2001 Kia Sephia

24 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Best Car Ever!

by Country Living City Working from Hastings, Iowa | July 13, 2014

We bought our girl in 2004. She is a 5 speed, 1.6 liter Sephia 4 door. She was born in 2001 and when we found her she had 64,000 miles on her, but they appeared to be mostly Interstate Miles. That day we bought her it was mid-July and 103 outside. I kicked on her air during the test drive and it was the coldest I ever felt. We bought her on the spot. Fast forward 10 years, it is now exactly 10 years later and she just turned over 353,694 miles. Yup, that's right. Over 350,000. We live right smack dab in the Midwest with some of the most extreme weather there is. So yes, we have rust along the bottom rails, we have had winter mornings where the doors froze and wouldn't shut, but a couple winter's ago we figured out how to fix that. She had got us through 6 foot snow drifts and survived a flood and a tornado. We have never had anything but general maintenance on it. We replaced the alternator once and the air conditioner compressor once; and a few batteries. I hit a deer with her once and had the windshield and hood replaced. That's it. We replaced her timing belt at 180,000, about 5 years ago. But, yesterday, she got very hot (thermostat stuck and I have only replaced the thermostat once) and I pushed her. I pushed her too hard! We now need a new motor, but I will not count her out. Please do not push it if the motor overheats. I trusted her a little too much and expected more than I should have. But We Will Fix Her!!! She is our little silver girl and I won't give up. I recommend to everyone - BUY A KIA!!! Thank you for the best little car secret in America.

Reliable car

by Chaplain Dave from Bartlesville, OK | June 2, 2011

My wife bought this car a year before we married, & I was nervous because I'd never heard of Kia. This car has exceeded expectations! It endured a fairly bad accident in 2004, and it has continued on faithfully. Only negatives have been 1) have had to replace the alternator several times, more often than I think necessary; & 2) transmission finally went at about 160000. But these are the only issues we've had. Overall, the 2001 Kia Sepia has bern reliable for us.

Point A to B

by Kia Owner from massachusetts | January 15, 2011

Bought my '01 Kia Sephia manual trans. with 67K now have 110,000 and have only replaced tires and belts. VERY RELIABLE CAR always starts np.Very comfortable compared to riding on horseback. My 1 real complaint is the cheapo door latches can actually freeze up bad. I mean they can just not open at all sometimes!! But hey what do you want for just a few thousand bucks?

tuff little car

by cowponies from Thaxton, VA | July 3, 2009

I bought my kia brand new in 01 I traded in my truck that I had gotten ripped off on and needed something to haul kids and friends in and dependable to and from work. I will tell you even though I now had a car it still worked like a truck. It has hauled hay, feed, been thru creeks, hay fields, hit 4 deer, raised 2 kids and dogs, traveled 80 miles a day to work and back in the snow and ice. It has never had regualar maintence work, just oil changes from time to time never changed the spark plugs and it now has 160,000 miles on it and still goes up and down the road. It is a little ruff sounding and the axels are bent from hauling feed in it. It gets great fuel mileage and the interier other than dirty dosent have anything wrong w/ it. It is a great little car for people who arn't looking for style but function.

good for the basic

by julz from NJ | February 12, 2009

I bought this car new in 2000. It is not the most attractive or high proforming car on the market. However, this car has bee totally reliable and cost effective. I think that I paid no more than $1,000 over 8 years for car repairs. great on gas! great car if you need to get to and from work. I gave the car to my daughter and purchased another Kia. Perfect car for todays market and gas prices.

Boring car

by Econobox Hater from Norman, OK | January 2, 2009

Gets you from point A to point B no wow just buzz buzz ok if you can get it cheap but not the best car if it has over 100,000miles

"Runs like a sewing machine"

by Dave from Alabama | April 23, 2008

The car is small and a bit unattractive, but it is a great commuter car. I get 28-36 mpg Highway. Mine has over 110,000 miles and I have only changed the oil, brakes, plug/plug wires and a battery.The resale value is low, so it's a buyers market for a good cheap car.

Car not Good

by Moved On from Atl, GA | August 6, 2007

I have a friend that has a Kia Sephia and she is always complaining that she should have gotten a better car and that it is the worst thing that she has ever driven. It is an embarrassment and I hate to be seen in the car. The only thing good about the car is that while I was hitching a ride to class on rainy days is that it never broke down. It is blue and the nastiest blue color that I have ever seen. I understand fully why they stopped making these cars!!!

bad

by heather from moosup ct | June 7, 2007

the transmission went at 36,000 miles smoking, i bought it for the price even though my friends told me not to. the ceiling fabric started to come apart. and a co worker had the same problem but her plastic molding came off too.

would purchase another kia

by rick from pulaski,tn | March 22, 2007

The car has 124000 miles on it now and gets drove to work 53 miles one way and has not failed me yet real impressed after I put about 60000 of the miles on it my self.I am really a big dodge fan but love this car to keep up the good on the car.

Featured Services for this Kia Sephia