2008 Kia Spectra

2008 Kia Spectra

Available in 3 styles:  2008 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan shown

23 city / 30 hwy

Overall

More dependable than a Honda by far

by jon from Henrietta, Tx | April 1, 2014

We own a 2006 Kia Spectra. Bought new. Nothing has gone wrong with it. We've only had to change oil and fluids. The clutch still works beautifully. It currently has 270,000 miles and gaining because of highway trips. It still runs like a brand new car. The downside is the cd player stopped working. And I will agree with the comfort of the seats. They could pose a problem with the lower back region. Personally, I use a pillow. I highly recommend this car for its value and overall dependability and options.

not so comfy beware lower back pain!!!

by would buy again...but!!! from Troy ,ny | March 20, 2014

I have had my kia spectra 2008 new and found it to be very reliable. HOWEVER, I have found the seats very hard on my lower back. The seats are TOO firm, and the edges of the front seats bulge out towards the front of the car, leaving little room for your actual back to make contact with the seat back, resulting in a void down by the lower back. The seat is also tipped at an weird angle, so there is no support behind your lower back, and your shoulder blades are pushed forward. RESULT: back pain, esp on long trips!!! The gas mileage is not too good, esp for such a small car. I get 24 mpg overall, and barely 30 (28-29) on the highway. I purchased this car new, it was only $1,000 less than a civic, My back hurt so much I went to trade it in after 4 months, but could not since the resale value on the car SUCKED! They wanted to give me $8,000-9,000 on a trade for a car that cost me $17,000 only 4 months before! The good news: the car has been very reliable. I have replaced the radiator, the battery, and the front struts, and 1 O2 sensor. That has been all , and I have just under 167,000 miles on the car. So to recap: Dependable car, unimpressive gas mileage, uncomfy seat esp on long trips, bad trade in value.

My 4th Kia and still buying them

by Ollld Dave from RI | June 30, 2011

This is my fourth Kia. They are a very good little cars and are very dependable. Just change the oil and go. I can't find anything about the car that I don't like. For the money, it is a great value. I will keep buying them.

Great value!

by NickelD24 from Cedar Rapids, IA | May 24, 2011

I bought the car with 12k miles so it still had the bumper-to-bumper. It's been great! Better mpg than rated - 33-36mpg. Fun to drive! Quiet, comfortable and zippy!

Kia Spectra has been good for me

by Jay from Phoenix, AZ | September 11, 2010

I have been pleasantly surprised over the past two years with the Spectra’s very good performance. Family and friends have never complained about Spectra, whether we are on long or short trip.

Nice but

by itsme from California | April 21, 2010

I bought my Spectra 2.5 months ago and put approx. 4k miles on it - on highways, interstates and while commuting. I wanted to pay cash so I looked for the best bang for the buck. Unfortunately some things you only see and feel if you spend lot's of time in your car... Lets start with the good things about the spectra: So far I had no electrical or mechanical problems with the car. Gas mileage is 30 Highway and 25-27 City - which is not too bad. The interior looks and feels descent and not dated, all buttons are good to reach. And of course: the price looks not too bad in the first place. Now to the not so good things and the list will be a little longer :-/ 1. No antilock braking system! A no-go in areas with snow or a lot of rain. For me here in CA it's ok. (insurance rate is higher!) 2. Seats: ok for commuting but for long runs - beware! They feel much to firm, causing pane after a while (and I am only 30). Also: People taller than 6.0 should go with another car if they like to sit a little more away from the steering wheel. 3. Noise: the engine is pretty loud while accelerating and so is the wind noise when driving > 60-65 miles 4. Buckle up alert: it starts as soon as you turn the key if you are not buckled up - so before(!) you actually start the car or start driving. It's a pain! 5. No Compass or temperature display in the car - thought i wouldn't miss it - but I do a lot! 6. No cruise control My overall impression: if you want a car for short commutes - i can recommend the spectra. If you need a car for long (highway) rides: stay away! Andre PS: Sorry for my English, I am European ;-)

Great bang for the buck

by MKPD from Long Island | February 22, 2010

Needed a car for my son. This car provided safety features found in much more expensive vehicles. The body style is contemporary, the inside is neat, useful and stylish for the price. Decent though not too quick acceleration, which is a good thing for a teen. Gas mileage is pretty good as well for commuting to college. MP3 aux. jack and CD/MP3 player is a plus for young drivers. Last thing is the mostly transferable warranty. Would definitely recommend

Car for my daughter

by Rex from Clayton | September 25, 2009

Bought the car for my daughter. She loves it. Great on gas, appears to be very safe and a good car for the money. Not a sports car by any means.

Good car for the price

by Visitor from | May 6, 2009

I have rented and driven this car for almost two months. My experience was very positive. Considering the price of the car you get pretty much everything you get from more favourite brands. I had 27mpg in the city. I think the performance was very good as well. I had two long trips and although it is a small car the trips were very comfortable. This is a smart buyers car with good price, good performance and good reliability.

Can't beat the value here!

by Mechanic Scott from Charlotte, NC | January 7, 2009

Kia's quality is now close to Honda and Toyota. It's like buying a Toyota 15 years ago. Not as good as todays but good indeed. And considering the price for a Matrix or Vibe (same drive trane)there is no comparison, they package that Kia gives for the price can't be beat. Saving 4 thousand and the warranty is better than either of the other 2. This is a no brainer, get the Kia's while they are still value priced.

Featured Services for this Kia Spectra