2006 Kia Sorento

2006 Kia Sorento

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Kia Sorento 4x2 Sport Utility shown

Overall

Unreliable & tons of expensive repairs

by Too many repairs from ontario | June 14, 2014

Very disappointed in my Kia Sorrento. Runs poorly, constantly in the shop for very expensive repairs. Breaks down on all trips. Can only be used close to home. Not safe of highways. You'll need a CAA card (get the premium package).

one unhappy Kia Sorento owner

by dee from Alabama | March 28, 2014

bought this car 4 years ago used. Have problems with wiring, headlights,air compressor and clear-coat. The only thing I like about this car is the turn radius.

Great Comfortable SUV

by no8of9 from Anchorage, AK | October 5, 2011

Great car. I drive a lot, being a Realtor. I bought mine used about a year ago. My sister has one and loves hers, so I decided to buy one myself. The interior is spacious and the leather seats are comfortable. From the cup holders to the storage compartments, this vehile was well thought out. My only complaint about the Sorento is the gas mileage. Being an AWD and a 2006 I generally get 16 in the city and maybe 20 on the highway. Excellent sound system too.

owner

by rasman2020 from anchorage AK | April 12, 2010

You get what you paid for. I have sorento 06 with just 22K miles, already speed sensor problem. But its understandable, everything brakes in our days. Good car, bad mileage. Mileage is awful, manual transmission gears are too short. I dont need 3000rpm on 65 mi/h. Waste of gas. Other than that - love this car.

Had to have this car!

by fancy pants from Grahamsville, NY | January 28, 2010

Saw a used Sorento at a local dealer and fell in love with the way it looked. Ended up driving 5 hours ONE WAY to pick up my used 2006 Sorento LX and it was TOTALLY worth it! I was a bit leary because my mom had a late model Sportage that was junk, but I just couldn't walk away from this car. I had someone on my way home try to merge into me (going about 70 mph)on a 3 lane highway, and the car was great! I had to get over to the left quickly and the car was so stable in that scary situation. I love everything about it-the sport package, the comfort of it, the was I can downshift myself. Of course, the way it looks! It gets looks all the time! I've had it six months now and I wish I would have bought it sooner instead of leasing my Sentra. Always said I'd never buy a KIA because I'm a car snob. Lesson learned-LOVE MY SORENTO!!!!

Best SUV bargain around

by mdndpm from Appleton, WI | May 2, 2009

My Kia Sorento EX has been an outstanding SUV. It's better than the Toyota 4-Runner, Highlander and Subaru Outback wagon that I used to own. The 4WD works great on-road and off-road. Very comfortable seating position, better than the 4-Runner or Outback wagon. The ride isn't quite as soft as the Highlander, but that's the trade-off for a true off-road 4WD SUV with better towing capability. More comfortable than other "real 4WD" SUVs or trucks under $40K. I was in a 360 degree spinout at highway speeds (my fault, not the vehicle) and the vehicle stayed upright and undamaged. The MPG is a little less than some of it's competitors, but the cost of the Sorento is so much less (if bought below it's MSRP), that I'm still money ahead for many years until the "break-even" point. I've had the vehicle for several years and it has been flawless in construction and performance. Never had any mechanical problems. High quality interior materials...better materials than it's American competitors. I bought my Sorento because a friend traded in his Lexus RX330 for a Sorento EX and he liked it more than his Lexus. These cars are an amazing bargain if you can find one used, because they resell quite a bit below the new MSRP. Overall, the best 4WD SUV I've tried under $40k. If I wanted to spend more than $40k, I'd probably go with a Lexus GX or LX.

Love this car. Not what I expected. Check one out

by Jimmyjet from Mill Creek | February 8, 2009

I purchase a used EX last Fall. The car was a pleasent surprise. All the features you want including extra ones like heated outside mirrors, heated wipers, steering wheel radio controls. this car is the best SUV for the money for sure.

Another Kia Value

by Idaho Guy from Boise, ID | August 1, 2007

We bought this truck primarily to navigate the 2.5 mile, steep, switchbacked, potholed dirt-road drive to our house from the highway. In winter, these roads are sometimes iced-over and treacherous - serious business. Our trade-in was a 2005 Honda CR-V (automatic transmission) that simply could not go S L O W enough in the winter to be safe. Our Sorento is the EX 4WD version with a manual transmission and stylin' sport package. The long and short of it is that the Sorento is the perfect fit in terms of features and price. Push the button and you're in four-wheel low. Keep in in 1st and you can idle downhill on the ice at less than walking speed. We also test-drove the X-Terra and 4-Runner, but in the end the Sorento was the winner, both value-wise and and being able to deliver the goods - very slowly should you prefer. After 18 months and 21,000 trouble-free miles, this is one REAL sport utility vehicle that we can absolutely recommend to others. After driving on our washboard roads for a year and a half, it has no rattles or squeaks....very solid. This was our first Kia and helped us make the decision to purchase our most excellent '07 Spectra, Phil. Alas, the Sorento remains nameless.

treu believer

by true believer from texas | August 25, 2006

Kia- Whom would had thought . Great vehicle. 20,000 miles and going strong! Just be sure to buy a life time alignment policy at your local garage. It needs an alignment performed every 6 months.

most overlooked suv

by jedd from tenn | July 25, 2006

One cannot mistake the overall quality of the KIA Sorento by just taking a quick overlook. When driven, all the pieces come together. A sound vehicle at a great price. If the KIA Sornto develops a following and a proven track record, which by all the above qualifications it should, Toyotas and Nissans will have to move over a little on their "elite" pedistol, because the KIA can be purchased for less. The KIA is highly recommended for value and quality. Very, Very hard to beat when compared to the Japanese staple.