2012 Kia Sorento

Available in 11 styles:  2012 Kia Sorento 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Nice car

by John from | April 28, 2014

We had an older Sorento, which we loved. The only reason we sold it was the fuel milage was fairly poor, but the vehicle was very comfortable. This new Sorento is quite a bit better on fuel than the older body style. The only thing we found disappointing was the lack of a temp gauge in our new LX. It was a standard item in both of our other vehicles, so we didn't notice it was missing until a few days after we bought it.

Very Pleased With this Car!

by Very Picky Car Owner from Holly, MI | January 30, 2014

Going into year number 3, and still love this vehicle. Everything still works and I haven't had to repair anything mechanically so far. I did have an area fixed around a bolt on the bumper that had very little but still some rust staining. I also didn't like how plain the dash was. My husband added a wood grain dash kit I bought. It looks great and very rich. I think Kia did a great job on this redesign in 2011 and I stand behind my review.

Good vehicle with some design irritations

by Vancouverrl from Vancouver BC | May 26, 2013

I have 2012 EX V6 Awd with moonroof. Driven with 21,000 Km. so far no issues and have been pleased with vehicle. Interior defiantly has an Audi monochrome influences which is not surprising given designer was ex Audi. Interior plastics could be better as cheaper hard plastic used on dash. Yes a firm ride which is good in the twisties but suspension show it's limits as can bottom out when pushed and roads uneven. In Eco mode it is sluggish from a start, but use Auto in manual mode, mash throttle and things get more interesting and a decent acceleration. I have found that moving up to mid grade gas really helps with engine running stronger, smother and dare I say I seem to get better mileage although only @ extra 50 km on full tank. Speaking of mileage I am not surprised those with 4cyl get poor mileage. Heavy car + small engine = poor mpg! You are going to hit the gas pedal to get that weight moving which is why I bought the V6. Equal or better than 4 cyl especially with people and gear in ( which let's face it is why you would buy this kind of vehicle) Anyway not a bad vehicle but expensive in Canada, and Kia cheaped out on interior

So glad I didn't buy the BMW X3

by TacoriGirl from Texas | May 22, 2013

First off I bought a 2014 Sorento SX in black. I'm glad I came to my senses and realized that the Sorento has every feature a luxury car has but at $15,000 less. Yes, I've test drove the x3 and it is a nice but over priced vehicle. Even the Audi Q5 was on my list. Then I test drove the Sorento and shattered my misconceptions. The Sorento is for someone who wants a SUV with all the luxury options and realizes that paying 50k for a vehicle is ridiculous. The Sorento gives you memory seats, 8inch screen navigation, premium sound, blind spot detection, rear view camera, and power lift gate, just to name a few options all for under 40K. Throw in the 290 hp fuel efficiency with regular 87 octane not premium required gas and it really is a no brainer.

Great car!

by I love my Kia! from Vestal, NY | March 22, 2013

I have only had my Kia for 1 1/2 days and I absolutely love it. Thank you to Bill Skudder for making it an enjoyable experience during the process of purchasing my Kia. From the time I took it for a test drive to the time I picked it up and drove it off the lot was a pleasant experience. Everyone that I dealt with at Matthews were very helpful and informative.

Great car to drive

by Hola from MN | February 21, 2013

I have been driving the SX 2012 for a month now. Coming from a VW jetta manual I was afraid of missing the fun of driving. I have to admit that the Sorento has surprised me. It is fun to drive, safe on passing other cars and has a sports feeling when you are a the wheel. Inside it has all the fun stuff, panoramic sunroof, garage opener, backup camera...and the looks are great for a car of this price (it seems the designer is the same as Audi uses). Easy access to phone, radio etc... The gas consumption is not as good as I though. I was never able to make the 26 MPG that they say in highways, even with speeds of 65 mph. I ended up doing around 21 or 22MPG, but I guess that the kind of thing I have to give up for the 6 cylinder power.

MPG Not True

by Riegar from Salt Lake City , UT | February 16, 2013

Overall the car for the money is good. However, the GDI engines were estimated to give a much high MPG than what it really gets. 20 MPG on the highway is more of the average I have been getting on the highways. Kia acknowledge this problem and has been paying back owners gas dollars. There is a big difference between the power of the V6 and the 4-cylinder. They get the same gas mileage so buy the V6.

Kia Sorento is a great sturdy car

by apa from Springfield, MA | February 7, 2013

I was more interested in the Sportage but this is above and beyond. Love de AWD and the smooth transmition which is very strong at the same time. I'm in love with my Sorento. Highly recommend it.

Best bang for the buck

by Kellylbi from NJ | January 29, 2013

Love my Sorento. Great family car. Love that it has 3 rows of seats. Gets great gas miles. You get all the bells and whistles for a low price.

Great car

by Bojangles from Fresno, CA | January 29, 2013

Its been very comfortable and user friendly -- love it! People, please stop bashing the MPG numbers with this vehicle. Our Sorento vehicle gets the MPG figures, as advertised. I bet there is a direct corrolation between those who get "poor" MPG and bad driving habits ("jack-rabbit" acceleration, braking too hard, using AC or heat too much, and yes, texting while driving, etc). I also own a Kia Optima SX Turbo and I average 30-32 MPG per tank...let me repeat that - over 30 MPG with a Turbo! If you improve your driving habits, then your "real world" MPG numbers will go up considerably. Otherwise, the vehicle is fine so far...a great value for the money.