2008 Kia Sorento

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Most Dependable Car I have owned

by lilsquirt from Shasta Lake, Ca. | August 17, 2013

I LOVE my Kia, I owned a Jeep before purchasing my Kia, it rides so comfortable. Took a trip to Ks. and got 23 mpg. very happy with that. Would recommend it to anyone, in fact I had a friend go in and buy a NEW Kia Sorento, she loves it.

very happy

by older but foxy from SW Florida | April 14, 2013

Have just owned Kia for a short time, but enjoying every minute; traded down in size, but havent noticed much difference . Would certainly recommend to anyone.

MY HUBBY LIKES HIS SORENTO

by MAMAOF5 from KC, MO | February 11, 2013

We wanted a smaller SUV that was a good value, got great gas mileage and would not need to be in the shop as often as our Ford Explorer did. (Knock on dash.) We test drove several Sorentos and were impressed with their look, drive and price. We have owned this vehicle for a month and have been very pleased with it so far. My husband really likes the gadgetry of the great stereo and being able to hear my voice in surround sound (ha) through his stereo system on hands free calls. I like the feel of the heated seats and the way the doors close very soundly and the road noise is muted. I also like the black interior that will be child friendly. It is a also a fun, zippy car to drive.

great family car for medium family

by billy25685 from Amarillo, TX | January 9, 2013

In 2011 I bought a 2009 Sorento LX 4x4 as a gift to my fiancee. It was a fresh replacement for her old minivan which worked fine but had no pazaz. I like the 4x4 capability though she rarely lets me play in it. In 2wd it has traction and stability control which works great for her until the weather is so bad she has to turn the little knob putting it in 4w mode. We have taken a few vacations and the Sorento always stores fine, travels fine and gets us home save and comfortable. Only real complaint is acceleration sometimes requires us to put "peddle to the metal" getting on freeway but put your foot in it and it will scream to speed. I like the simplified dash and controls, minimal distractions and easy operation. In my opinion the car is practical for anything less than 5 people. The Sorento has not had any problems, only maintenance work has been done. The only way a person would be disheartened with this vehicle is if a saleman talks them into overpaying.

Run

by car shopper from Denver, CO | December 19, 2012

2 transmissions before 5000 miles, transfer case at 30k. 30000 mile trip to the dealer was $800.! Mileage 20 mpg at the most, no matter how I babied it. Glad it's gone! Hope it's better for its new owner.

GREAT CAR!!!

by Hotrod15 from Arizona | July 11, 2012

I currently own 2 Kia Sorentos and have never had a problem with either one. They both ride comfortably and get good milage and are fun to drive, you can't go wrong with a Sorento they are super vehicles!!!

Pretty Good Car for the Wife

by Long Time Car Lover, Roanoke, VA from Roanoke, VA | March 3, 2012

I purchased our '08 Sorento in Nov of '09. Mainly purchased for my wife, I've had more than a few opportunities to drive it. Being a sedan man all my life, I find the Sorento a very good vehicle, especially considering the price. Gas mileage is pretty good for a SUV (around 20 MPG). Space is adequate, although my long legs require a periodic stretch on highway trips. Stereo is pretty decent and simple to operate. The warranty is a Godsend for worry free driving. Overall, I'd buy another one, but, the newer model appears a bit large for my taste. If it came to that, I would probably consider the Sportage.

Best Car for the Money, Period!

by Sargeinva from Bluefield, WV | January 23, 2012

This is our third KIA. One Sorento, one Spectra. We have the 3.8 litre V-6, auto transmission. Wish new models had 3.8 V-6, lack thereof will possibly keep us out of another Sorenoto. Mileage is always over 20mpg, especially with non-ethonal fuel. Original tires lasted for close to 40,000 miles. Never any problems, except for weak AM radio signal. Ergonomics are super, seats most comfortable, ride is great. We plan to pull a 4,200lb camper, "book" states it can handle 5,000lbs. We shall see. Can't say enough about this wonderful automobile!

Awesome Value

by hawk fan 1 from Johnston, Iowa | July 18, 2011

I've owned my 2008 Sorento for a few months now and I love it. Acceleration is great and it has comfort and style to match the more expensive mid-size SUV's. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

looks as good as more expensive suv's

by catering mom from Palm Harbor FL | June 1, 2011

great vehicle for the money..............................................................................

Featured Services for this Kia Sorento