2010 Kia Soul

2010 Kia Soul

Available in 4 styles:  2010 Kia Soul 4dr Hatchback shown

Overall

The best available combination of economy/space

by Jbl from SE PA | March 22, 2014

As an automotive professional I've owned 20-25 cars and driven/worked on hundreds. When my wife and I needed a reliable brand new workhorse we took a chance and bought a new Soul (!) model. This is the first car I've owned that I don't regularly complain about. It does it's job every day. After 65,000 flawless miles over 4 years I'm finally ready to write a confident positive review. Overall our 2010 Kia Soul has been my least regretted purchase in all of the automotive world. We are about to purchase another Kia. Well done.

fun to drive

by Wanted a stick shift small suv/wagon from oregon | December 4, 2013

I knew what i was looking for. a lightly used kia soul stick shift. sticks get better mpg. first long drive i found it moves around a lot at 80 mph but is fine at 70 mph. so knowing cars i put a front spoiler on it and solved my problems. i made it from rubber so it wont break and was like 20.00 bucks..i also have the base model. only bad thing is no arm rest. you can buy them..

It's a great starter car

by Cmark from Omaha, NE | November 28, 2013

This was my first car buying on my own. I'll have it for 2 years now and overall its been great to me. I mainly bought it for the improved gas mileage, but it wasn't what I expected. It was on the low end of the estimated mileage, barely. I would drive 100 miles a day to go to school and I almost never got 30 mpg on the highway. That was driving under 60 because anything higher than 55 I used about 23 mpg. My old car had better mpg but it wasn't reliable. I don't drive 100 miles to class now so I'm not too bitter about it anymore. I would not recommend getting this car for the prospect of better mileage: not this model year. I hear other years are better. The suspension is that great either. It is a rough ride on normal roads for the most part. I also had to replace the amp and the store said they were always running out, so I assume it was a common problem. I did use it on the high side every once in a while, but it was unexpected and I was always couscous after. The price is good and it is a very youthful car. One problem was that I always saw older people driving Souls more than young people. Nothing has bothered me more in my life than seeing a Soul with a handicap pass on it. Seriously, its unavoidable and constant. My next car will be less 'youthful' because of this.

Soul 2.5 yrs later

by nminiSUV from | February 14, 2013

Enjoyed the car (have parked the SUV) as a low cost mileage vehicle. So far (35,000 miles) the vehicle has performed as intended. Cons: Bluetooth sketchy, works with some items and not with others. Gas mileage: 24-27mpg driving very conservatively 2L ALL the plastic scratches easily!!! Inside and outside.

Recently Purchased

by Bargain Shopper from Wichita, KS | December 19, 2012

I recently purchased a 2010 KIA Soul+ Sport Automatic. It has a very sleek style(The + comes with extra speaker and lights around the speakers in front). The way everything is set up both inside and under the hood give it an A for easy access to tinker with things. The quality of the materials used is not very high, but as long as the owner Drives the vehicle like the "Wagon" category it falls under, and not an SUV, they should be fine. Its basically a KIA Car with a bigger body, hence giving it that high rollover rate (mind you, that advisory is on the drivers side sun visor). The performance is nothing to write home about, but with it being an Inline 4 cyl, it has a nice bit of HP and gets fantastic gas mileage. Sometimes it seems like the Transmission has a delay in shifting, but then again I have always owned older cars, might be normal for newer cars. The comfort is average, seats are a bit stiff. I would not want to make a 10 hour road trip in my car, but for the 3-4 hour road trips, it is perfect. Very Roomy for both Tall and shorter people, and for shorter people, the seat adjuster on the side gives a nice rise to see out. There is also a fantastic Cargo holder in the back underneath the fabric, so a lot of room for hauling. Overall, a good car for the bargain so far...

2013 Kia SOUL really hits the mark

by Sooooooul! from Newport Beach, Calif. | September 18, 2012

It looks great, is inexpensive (but doesn't feel cheap!), gets great mileage, roomy, is loaded with standard stuff especially in the "Exclaim" version, is really fun to drive...and yes...it does stand out in a crowd of other boring vanilla Corollas, Hondas, Fords, etc. I've had it for 2 months now, bought it new and got a terrific price. The quality is top notch, it has a 5 star crash RATING, high initial owner satisfaction, well made and solid. And the Infinity 8 speaker stereo with UVO Microsoft voice activated systems is icing on the cake! Plus the 100,000 mile warranty is the security I need as a single mom!

Love this car!

by Jewls Soul from Wittman, MD | July 30, 2012

I haven't had my car long, but I love it totally! Great car, great gas mileage, awesome price, and the Kia company is so helpful and goes out of their way to keep things right! Not one complaint at all. Recommended this car to a friend, and she purchased one also!

FUN, SPORTY, RELIABLE, FUN

by 2010 SOUL OWNER from Philadelphia, Pa | July 23, 2012

Enjoying driving again. Love to open the sun roof and just let the air flow, hardly ever use the air. Just the right height, seats are very comfortable and allow you to bring your legs into a very comfortable sitting position. And lots of room under break pedal to stretch out. Has been great for my legs and hips on long trips. Great on gas and carries five adults very comfortable.//ch

Great little car

by Daddy Warbucks from Virginia | June 4, 2012

Great car...good looks...roomy. Only negative is it could use better suspension for handling bumps. Love it overall!

nice reliable fun car to drive

by car fanatic from mlps. mn. | April 18, 2012

nice ride and looks sharp. sound system awesome. good gas mileage.would recommend car to any that enjoys showing off.