2014 Kia Sorento

See Photos & Videos

Overall

great car

by darkray from London | July 6, 2014

I brought the kia in march 2014 and it been very good overall. My sorento is a 2.2 diesel with 194 bhp and 311lbs of torque more than enough for everyday driving and I've done 2500 miles so far and average 41 mpg which is good for a new engine and should get near its official figures of 47.8 mpg after its first service. Its been very good when we needed the the 3rd row of seats, used many times. Its good in the straights but not good going round corners, but has a great ride. The seats are great for long journeys but could do with better lumber support and the sat nav has been very useful.

Tow Car

by Rover from midlands | May 9, 2014

Comfortable well equiped cabin, ride a little hard vehicle pleasing to the eye, loads of extras. inc rear self leveling suspension..great asset for towing. I didnt own the vehicle long enough to rate its reliability 3 months to be precise.I purchased it new in 2014 as a tow vehicle that had a max tow weight of 2500Kg .. My Swift caravan has a total tow weight of 1560Kg. We mostly visit CL sites which mainly offers fields & meadows to park your caravan. On soft grass the vehicle didnt like reversing the caravan, the engine bay started to emitt a horrible strong burning smell along with smoke from the clutch area. This happened 3 times in concession. After a dealer inspection & no faults found i got rid before new clutch needed.

Uses car for Towing

Worst Kia Ever

by Value Kia Owner from Tupelo, MS | April 28, 2014

So we have 15,000 and have had this car in the shop 3 times since we got it! This engine is complete with disable your vehicle if there might be a problem with the car. Everytime this has happened my wife and I were in the car with our kids and we are stuck away from home. The program in this car limits the car back to 20-40 miles per hour max. We have tried to get the issue fixed that the onboard UVO system reported. We are told by KIA corporate that if it doesn't happen and stay COMPLETELY disabled then the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty will not apply. We have called corporate and they have verified this into. We USE to be loyal customers of kia as we have owned a 2011, 2013, and (2) 2014 kia vehicles and with this failed warranty shame. WE WILL NOT Be BACK!

great car!

by joe from orlando, fl | April 11, 2014

I have had my Sorrento for 8000 miles and it has surpassed all my expectations. The ride quality is better than my BMW and costs thousands less!

My Kia

by carvin from South holland , IL | April 7, 2014

Overall I'm pleased with the vehicle. However the placement of the controls on the steering wheel are annoying as when I turn the wheel I sometime hit the mute and or phone button and have to hit again to regain my music.

2nd one in 2 years

by Gotta Get a KIA from Houston, Texas | April 2, 2014

Loved my 2012 KIA Sorento that I traded in. Drives like a sports car with the SUV space. 3rd row seating only used once since purchased so not a problem when I traded in the 2012 for a 2014 without the 3rd row seating. The suspension is better on the 2014, quieter ride, power shade for the panoramic roof. Have all the bells and whistles that I had in my 2012. Love it, love it. Can't wait to see what the 2016 brings to the table.

Best car so far

by Gillegrand from Piedmont, Laurentides, Québec | March 31, 2014

II had a Sorento 2012 for two years , did 70,000 clicks on it, and I was satified, but the confort was only OK, I agree with the first review, it was noisy and the suspension was rocky at times. I'm 6'5" and 230 pds, I was looking for a more confortable car because I'm on the road all the time. After looking with must of the models that I could fit in, I finally bought the 2014 Sorento, what a diffrence, before I had the 4 cyl. FWD, the basic, now I have the V6 AWD with more equipment like the électric driver seat, wich I did'nt have before. Very confortable, much less noisy, the suspension it very quiet and smooth, the acceleration is great and Iove the AWD, I live in the moutains. I would recommand this car any time.

Love my Kia!!

by Jenn from Boston,MA | March 28, 2014

I purchased a 2014 Kia Sorento in Nov '13 and so far I love EVERYTHING about my car. I traded in a 2004 Lexus RX 330 and thought for sure I was going to need to lower my standards. My Kia has more options than my Lexus could have even thought of and rides just as nice. I will say the only thing I have noticed is that my gas mileage has not been as good as advertised. On average I'm getting about 15mpg city and about 18/hwy which is what I had become used to with my Lexus anyway. I have always been kind of a snob when it came to the brand of car I drove, but after searching for new SUVS, I really liked the sleek body style of the Kia and decided to try it out. I have not been disappointed! ** If you are in the market for a Kia and live North of Boston, I HIGHLY recommend York Kia of Medford. I had a great experience there and wouldn't hesitate to buy another car from them in the future.

Compare 2011 to 2014

by Best Car Critic!! from Travel between MI and NC 2-3 times per year. | March 16, 2014

I Leased a 2011 LX FWD V6 with most of the EX options. Cloth interior wasn't bad. Interior looked nice. Missing some bells and whistles I'm used to like auto-head lights, compass, and exterior temp. Exterior looked very good. The drive train was good...smooth and responsive...a little loud (truck-y). The suspension was awful...slam bam!!...loud and very harsh...terrible! Cabin noise was too loud from suspension, road, too many squeaks and rattles. Terrible radio! Horrible in the snow...slip and slide on little snow! I figured I paid about $30 a month too much for it...over three years. The 2014, for only $5 more per month on the same lease terms, I got the EX FWD V6 loaded with leather and all the updates...all the things I didn't like about the 2011 were fixed to meet my high expectations...very satisfied! The suspension is now very good...smooth and quiet! Interior noise level is very satisfying...road, suspension, engine, wind, etc...now quiet. Radio is better but should be much better for a $30K car. Interior is very sharp looking and comfy...leather is awesome (look and feel) and better than the cloth. New engine is very good. Breaks are better. Not a single squeak or rattle! Does much better (grippier) even in deeper snow...felt much safer/confident! MPG could be better. I'd like to see the Sorento grow a little larger...closer to Explorer or Durango size and it would be the perfect size and fit for me. I'm 6'4" 225 and I'd like my seat to go back about 3 more inches. But still pretty much perfect for a practical nice vehicle such as this...holds my stuff for travel and I can throw my XL 29er mountain bike in the back without dropping the seat or taking off any tires...and still have room to fill up on groceries and other stuff. She cruises back and forth between NC and MI and the drive is great...smooth, quiet, and comfy. The 2014 EX V6 is not only a major improvement (got WAY MORE for the money!!) over the 2011 but it's also the best car I have ever owned...this is my 8th lease and I always go for mid-upper trim levels on my cars and SUVs! And being a value driven consumer...it was easily the best deal out there...I shopped everything comparable (imports and domestic) and I'd have to spend far more to get anything even close to this Sorento!! BEST VALUE for a great vehicle! PS. My review for the 2011 was not so generous...

Much better than the 2013

by Alan47 from Topeka, KS | March 16, 2014

Great ride & engine performance, surprisingly good gas mileage, terrific infotainment system (sound system like being in a concert hall). Large GPS display. Very comfortable seats. Blind spot detection both visual and auditory is super. I rate the 2014 KIA Sorrento a BEST BUY in the mid size SUV category.