2007 Kia Spectra

27 city / 33 hwy

Overall

Great Car!

by JJCASE from Louisville, KY | May 19, 2013

I have had the car for 6 years now with ZERO problems. Everything works great. My only complaint is that the brakes feel a bit spongy. They've felt that way since I bought it. Other than that, ... I will be a KIA customer for life!

great little car, dependable.

by econo car from 85308 | September 30, 2011

Great little car, saves gas, dependable. Kia service is great also. love this car. Nice sporty look.

LOVING MY KIA SPECTRA!!

by Amor777 from LA | May 4, 2011

I have had my Blue 2007 Kia Spectra EX for about 3 1/2 months now, and I'm loving every bit of it!! This is my first official car and I'm proud to say that I own a Kia. The styling is clean inside and out. The ride is smooth and this car wants to go fast! Even my boyfriend who has an Audi A4 says he’s impressed with this little car’s power and the ice cold a/c. Also his 6'2” frame fits comfortably in my car. Plenty of leg room front and back. Also the trunk fits both my acoustic guitar and bass case with ease, and I have room leftover. Everyone that I show my car to is impressed with the styling and the gas mileage. I only have to fill up every two weeks, and I drive everyday on the freeway. Also my iPod hooks straight into the AUX output, which sounds amazing. Overall, best car for the money, because you can get more car than with any other models out there.

no warranty

by no air from middle tennessee | July 22, 2010

the heat and air motor has a short in the wiring harness that the dealer knows about the dealer said they have had a lot of trouble with this wiring harness it keeps shorting out and there 100.000 mile 10 year warranty does not cover this design flaw. if you want to have heat or air in the vehicle you will have to pay $800.00 to get it repaired. i think this makes there warranty a bunch of MALARKEY!

Just what I wanted

by First Time Car Owner from Elizabeth,NJ | July 22, 2010

I was new to the car buying experience. I am happy with my Kia it performs well and is very economical.

Not really impressed

by 07 Spectra Owner from SW PA | February 1, 2010

We purchased our Spectra new in the fall of 07. Our first problem was with the power door locks. If you used the keyring remote un-lock button, the locks would un-lock then re-lock by themselves. We took the car to the dealer. They "fixed" it....for about 9 months. This past December it started playing the lock/un-lock game again. We also noticed a "gurggling" sound while driving the car and the speedometer was off 5MPH (it reads 5MPH too fast). Once again we took it to the dealer. Again, I sat there for about four hours. They "fixed" the door locks again, "fixed" the gurggling sound and were checking withthe factory about the speedometer. I was told I would get a call back about the speedometer...three months later I still have not heard from them. Now, the car still gurggles, the door locks are acting up again..and the transmission isn't shifting correctly. The car has 36,000 miles on it. I understand these are "disposable" cars but 36,000 miles? Really? So I call another dealer. He looks up the car repair history from the other dealership while I tell him of the previous "repairs". He said the other dealer probably didn't repalce all of the parts for the door locks...the actuator and something else. That they probably just replaced one part of the other, not both. He then saw they replaced the coolant reservoir, he didn't know why they did that. He said the way to fix the gurggling was to raise the front of the car 2-3 feet and let it run to get the air out of the system. I inquired about the speedometer, he came off with this gem: "5-9MPH difference is acceptable". Wrong answer. Maybe to you but not to me. Not on a 2 1/2 year old car with 36,000 miles on it. I could see if it was a 1980 Pinto or something. He really didn't have a answer to the transmission other than "it's due for service" in other words, we are brushing it off. Our car goes in on thursday 2-4-10. We'll see what happens. A couple other small things: 1. the chrome plating on the drivers door interior handle is flaking. Not really a big deal except where it is located has the potential to slice your hand. 2. The arm rest on the drivers door is cracked where the grab hanlde/cut out is. Over all we are not impressed with this vehicle or the dealership in Erie PA. The car has 36,000 miles on it, not 236,000.

Great for the money

by HondaAficionado from Massachusetts | June 16, 2009

My first car was a 2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe. I was in love with the car. My circle of friends are all Honda lovers... thus, I am too. My parents are FORD fanboys. So why do I now own a Kia Spectra EX (2007 model)? I was looking for a used car - something that could get me from A to B... something that was economical / fuel efficient. I was skeptical at first, but as soon as I sat in it - I felt it was comfortable, roomy, and was not an eye sore at the slightest. My Civic EX had everything I wanted in a car, but something I've found with the 2007 Spectra was its handling/steering and acceleration. With 138HP and 2.0l engine... I feel the Kia definitely handles well - with tight steering and solid acc. My Civic's steering was loose and acceleration was not as impressive. Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE the VTEC concept of Honda, but I'd be going 65mph on Massachusetts turnpike (which is SLOW compared to passing cars) in the right lane trying to speed up a bit and shift into the center lane... and I would have to floor that pedal just to move my baby (may she RIP)... I don't have that problem at all with the Spectra. Purchased the Spectra w/ 31k miles on it and I am fully satisfied. You definitely get what you pay for. It is a basic, but solid vehicle in my opinion. Like any car - as long as you keep it in check with routine fluid top offs and you don't 'try' to blow your engine by maintaining TOP speeds on the highways... the Kia Spectra will definitely hold its own value. Being a skeptic, I would say the Kia is not 'cheap' because of the materials used.. it's cheap and economical b/c it's a base. It's not a luxury vehicle that'll entice you to race on the highway. It's a great vehicle for any student (I'm a grad student on a grad student salary mind you)... or great for a family. The Kia handles turns well, too. Pull off the gas and halfway into the turn tap the pedal again and you're solid. The ride is smooth - great suspension and handles bumps reasonably well. The engine purrs at lower speeds - when you reach 70mph+, the engine is noisier, but not defeaning. The honda civic's engine / interior noise control was worse... Overall, I would definitely recommend the 2007 Model Spectra EX to anyone looking for a good car at a great price. Especially in these troubling economic times!

Great Car

by Lovesit from Seattle, WA | May 17, 2009

My husband and I bought this car because we needed sufficent space and safety for our child and us without breaking the bank. We picked out our new KIA and got a great deal on it at the time. We've had it two years now and the only time something came up was we noticed right away the air conditioning wasnt working properly (it was august) We took it back in and had it looked at for free and got it fixed same day. No problems since. Great car especially for the money. We looked at Toyotas and Chevys offering the same darn car for $5000 more. The only thing I notice between our car and our friends cars is that the KIA tends to be a little bland on the inside but again with the money saved its so worth it. I'm glad we chose this car and we probably would get a KIA again.

2007 kia

by Driver man from Prescott AZ. | April 14, 2009

This car has been very reliable,no mechaniclal problems in over 70,000 miles driven.It has ample horsepower for this size of engine.Gas milage is great i get between 35to40 mpg depending on conditions.At first i was skeptical about getting a KIA but now im happy with my choice.

Piece of Junk!!

by cheesehead37 from Eau Claire, WI | December 15, 2008

I would not wish this car on anyone. I brought the car home and within 3 days had it in the shop to fix paint chips that had already rusted under the window gasket. I bought the car new in July 2007 and drove it for approx 4 mos before storing it for the winter. As of today there is only 7400 miles on this car. I've had to have the back window replaced 2 times, the body control module replaced, paint and body work where someone from the factory really was having a bad day, the driver side mirror replaced and, now, tomorrow will be taking it in to the shop yet again because the heater fan is slowing and speeding up with acceleration and deceleration, which leads me and others to believe it's a problem with the alternator. There are other problems, but I think this gives a pretty good picture to prospective car buyers.

Featured Services for this Kia Spectra