2009 Kia Spectra

23 city / 30 hwy

Overall

good car for teen

by Deni G from Dallas, TX | June 20, 2012

We bought this car for my daughter, she loves it. It was preowned, but in good condition. It drives nice and gets good gas mileage. We hope it last her through college and into her first job.

2009 kia

by tony from tx | August 22, 2011

very impressed by all the included features. I would recommend this vehicle to a friend good look both inside and out. Good Gas miles

2009 Kia Spectra - What a find!

by tobias1955 from Pittsburgh, PA | May 6, 2011

i found this website by accident and the car we ended up buying was the first on the list - very low mileage, 2 owners, no accidents, great condition. we drove from PA to Ohio to get it - well worth the trip. very few body blemishes, immaculate interior - super value for the price. great car for our daughter at college, especially with kia's warranty.

I wish I hadn't bought it

by SoMuchForResearch from Crossville, TN | December 27, 2010

I bought my Kia new. The good - 60/40 split. Size of trunk. The seats adjust several ways. You can sleep in it if you get stuck somewhere. The bad- Switches gears on the littlest of inclines. Whines when it starts cold, and doesn't stop. The brakes are a little squirrely. You feel like you have none, almost to the floor, and then, boom, they kick in. Don't rely on the tire pressure sensor. I have NEVER seen the passenger air bag sensor light go off; no matter how large the person sitting in the seat. The UGLY: I was cleaning my windshield with a sqeegy at the gas station. The rubber part barely touched the paint on the car. Now I have a long black scratch on it. I have been so careful about the paint on this car. The best gas mileage I ever got, going Interstate at 65 MPH for the whole tank, was 29.5 MPH. I don't jack rabbit it. I had to call the dealership to get to get the roadside assistance number. The dealership had to search for it. They were just closing. I called the Roadside Assistance company. Waited on hold for 25 minutes. When they finally answered, I could barely hear them. I was told it would be FOUR HOURS before they could get someone to help me. I had them repeat it. Four Hours. Perfect weather. No accidents on the freeway. No excuse. I gave up 22 years with AAA for THIS?? NEVER EVER AGAIN-KIA - NEVER. Note: Their commercials are an embarrassment to any car owner. Imagine what it's like for someone who actually owns a Kia.

good car off the lot, better once you toy with it

by performspec from denton, tx | December 24, 2010

test drove mazda 3, cobalt, scion xA and xB, and caliber but chose this car. i got the LX base model for a great price, brand new. they car had moderate styling, performance, and comfort but with a little tweaking this car became one of my favorites ive owned so far. new wheels and tires, exhaust and intakes this car became quite fun to drive. along with adding new struts it became nice to take around those sharp turns. all of this achieved at a minimal amount of money. this car is fine of the lot with its economy and warranty, but depending on what YOU want, it can be made into a fun little machine.

Great Value

by MJ from Maine | November 12, 2010

I love this car. I've had no issues with it whatsoever. I think it has a good look both inside and out. Good Gas miles. It's always ready to go. I like all the little features and it feels like all the other cars in it's class(civic, corolla, sentra) it's just less money with a better warranty. I'm very pleased with it. I'd buy it all over again.

Worst purchase of my life!

by Bwild44 from New York | May 11, 2010

I bought this car about 9 months ago and to be completely honest, it was the worst car I could have ever bought. The acceleration is horrible, the seats are very uncomfortable, the interior is boring. Now the main reason I hate this car is from day one after driving off the lot, the passenger side airbag would work only if it wanted to regardless if someone was sitting in the seat, I weigh 240 ibs and most of the time it wouldn't turn on for me. Also, the estimated 27 mpg is a lie, I've been getting at most 19 mpg on a full tank of gas, and I mainly drive back and forth all highway to my college classes driving at most 65 mph. Overall the car is horrible and no one should waste their money on one.

Biggest mistake of my life

by T bone from Newaygo, MI | March 31, 2010

Bought one hated the ride went through two struts something else was starting to go out on it. Good news I was able to trade it in lost very little money and got smart bought a Chevy. Please don't recommend this to anyone. I did get into a wreck with a raccoon with the spectra, the raccoon won, that is how safe those vehicles are!!

Great economy car!

by robkni from Greensburg PA | November 1, 2009

First KIA for me and very impressed by all the included features. I have had other similar: Toyota, etc and I love this one especially for the money. I got an extended warranty up to 100,000 b to b from when I purchased it for only about 1 grand more. Impressed with the way it handles and comfort inside. We have smaller and larger drivers and both like it. Had over 6 months now and plan on another KIA.

First impression

by New Owner from Paso Robles,CA | April 5, 2009

I had bought the Rio (2008),six months ago,and didn't like the vibration at 65-75 MPH on the highway.Just traded it in for the Spectra,and after 3 days of driving 450 miles for work,I'm really enjoying the quieter ,smoother ride. The Rio was sitting in the driveway for months,and this Spectra is on the road every day.I'm pleased with the difference.

Featured Services for this Kia Spectra