2012 Kia Soul

Available in 3 styles:  2012 Kia Soul 4dr Hatchback shown

Overall

In love!!!!

by Happy Mom from Florida | May 8, 2014

I NEVER...EVER....thought I was going to enjoy having a small car. I got the Exclaim model and it is so much fun!!!! The interior is so pretty and functional. My kids simply love it too. I simply cannot express how happy I am with the ride and everything about it even though I don't think the exterior is that appealing, but it is growing on me each day. Very very satisfied!!!!

MPG is not so bad

by owner from TN | April 4, 2014

I'm not sure why everyone is ragging on the Soul's MPG I purchased one in Feb 2012 and have been pretty happy with the rating upto the current 52,000 miles i've got on it. highway driving on light rolling and flatish land gets up to 41mpg (unless that dash meter is wrong) at 55mph kicking it up to about 75 mph on interstate driving (TN to IN 320 miles) through hills curves deer infested forest etc. still just have to tank up once and it averages 33-36 ish less if there is wind shear or xwind... all in all not bad for a box. City driving is rather sparse at mid 20s due to stop and go. Ps Active Eco is useful for those that are already light foot drivers. Take off active eco, and drive with a lead foot it will TANK the mpg... I'd say start off trips 2 minutes earlier and relax while driving it will save you a fortune.

Such a great find !

by Laurie in Georgia from Waleska, GA | February 11, 2014

I have been driving Sebring convertibles for the last 10 years or so, the most recent of which is a hardtop convertible. Because Chrysler isn't making those any more I want a little car I could put lots of miles on and save the convertible for summers. The Kia Soul turns out to be alot more than I hoped for. Drives smoothly, great sound system and love, love the backup camera. It's a head turner, too. People go out of their way to tell me how good looking it is (mine is black & looks sharp). And the speaker lights which change colors fascinate my grandsons. A great find, even for a baby boomer like me.

a BIG step up from my PT Cruiser!

by south jersey soul chick from southern NJ | January 4, 2014

I used to drive a 2006 PT Cruiser with a turbo engine. I was at the gas station every 3-4 days. not anymore!! i purchased a used 2012 Soul + with about 8,000 miles on it (it's practically brand new!). didnt come with a lot of extras, but that's okay, i can put them in myself. the engine is super quiet compared to the rumbling i had with my Crusier. the steering wheel turns smooth and it is responsive to the road. i love my soul!!

no shuffle just squeek

by Every day I'm squeeking from Greenville NC | December 6, 2013

I bought a 2012 Kia Soul brand new 18 months ago and I loved it, braged on it, and even help sell 2 of them. I didn't have a fit over the false gas milage sticker. I went along with the program. Now I have a squeek when I back up! I took it to the dealer and they said it is NORMAL!!! well it has not squeeked for 18 months... please explain how in the world this could be normal... If you buy a Kia Soul enjoy the shuffle while you can because the squeek "is normal" so it will find you sooner or later.

Toyota all the way

by Almondjoy from Farmington, mo | November 16, 2013

Was a 1989 delux p/u. I put 208000 miles on it replaced brakes fuel filter and oil and filter. Never once had a minutes worth of trouble and got a fabulous trade in allowance when I bought another Toyota p/u

Look for a gas rebait

by Loraine from Ca, | October 25, 2013

Sammy ,the so called sales person at Kia of irvine Told me the 2012 kia soul that he sold me would get 30/35 mpg No. No. No. No. No Sammy. It gets 19/22mpg , kia will tell you whatever just to get a sale. Sham on you kia Never would have got it if they told me the Truth Thanks Sammy of irvine

Exactly the car we wanted

by Philly folks from Philadelphia, PA | June 26, 2013

Fell in love with this car the first time I saw it on the street. Did the research, decided we wanted the 2012 in Alien green, and went looking for it at all the Kia dealers. Found the exact car, the mileage was low, the price was right, so we bought it. A month later we are loving it. It's a relatively quiet, comfortable ride, handles beautifully and is just so COOL!

Best car I've owned

by r_alicia from Boise, ID | May 30, 2013

I just recently bout the 2012 Kia Soul in white and I absolutely love it! After I bought it I took it on a two hour trip up north and put the back seats down for our three larger dogs and they had plenty of room still. The MPG is amazing as well. I'm currently averaging 35 mpg and I drive it mostly around in the city.The highest I've averaged is 40 mpg. The car rides smooth and is fun to drive on curvy roads. My favority thing about this car is the gas mileage, exterior/interior look and the overall safety rating of this car. I would definitely purchase another Soul.

so far one of the best cars i hava owned.

by thinker bell from Glen Ellyn ILI | May 22, 2013

This car is worth the money it's very comfortable and has a great sound system I truly recommend thios car .