squeeks and groans now but overal its been a great vehicle. Looking at at the 2015s to replace this one.

competitive minivan

by ranger from long island, ny | September 13, 2014

very comfortable ride. excellent steering & brakes. gas mileage 16 city 24 hwy. gas pedal takes a little getting used to [ sensitive ]. paint seems to scratch easily. wind can seem loud in cabin.

a Great Value in a Used Car

by romp from New Berlin,WI | July 5, 2014

I bought a used 2012 Kia Sedona LX with 35.000 miles on it , because I have a 2007 Kia Optima,The only car I bought new. I am hoping the Sedona is as reliable as the Optima. When I was looking for a mini Van, the Toyotas & Hondas for the same price were cars with 100,000 miles on them . So it has Value , reliability and a good warranty. My Dodge Grand caravan had more comfortable seats. The van is peppy. My Oprima EX has better speakers. I drove it 750 miles already to St. Louis but the gas mileage was not great @ 75mph . I recommend the Van.

2012 Kia Sedona

by Riles from Cedarburg, WI | December 26, 2013

With 271 HP this van is very quick. 6 speed automatic is real smooth. I consistently get 26.33 MPG combined. This surprised me, but I have verified it 3 times. Only minor problem is a somewhat rough ride as it is a minivan suspension --- not an automobile suspension. This is my second Kia Sedona.

Excellent Reliability

by Richard M. from Lake St. Louis, MO | January 30, 2013

Purchased first Kia Sedona in 2006. It now has 140,000+ miles and we are keeping it. We have pulled boats with it and it does an excellent job. On long trips, the seating is not as comfortable as other vans we have driven. However, the handing of the vehicle is excellent. We have just purchased our second Sedona. I am disappointed that Kia discontinued manufacturing this vehicle. I commend Kia for the reliability of this vehicle.

Best van I have ever owned!

by High mileage runner from Phoenix, AZ | January 5, 2013

This van has been driven on extremely long trips with a heavy load. Total comfort, excellent sound system, and wonderful temperature control for all passengers. It is used to pull a 3,000 lb boat in the summer which it does with ease. I have had Ford, Dodge and several Chrysler vans. KIA is only one that has been trouble free.

Best Van Owned

by Stones745 from Bloomington, Wisconsin | November 12, 2012

I can not say how much I love the sedona van, it's everything the dealer ship sales-person said. I am in the monument business, have to transport many customers to different cemetery locations, My van can transport 6 of my customer's family members without a problem. Many customers have said the sedona is a good riding vehicle. Easy to enter and the driving is very smooth.

Great family minivan

by Kia convert from SF Bay Area, CA | June 14, 2012

I was a big H*** fan. Until recently we (3 kids family) owned O*** 2004. Time to replace the van; we started looking to what's on market and found that the current O***s are way overpriced, so we decided to go with Kia. I should say that while the 2012 Sedona resembles second (1999-2004) generation of H*** O*** - up to the location of certain switches and handles - it is a way better car. The 2012 O*** of similar trim will cost $13K more than Sedona. So the choice was to get a Sedona and I do not regret. It is very well designed and assembled. No problems so far. The engine is powerful, sometimes I think it is too powerful for a family van. But I like it :) Overall, I recommend all O*** owners who are looking to replace their aging van to try Sedona, you'll like it.

great minivan

by big van from springfield ma | June 6, 2012

great minivan bought new in jan 2012. likes: engine and transmission are great, you can hardly notice when it shifts, the manual shift is great especially on a minivan. lots of room the leather seats are a good quality leather. this van is fast no lack of power even when fully loaded with passengers and cargo. i have the ex model for the features it has it was a lot cheaper than the competition. the cornering and handling are great for a minivan. with the long warranty this van is a no brainer. now the dislikes: i am 6ft 2in it could use a little more leg room for the drivers seat, also the seat base lacks has no adjustment for tilt i would like to tilt the front of the seat base up for more thigh support. also a telescoping steering wheel would be nice. next being tall i have to move the seat almost all the way back and because of this it is a long reach to the radio and climate controls. and the tires are average although they are good in the snow. the gas mileage is ok i get about 18.5 mpg in the city and 24 mpg hwy. if you are looking for a minivan dont skip a test drive of the sedona.