2015 Kia Sorento

Starting MSRP

Overall

Noisy Engine

by Courier from Ontario, Canada | February 24, 2015

I like my 2015 Sorento but when Accelerating the engine sounds like a hot rod doing down the road and it's so noisy inside the passenger compartment I can't hear the radio. I had it looked, thought it might have been the exhaust but the dealership did not find any problems. I have to keep adjusting the up/down volume on the radio to compensate for the loud engine. I was wondering if anyone else had this same engine noise. Too loud to be comfortable. And, I don't care for the "red" light for the odometer, difficult to read. Good highway gas mileage-36mpg.

Kia Sorento

by Chuck from Virginia | January 12, 2015

This is my second Kia Serento the first was a 2006 it has 1'80'000 miles with just $500.00 in down time.The new Kia looks good ride good and if it last as long as the first i will be a happy person.I would recommend this car to any one that want a car with low cost in repairs.The Kia Sorento is that kind of car.

buyer beware

by christcg from millville, nj | December 29, 2014

Buyer Beware when purchasing used. I purchased my 2010 Kia Rio in June 2014, one month later, the car starting shaking and had no pick-up.  I called and was told that it was a good thing that I was able to get an appointment right away or I could have created more damage.  The repair was the ignition coil and spark plug.  They fixed that one for free.  When asked, they told me that 'it just happens'. About two months after that, it happened again with a second coil... this time I had to pay about $250.   They threw in an oil change for free. About another 2 months after that, it happened again with a third coil.  Again, I had to pay $250... but hey! it was a good thing I got it in on time or it would have been much more money. NOW...Two weeks after that, it happened again with a fourth coil.  They asked me for another $250... well you fooled me once too many times.  I asked, almost begged for help, some kind of assistance or support - throw me a bone but nothing.  When asked why this keeps happening, they said, 'it just happens'. Well, I went home, did a ton of research and after a purchase of high quality spark plugs and a coil, totaling about $35, I repaired the car myself in less than 10 minutes. It's not the fact that the Kia parts are less than sub-standard, and it's not the fact I waited for a total of 6 hours and invested $500 of my hard earned money - it's the point that they took me for a fool.  Did not even try to understand, help or lend advice. Granted, the service guys were friendly, but as far as going the extra mile to keep my business - they didn't.- and maybe their hands were tied and they were not allowed to go the extra mile but World Class service... not here. Oh! they definitely lost at least one customer from this ordeal and two other repeat customers from my family.  Do the math...! I will be removing this nightmare from my garage soon.

Radio Sound System

by Froggy.2008 from Quebec Canada | December 5, 2014

I live in Quebec Canada and during winter the temperature is often below 15 deg C. At this temperature the sound system freezes. Lcd screen is almost black and can't see anything and the speakers sound like a thin can. Besides this I love my Sorento, Great desing, excellent performance, low consomation.

VERY COMFORTABLE AND GREAT PERFORMANCE

by SORENTO from AVENTURA FL | November 30, 2014

T.J HELP US CHOICE THE CORRECT CAR FOR OUR NEEDS AND ALSO HELP US WITH AL THE LEGAL PROCESS TO GET A CAR IN THE US THANKS

1st brand new car

by 60 year old lady from philadelphia | November 28, 2014

I test drove the sorento but failed to realize how high the front seat is. I am 5 ft 4 in and have a hard time getting into the car without sliding across the front seat, my concern is I am 60 yrs old and will I be able to get into this car in 5 years? I'd like to avoid getting side bars (or a step) to so I can get in easier. I am also not happy with the "info" center being located on the speedometer. I like to see my Ave MPG and just don't like the location of the info. Last thing I don't like about the car, I test drove it during the day and failed to realize and the dash board lights are Red and While.............I don't like seeing read on the dashboard, blue is soo much more soothing and red indicates danger to me so I" prefer a different color. I bought the upgraded 6 cyl, with 3rd row seating and I find the car to be very comfortable as a passenger and driver with great pick-up and go. I"m fairly certain I am not getting the 20 mpg city driving, I''m pretty sure it's closer to 15 mpg but the highway of 25 seems about right.

OK

by Crester from Churchville, NY | November 20, 2014

Handles well and acceptable power. Manual appears to be incorrect - states UVO system has jukebox feature - mine does not. Also states headrests can be tilted forward or backward. Mine also does not. Active headrests are uncomfortable no matter how you adjust them.

Most Expensive Kia that I've ever seen.

by SUV Car Driver from Augusta,GA | October 17, 2014

The last back row was seating on the floor. I thought that the back seat would have a little more height. And as for the Price-this is a Kia and the price was not affordable.

Kia Sorento LX AWD

by Butch from Grove City, OH | October 16, 2014

Excellent value for dollars spent. Design of the 2015 model is very stylish. We looked a several different makes and models but the Sorento was our first choice from the beginning.

Car great, UVO not

by Jessie 74 from Dayton, Ohio | August 31, 2014

I bought the 2015 in June . Have had it back to the dealership 6 times to get the UVO Nav. to work as it was designed to. It will not load my POI's or allow me to update or transmit vehicle reports. Dealership replaced original UVO system and still doesn't work. Have tried five different compatible phones, none of them work on this system. Dealership brought in a regional tech specialist, has stumped him so far, but will work on it he said! Truth be known, no one has a clue why this system isn't performing as designed. Hope someone at KIA reads this!