2000 Kia Sephia

23 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Very good car

by Jim & Sarah from Temecula, CA | June 9, 2012

4.5 stars overall. - My wife and I got a 2000 Kia Sephia back in 2001 and we drove it and drove it and got it up to 260,000+ miles. It was a solid car for us for many years and we very much enjoyed it. The trans finally gave out (in 2010) and it cost more to fix then the car was worth. We for sure got our money's worth on this one. We have to look into getting another car (some fool totaled our 2003 Kia Optima) and we are not ruling out another Sephia. Great car!!

Great car!!

by Springy from Knoxville Tn | May 13, 2012

This car is awesome! I rescued it from college kids who were going to scrap her!! I got it super cheap & unbelievably it ran great with no problems!! I just changed the horrible looking battery terminals put a set of 17's on it gave it a bath & iv had no problems out of her what so ever!! I love my kia!! I named her sophie!! Lol Great car thats cheap on gas!! Get one!!

Real Surprise

by Rhino from Rome, Ga. | December 3, 2011

My Toyota Previa finally died and I bought a older Honda Accord that nearly broke me. A friend gave me mine after in had sat in his yard a year. I spent about 800 dollars to get it running and then a clutch and a starter. It has 270000 miles on it now after over a year and is still running good. It uses one quart of oil per change period. Radio doesn't work and no interior lights. Head lights aren't the brightest but I hope to see over 300000. Couldn't ask for much better free care.

Good Engine, 124,000 miles and still running great

by retired in Kentucky from | May 1, 2011

Some folks have complained about the 2000 Kia Sephia.(2000) I bought the car new, kept up good maintenance on the vehicle. It is a little slow on acceleration when merging in traffic on an interstate highway, but runs very good at higher speeds. The engine and transmission seem to have a lot of years left in them. Has a good A/C. The interior is OK, but the radio is a little cheap looking with very small knobs. It is a good basic transportation car, but loses it value very quickly. But that was a few years ago and the newer Kias are doing much better. I suggest that you buy it for what it is. (Basic transportation.)

more than i bargained for

by eazege from dallas | April 7, 2009

i bought this 2000 sephia used for $4000. i have had it for two years and besides my oil change.evrything has been quite on point.i guess the manual transmissions are better thats what i have and i love it.

love my kia

by nifer from abington ma | September 30, 2007

I think having the 5 speed makes all the difference!! i bought this car back in 02 and it still runs great I am just having to start doing matnece to it like the plugs and wires.

A Car Full of Mechanical Problems!

by A Guy Looking for a Reliable Car of Quality from Cincinnati, OH | December 27, 2006

I purchased a used Kia Sephia (2000 model) in 2003 and I only got 88,000 miles of service out of the vehicle for $8400 of cost. I don't think this is very good value for your dollar!! The vehicle had many problems. Some of these were: radiator that had to be replaced, the main computer had to be replaced, and the straw that broke the camel's back - the crank bolt broke and the engine had to be replaced. Poor steel quality is what the mechanic said when I asked why the crank bolt broke! This shows the poor quality of this vehicle. My mechanic says he sees KIA's ALL THE TIME at his shop! I wonder why?

good car. great sale. low price.

by cars. cars. cars. from valencia | June 7, 2006

very reliable car. GREAT gas saver. over-all very good car. low low miles. and a great value for it's money!! pretty comfortable too. recommended.

Featured Services for this Kia Sephia