2005 Kia Sorento

2005 Kia Sorento

Available in 4 styles:  2005 Kia Sorento 4x2 Sport Utility shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

If you like spending money

by Broke Kia owner from Southeast Texas | July 18, 2012

Bought this car used. If you don't mind spending $1500 a year on repairs alone buy one cause that's what I did. I bought the extended warranty to which NONE of the $1500 yearly expenses covered. AC/Belts CONSTANTLY/etc. Not sure what is more painful about this car...the pain in my wallet or the pain in my back from sitting in this UNGODLY uncomfortable car! I live an hour from the beach, and by the time I get there my back/butt are screaming in agony. Says a lot when my previous car was/is a Hyundai Tiberon (passed it to my kid and it now has 100,000 miles on it and STILL hasn't been to the shop...I guess because the KIA is in there so much is maybe why the Hyundai 2001 just rolled over that 100k mile marker!) So, in saying, I bought the KIA thinking it would be as reliable as the Hyundai....dumb me....not even remotely! What korean? Pass this one up and drive to the nearest Hyundai.

love my kia never had any problems with it.....

by chris from Gainesville | December 10, 2011

I bought my kia sorento in 2007 and love it i had to replace the front right blinker bulb. But besides that i love the car and would recommend this to my family and friends

A fuel hog

by Picky from San Diego, CA | August 19, 2011

Getting terrible MPG (16 mpg) on the freeway instead of the 22 that's advertised. Why do the stick the water temp gauge at 1/2 scale??

not very good even worse service

by bad kia from simi valley | April 8, 2011

purchased new in 2005 kia sorrento have had many problems with brakes ,headlights , interior lights, side marker lights , license plate lights ,and now at 75000 miles where into mechanical issues such as camshaft,and crankshaft sensors water pump etc all of which nothing has been covered under the supposed 10yr/100000 mile warrantees they feed you a bunch of lies nothing will be covered under warrantee and you will pay if you want your vehicle fixed I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY KIA VEHICLE

Perfect for the Purpose

by Momma Magee from Seattle, WA | January 18, 2011

I love my Sorento...We went to test this rig. We didnt just drive the car we brought our daily babby load and our travel load with us to the car dealership. After the test drive we loaded the rig full of our stuff... carseat, cooler, stroller, portacrib you get the idea. Then we put a 6'2" man in the back seat and he still fit very comfortably. Great family car for and family of 3 plus grandpa(makes 4)! I love this Sorento...the manual transmission doesnt even cause frustration, like my old car did, the rig will haul even when you start on a hill in 2nd...not recomended but come on it happens! A couple little things I have found that are quarks that might be with just my Kia. Dome light doesnt automatically come on, a switch is broken...thats okay it wakes the baby anyways. Thats about it...oh I get the model that didnt come with an alarm...but no complaints...I love this Kia A+!!! Oh oh I love the fact its silver I can go off roading in this thing...(no i cant 2 rwd but the idea still is my point) as dirty as i get it i just wash the windows and spray off the tires and its still looks clean maybe only in the Seattle lack of sunlight by I love that feature!!! I have gotten stuck in the Kia twice due to freakish snow and ice storms but no big deal...next time I know better not to risk driving in that anyways...happens every 12 years no big deal!!!! Thanks for reading like I said A+!!! Name brand does not mean perfect for everyone!!

Almost happy with the Sorento

by Petite woman in West Virginia from Morgantown, WV | December 9, 2009

Bought it on Halloween. Switched to the Sorento, after looking at the Sportage a lot (monthly payment for Sportage couldn't fit my budget). Not comfortable at all with R-WD. Already have it listed for sale on a few sites. Went back to the dealer with my concerns about R-WD; and was told to use 4WD more often, and change my driving style. I've gone to a few other dealers to inquire about a trade-in, in order to get a different vehicle. They have all said I got smoked or hosed on the sale price of the Sorento - - meaning over-payed. Besides that, and less than average fuel economy; I'm very happy with the Sorento. Fuel economy is probably due to my driving habits, and the very hilly terrain of this area. Just had our first snow here, and 4WD works well. Rides very nice, has a sturdy truck feel, comfortable, good storage, tinted windows, and low insurance costs due to safety ratings. Good for small and big people. I'm 5'1 and 96, and my boyfriend is 5'10 and 185. Fix the blind spots (could be because I'm short). Not sure if it's due to the vehicle type, and I'm used to smaller cars; the handling could be improved. Better speakers. Offer Front-wheel or All-wheel drive in the Sorento.

GREAT VALUE

by ROMANO from Rome, Italy | April 18, 2008

I have 51,000 miles on my 2005 Kia Sorento. Only problem has been with the rear door locks which were replaced by the dealer. I would by another. However, I wish Kia could get the V6 to do better with gas. Only 16 or 17 mph in the city.

LOVE HATE RELATION

by michael from penna. | August 15, 2007

LOVE THIS SUV WHEN THE TANK IS FULL TO THE TUNE OF 65.41 dollers, HATE WHEN IT NEEDS TO BE REFULLED AT 61.41.

Kia Sorento

by carbaby07 from Des Moines, IA | July 6, 2007

Very attractive looking vechile, very appealing. Good value for the money. Excellent warranty. Sunroof is good size, with a sun shade to cover when not in use. RWD models are the best way to go for the money even with purchasing in IOWA with the snow button it works wonders, you dont even know its a 2Wheel Drive vechile. Never had any problems with this vechile in the winter, always have been able to get to where I need to be with snow, and ice. Good vechile.

Early prolbem with workmanship; dealer handled

by Needed Transportation from Ridgeland, MS | December 20, 2006

Early prolbem with workmanship; dealer was able to handle with reasonable timeframe. Should have had a thorough pre-delivery check. Many of the items returned to dealer could have been avoided.

Featured Services for this Kia Sorento