We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2014 Kia Soul

2014 Kia Soul
Available in 3 styles:  2014 Kia Soul 4dr Hatchback shown

Overall

not a good weather car when it comes to snow

by dj from St. Paul,minnesota | January 9, 2016

I purchased 2014 kia soul manual transmission i live in minnesota and this auto is worthless when it snows here,I put a new of snow tires on this auto to see if it would make a difference and it did not, the auto is so light that there is not enough weight so the tires do not grab and if you are going to make a turn it wants to slide all over the road,out of all the autos I have owned this is the worst one i have ever had for weather driving and would not recommend anyone to buy this auto if you live in a state that gets snow.

Saddened by Kia Soul

by Rs from Chicago, IL | December 3, 2015

I decided to stick with the Kia Soul when my first Kia Soul (2011) lease was up and leased the 2014 model. The 2014 Soul has been a huge disappointment. I was rear-ended and even though the back looked as though it had not been messed up very much, there were $7000 worth of damages to the undercarriage. Recently, I have also found out that my car did not come with a spare tire. I did look in the place where there was a place for a spare tire and even called the auto body shop who had fixed my car after the wreck. I thought they had forgotten to put it back in! The auto mechanic there called Kia with my VIN to cross-check the spare tire number and they informed him they had not included spare tires in the 2014 model! They believed the "mobility kit," which included an air pump and a can of Fix a Flat, would suffice. Nope. It sure doesn't Kia.

Kia Soul, Sell itself , It great car, I love it!

by MMMSI1 from Wayne, Michigan | October 29, 2015

My 2014 Lime Color Kia Soul, Sell itself each time to everyone that has seen it. First thing they say is: Wow, I love that color, and its so roomy for its size, It got a lot of get up and go..and easy to park in, Very well built car, and I, feel very safe in it. When you shut the doors,, It sounds solid, A lot of space in back for grocery. Great in both city and highway, as I fill up every 2-3 weeks, which is nice.

Spare Correction

by Little Sam from Missouri | October 19, 2015

I've had a 2013 Kia Soul for about 18 mos now and really like it for the most part. I noticed several other reviewers complaining about no spare tire and am wondering if they have the extra cargo compartment under the cargo mat and don't realize that it comes out to reveal the spare tire area? Our car came with a spare tire so can't imagine why several of the reviewers think one isn't available.

Very nice with some suggestions

by Kia Soul Advisor from Minneapolis, MN | August 23, 2015

We bought the base 2014 Soul. I couldn't tell a great difference in the plus model's extra horsepower. The base has everything the plus model has except the stronger engine and 1 more inch larger tires. For that you'll spend about $12-$1300.00 more. Drove it through a Minnesota winter and it did quite well getting around in the snow. Something about the Soul's balance or stance made it do pretty good in winter driving. One thing I wasn't happy with was Kia's color choices. The colors are pretty bland and you can't get red in the base model.

for a low-priced car, it seems good thus far

by H.Tailor from Dallas, TX | August 16, 2015

Kias have been known as throw-away cars, but they have improved in quality and reliability. I carry large items but I expect occasional use so I wanted to spend as little as possible. So we bought as new a 2014 Soul + that the dealership was using as a demo. The bumpers seem like a flimsy plastic, and the backing of the back seats seems thin and potentially easy to scratch. Some cover is needed on it. But inside the needed amenities exist. Unfortunately the important rear camera is an option packaged with unnecessary items, so it's hard to pay for this important safety item. (One can be installed separately.) My car is automatic, but the speeds sometimes don't change easily. Unclear if this is a know feature or a problem with this specific car. The printed documentation is thin, so there are items whose function I don't know. But overall, it's a good option for those who want a bare-bones these days.

