The Kia Sorento is a car-based crossover with seating for up to seven in three rows. In Kia's lineup, the Sorento sits above the compact Sportage crossover. It competes roughly with smaller crossovers that also offer a third row, like the Dodge Journey, Toyota RAV4 and Mitsubishi Outlander.
Trim levels include the LX, EX and SX. Four-cylinder or V-6 power is available. All-wheel drive is optional.
New for 2013
The 2013 model year brings minor changes to the Sorento, including leather seats for the EX trim and a third-row seat for the V-6-powered LX model. A new LX Convenience Plus Package features an eight-way power-adjustable driver's seat, a leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel, as well as a first-aid kit.
The Sorento's creased lines and Acura-like headlights have a clear resemblance up front to the Forte and Optima sedans. Exterior features include:
- 17-inch wheels standard; 18-inch wheels optional
- Available fog lights and rear spoiler
- Available roof rails
- Available panoramic sunroof
- Available LED taillights and power-folding side mirrors
The Sorento's dashboard houses each gauge within a separate portal and places major stereo and climate controls on an elevated central dashboard section. The second row folds flat into the floor; so does the optional third row. Interior features include:
- Air conditioning; available dual-zone automatic climate control
- Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
- CD stereo with USB/iPod compatibility and satellite radio
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Available Uvo multimedia system
- Available Infinity premium stereo
- Available navigation system
Under the Hood
Mechanical features include:
- Standard 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine makes 175 horsepower and 169 pounds-feet of torque
- Optional 191-hp, 2.4-liter four-cylinder
- Optional 3.5-liter V-6 makes 276 hp and 248 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- The Sorento's optional all-wheel-drive system offers a lockable center differential to route constant power to both axles, should you need to get out of some heavy snow or mud.
Safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Traction control
- Electronic stability system
- Hill descent control
- Front-seat side-impact airbags and active head restraints
- Side curtain airbags for first and second rows of seats
- Available backup camera
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 Kia Sorento.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range