2003 Kia Spectra

24 city / 32 hwy

Overall

Best. Car. Ever.

by God Others Self from Muskegon, MI | July 1, 2014

I bought a 2003 Kia Spectra back in 2008 - I have driven this car all over the country. Considering it's an 11 year old car with over 100,000 miles...I cannot believe how reliable it has been over the years. I love this car. Nothing on it breaks, I haven't had to sink a bunch of money into it, it's a solid, dependable car. I highly recommend it!

Safe, Economical & Reliable

by Concerned Dad from Atchison, KS | August 13, 2013

I was looking for an affordable, fuel efficient, reliable and safe vehicle for my daughter to drive a 120 mile roundtrip commute each day. this vehicle fit the bill perfectly.

KIA SPECTRA

by anat from W2OODBRIDGE NJ | February 21, 2012

I HAVE HAD VARIOUS CARS IN MY LIFE,, INCLUDING A HONDA ACCORD AND NOT ONE OF THOSE CARS CAN STAND NEXT TO MY KIA SPECTRA...I HAVE HAD THIS CAR FOR 9 YEARS AND PUT ON BRAKES TWICE AND 2 FULL TUNE UPS, CHANGESD TIRES 2X AND NECESSARY OIL CHANGES AS THE YEARS GO BY DUE TO I ONLY USE MY CAR FOR SHORT DISTANCES, UNTIL RECENTLY WHEN MY DAUGHTER RELOCATED TO MILFORD NJ AND IS AN HOUR AWAY, I HAVE MADE ALL BUT 3 TRIPS TO HER HOUSE AND NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER. THIS IS THE ONLY CAR I HAVE HAD THAT I FEEL COMFORTABLE IN AND MIND YOU I HAVE NO POWER NOTHING, MY HONDA'S WINDOW MECHANISM BROKE DOWN AND I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULD NEVER BY A CAR WITH ELECTRONIC WINDOWS OR NOTHING THAT WILL BREAK DOWN AND COST ME MONEY TO REPLACE...SO I SETTLED FOR MY KIA, NEVER LOOKED BACK AND SO GLAD I DID THIS..AT THIS MOMENT IT HAS ONLY 61,200 MILES ON IT AND JUST REPLACE THE BRAKE FLUID PUMP..I KNOW I CAN STILL GET A FEW DOLLARS FOR MY CAR, HAPPY STILL...

Korean cars 4 ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Stuart from Bartlett, Texas | July 23, 2011

I purchased a red 2003 Kia Spectra to replace my 1989 Peugeot station wagon. The car had 69,000 miles and a stick shift. This car was the best car I have owned. When the odometer read 82,875 miles, I had to replace the fan belt. Thank God it was part of the warranty. I traded it in when the odometer read 121,953 for a 2005 Suzuki Reno (Daewoo Lacetti)

Great car

by Train guy in MN from Foley, MN | April 5, 2011

We went from an Impala to a Spectra and are pleasantly suprised. It is a basic car, manual windows and locks, but a very reliable and confortable to ride in. Would not hesitate to go any distance in our car

nice cars

by mike from mi | July 26, 2010

"I absolutely LOVE this car! I've had it a little over a year now, and it's never given me any problems

Pretty "meh"

by Diskothek from MA | March 17, 2009

I currently (but not for much longer) own a very stripped down 2003 Spectra with 47k miles (bought with 36k). Crank windows, basically power-nothing. Anyone looking to get from point A to point B this is actually a decent car. I, however, need cargo space which is something this car doesn't have much of. MPG is something you won't beat with most other cars which is a definite plus for commuters. I only needed to bring it to the shop once due to a leak in a brake line and new pads, which was somehow overlooked by the dealer who sold it to me, luckily it was still under warranty and I paid nothing. After that was taken care of the brakes were fine. All in all, this isn't such a bad car. Good for getting from one place to another with no fuss. But if you want any nice features, acceleration, cargo space, speed, or sportiness then shop for another brand.

For the price... it's good enought for me

by pronick2k from Montreal, Canada | January 23, 2009

I bought the LS Sedan brand new in 2003. The car is now 100 000KM (60 000 miles). I've had some problems finding parts for that car and when I find it's very expensive compared to a GM. I'm in Canada and the weather is becomes very cold about 3 months a year. This car is very bad in snow and the heat is starting to blow when your ride exeed 30 minutes. Start the vehicule early before going to work if you want your windshield to be clear! Also in cold weather, you'll change 3-4 lights a year! Lets talk mecanic. I'm doing my own repairs at home. When you've removed every plastic panels everywhere (and putted them to the garbage), repairs are very easy. In five years, I've changed only a few bushings, link kit, battery, alternator and spark plugs. And the vehicule still very reliable. I'm not scared to ride 2-3000 miles from home with that car. I'm towing with that car and it's very stron! I've already had a 4X8 trailer full of heating wood and the car did it! Interior is very sad, when you'll drive with an other adult in passenger seat, you'll realise there is not a lot of place. Rear seat... for 2 childrens under 12 years old... The trunk is ok... there is a lot of room. For me, performance means a car that can do almost everything you'll ask him to do. And the Kia Spectra reach my standards. I don't care of the 0-60 etc. If you need a good reliable car, buy a spectra. If you want a car for speeding, try something else.

Great Value Car

by Kia owner from | November 4, 2008

This car is an excellent value, not very big on features (no power windows, locks, etc.), but has been very reliable for me, no major problems at all. Rides smooth, but maybe a bit on the louder side. Plus I think the styling looks great inside and out. All in all, I'm pleased with this car.

Car with good performance - but falls into pieces

by Kia Spectra 2003 owner from Miami, FL | October 16, 2008

Kia spectra 2003 has good driving performance: excellent turning radius, smooth ride. The trunk is also very roomy with the tilt seats and wide opening between the rear wheels. Since the rear windows lifts entirely up, it does not restrict access to the trunk. However, nearly all plastic parts have fallen into pieces in a few years. Also power steering has made noise almost from the beginning and Kia dealer has not been able to fix it.

Featured Services for this Kia Spectra