2002 Kia Spectra

24 city / 32 hwy

Overall

Miss it so much!

by MissmyKia from Grand Rapids, MI | March 31, 2014

I had a 2002 Kia Spectra for my first car when I was 16 years old, I loved it so much. and it was a manual. 5 months ago someone hit me and totaled my kia completely, im getting a 2004 kia spectra, but sadly its an automatic. Id do anything to get that old kia back! Great mpg, I took it everywhere!

good value

by family man from Mission Viejo, CA. | November 2, 2011

I bought a 2002 kia spectra 5 speed with 94,000 miles on it. My wife crashed my saturn so I needed a car fast. She can't drive a manual transmission so I got the 5 speed. I was not expecting a lot, but I got way more than I thought. I am getting over 35 miles per gallon on the freeway and more than 25 in the city. The car has some glitches but I only paid $3,200 for it. I would buy one again in a heartbeat. I was looking for a four door car that would hold my family. I have a 2001 Hyundai that I have put over 260,000 miles on without any major problems, that is why I got the Kia. The only thing I wish it had that it does not have is cruise control. If this car had cruise control, it would be the best car I have ever owned. And I have owned over 10 cars in my time.

Best inexpensive vehicle I've owned

by Spectra driver from Louisville KY | July 23, 2011

I got my 2002 Spectra used when it was 2 years old and wasn't sure if it would be a good car for me. It gets great fuel mileage and otherwise inexpensive to operate and keep. Most parts I have needed that are unique to the Spectra I have gotten from salvage yards to avoid the high dealer cost. It has 130,000 miles on it and it just got suspension and steering overhaul along with new tires and it took me to and from Florida as if it was new. For a small car it can haul quite a lot with the seats folded down in the back. I will have to say nearly 10 years old and I like the car and hate to get rid of it.

Nice car for little money

by car driver from Wisconsin | August 18, 2010

Have owned several Kia Spectras. Have always had good luck. Great low priced transportation. Have nothing bad to say about the Spectra.

Good Car

by kevbo from Dallas, TX | January 4, 2010

This is a good vehivcle, but the only problem is that 90% of the parts have to be purchased from the dealer.

Great Car! Very Reliable.

by Love My Kia from Florida | April 4, 2007

I bought my Kia Spectra in 2002. I must say that it is very reliable. I have not had any major problems. The only problem I have is that I've had to replace the breaks, but you will do that with any car at some point in time. I believe it is worth the money spent. It's a great car.

Not the best car made

by Aspiring Mustang Driver from Colorado | January 7, 2007

I have run into numerous problems with this vehicle. The starter went out and we had to replace the clutch. It makes funky noises sometimes also.

Solid, afforable, reliable transportation

by Cinde E from Columbia, SC | December 22, 2006

I love my Kia - She is affordable to buy and run, is completely reliable, and really gets up to speed quickly on the freeway. The mileage is good and she doesn't cost the earth to insure. A nice steady, reliable mode of transporation! The back seats fold down and I can haul/pack quite a bit of stuff! I really reccommend the 5-speed - beautifully geared and very zippy!

good pic for a cheap value

by TYCOON from OHIO | May 31, 2006

I have had it for 2 yrs now and it's been fine up till now. It has a good engine power and ok outside exteriors. This is a good pick for a cheap value.

Featured Services for this Kia Spectra