The Kia Sorento is a car-based crossover platform with seating for up to seven in three rows. In Kia's lineup, the Sorento sits above the compact Sportage crossover. It competes roughly with smaller crossovers that also offer a third row, like the Dodge Journey, Toyota RAV4 and Mitsubishi Outlander.
Trim levels include the LX, EX and SX. Four-cylinder or V-6 power is available. All-wheel drive is optional.
New for 2012
A more powerful 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine joins the Sorento lineup.
The Sorento's creased lines and Acura-like headlights have a clear resemblance up front to the Forte and Optima sedans. Exterior features include:
- Seventeen-inch wheels are standard
- Fog lights, rear spoiler and 18-inch alloys are optional
- EX models have a new wheel design
- The more powerful four-cylinder has dual exhaust tips
Like the Forte, the Sorento's dashboard houses each gauge within a separate portal and places major audio and climate controls on an elevated central dashboard section. The second row folds flat into the floor; so does the optional third row. Interior features include:
- Air conditioning
- Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
- A CD stereo with USB/iPod compatibility
- Available dual-zone automatic climate control
- Available 12-speaker Infinity stereo
- Available navigation system
- Available heated leather seats
- Available panoramic moonroof
Under the Hood
Mechanical features include:
- Standard 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine makes 175 horsepower and 169 pounds-feet of torque
- Newly available 191-hp, 2.4-liter four-cylinder
- Available 3.5-liter V-6 makes 276 hp and 248 pounds-feet of torque
- All-wheel drive is optional.
- Kia's all-wheel-drive system offers a lockable center differential to route constant power to both axles, should you need to get out of some heavy snow or mud
Standard safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Traction control
- Electronic stability system
- Six airbags and active front head restraints
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2012 Kia Sorento.
Asking Price Range