Great car...great safety

by Scott K from Dallas, TX, United States | July 31, 2015

We researched the purchase of the 2014 Kia Soul extensively and have not been disappointed. There are a lot of posts about the car and I'll not add to that, but one area that hasn't been discussed is the safety of the vehicle in a crash. My wife and I received a call from my daughter at 5:15 AM. She had been driving to a summer job and a guy ran a red light and broadsided her Kia. She said she and her friend were OK and we rushed to the scene. To our surprise there was nothing left of the front of the car with the exception of the engine block. The side impact had literally destroyed the front of the car forward of the passenger cabin. It was amazing that there were no injuries and upon further inspection it was clear why. There were approximately 10 airbags that were deployed during the crash..both high and low. To my surprise there were lower side airbags protecting hip and legs. Safety rating is something I would definitely consider above styling and features but the Soul has both so it's a win-win.

Needed to replace the tires after 18 months $750!!

by Frustrated by quality of product from Lakeville, MN | June 14, 2015

I've been driving my Kia for 18 months and I'm very disappointed by the quality of the product. They definitely cut back on things to bring the price down. I like the look but I can already tell that it will not last long. I already had to replace all 4 tires because they were completely bald, no spare tire, interior light broke after 8 months, and their is no sound insulation...when you have the radio on and drive up in a parking lot, everyone thinks you have the radio on full blast because they can hear inside your car as plain as day. I will NOT be buying another Kia...ever!

Kia Soul 2013

by Admiral from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia | May 30, 2015

It is like KIA said what vehicle would Jim, like to drive when he retires from business. The Kia Soul had a subliminal message. We made this for you & they were right. I have even named mine. I call her Vicky & take a lot of gallery comments from my wife & daughter. After driving GMC Sonomas & a Jimmy for 15 years I am enjoying the better gas mileage & having a vehicle I don't have to trash with commercial cleaning equipment. I will probably buy 1 more vehicle in my lifetime. It will be either a new Soul or a Cooper Estate wagon.

Do Not Buy if you Park Outside Year Round!

by 2014KIADriver from Mercer, PA | May 3, 2015

I bought my 2014 Soul in August of 2014. Have driven it roughly 12k miles since. Gas mileage has been great and it got me through a rather nasty winter in northeast PA with no issues even though it isn't AWD. Handles well in all weather conditions and offers a very comfortable ride. Have taken it on two long road trips south to Atlanta and Myrtle Beach and enjoyed well over 33mpg on the highway with it using the Eco drive. Storage room is adequate and I've been able to put the seats down and move some furniture when necessary and it carries my bike rack and two bikes on the back no problem. One issue is that the trunk space is not wide enough to accommodate a set of golf clubs, which is a big drawback for me. If we head out to play golf I normally have to drop one of the back seats down to fit the clubs in. The other major drawback to this vehicle is it is made with very cheap parts on the exterior and exterior. I bought my KIA because family friends have owned 3 and have not had any problems with them, but they park inside year round. We do not have a garage and despite using a cover in the winter and summer when it is parked for awhile, the car is showing signs of wear and fading that should not be happening this fast in a brand new car. The back bumper looks awful and is badly faded to where it looks like it is grey instead of black. I've had to buy some touch up color restoration gel just to get it remotely close to what it used to look like. Also the interior dash is fading very quickly and even has a part of it cracking near the shift stick. Very very disappointing to see that this is how a brand new car is less than a year into driving it. A really bad rattle developed in the dash as well and the dealership can't seem to figure it out, something is just loose with the way the dash was built. Car also has a lot of road noise issues. While this is a solid little car, albeit a bit overpriced for how cheaply it is built, I just cannot suggest this to anyone who does not have a garage and has to park outside year round or outside in bad weather conditions. We are already looking to trade it in, but have found another problem, the value on KIAs plummets the moment you drive them off the lot and the Soul isn't worth a fraction of what you paid for it even relatively new. Learned a lesson on this one and will probably not buy another KIA just for that fact alone. They make good cars, but their reputation in the eyes of resale value is not good so you will get screwed on a trade in.