2006 Kia Spectra5

2006 Kia Spectra5
Available in 1 styles:  2006 Kia Spectra5 4dr Hatchback shown

25 city / 33 hwy

Overall

poor paint on exterior kia

by whatever from CA. | June 1, 2012

brought 06 kia new at beginning of 07.have put very few miles on it.protective coating over paint begin peeling first,then small white spots started appearing all over hood,the red paint had come off.have had many different cars over the years,not one other car has had any problem with the paint.most of these other cars i have kept for 10 to 20 years with no problems with the paint.anyone eles out there have this problem?

enjoyable car

by Mollie from Cincinnati, OH | January 17, 2011

I bought my kia S5 with 75,000 miles on it, but it feels and drives great. It's a pretty sporty little car with great pick up and handling, and is really comfortable. It is absolutely impossible to drive in the snow, but I think that might have something to do with the tires that came on it. I mostly put highway miles on this and so far I have only been averaging about 26 mpg, which isn't nearly as good as what is reported. Sometimes the gas cover won't open if it is cold outside. I have an automatic, and if it's cold out, it doesn't like to kick up into 4th gear. Overall it is a great car. It is practical and fun to drive. I feel that I am really getting my moneys worth!

Fun car and runs great..

by Mike918 from Tulsa, OK | January 12, 2011

I bought the car used in Aug. 2010. I now have 75000 miles on it. I do reg oil changes and so far very lucky that its as great as it is. :-) The mpg is AWSOME I get like 24 city and as good as 38 on highway. I was able to go from Texas to Tulsa 280 miles on just a little over half a tank. The ride can be a little harsh. The engine noise is less then my PT Crusier. I would buy another Kia.

Ready To Roll!

by Audio_Guy from Cottonwood, Az | December 25, 2010

I got my Kia Spectra5 for a Birthday gift for myself. I was looking at Subaru WRX (Used) & other sporty hatchback cars. After days of test driving I went by the Local Kia Dealer (In Prescott,Az) I had no clue they had a sporty hatchback so I took the 5speed out for a spin, I was impressed right away, This was not the junk Kia I have heard about, I enjoyed the way the steering felt & the car was kinda quick. I have had my car since Aug. 2006 I have 55k miles on it and drive it like a race car. fun car to drive! you can find performance upgrades at a few different sites & forums both were very helpful in finding the info on the parts I was looking for on my Kia. I would tell anyone thinking about a Hatchback to give the Spectra5 a test drive you may like it as much as I have!

cant go wrong...

by carl from outside of sault ste. marie ontario | June 19, 2010

I bought my 2006 kia spectra 5 in 2007 brand new. It has a 4 cylinder auto transmission. We've put almost 150000 km on it now and "no problems"! We live out in the country so there's a lot of highway miles on it and I've had to replace all the tires once. Im so impressed by the gas mileage and quality of this car. It also has great looks and is quite powerful for a little engine. We have done zero maintenance on it besides oil changes. I have never changed the timing belt or transmission fluid like I should have and maybe I should soon, but up to this date, its the best car I've ever owned overall. I would definitely buy KIA products again. THANKYOU KIA!!

Pretty Good Car

by cb24601 from Zion, IL | April 13, 2010

Overall this is a good car. It's really fun to drive and is zippy. It handles like a go-cart, which is a plus. The turning radius is excellent. The exterior styling is sporty and the interior is roomy in the front. The cargo area is very spacious. The biggest two negatives that I have with this car is 1) It really needs a 6th gear (Manual 5 speed revs high on the interstate which makes it a little noisy. Also first gear is really short). 2) If you press the gas while not in gear, it takes a LONG time for the engine to wind back down, much longer than normal.

Kia runs great!

by JerZ4Life from Willingboro, NJ | November 28, 2009

I've owned a wide variety of cars both American and foriegn. I bought this car new in 2004 and haven't looked back. The vehicle goes through bulbs like crazy but is certainly something that I can live with considering the car now has 140000 miles on it and still runs great.

SPECTRA-5 w/5 stars

by HATCHBACK, forever from Southern California | May 22, 2007

Model yr 2006. After putting in 3,000 miles, I took it on a trip to Woodstock, GA, which is 2,150 miles one way from my place in southern California. First day, my wife and I drove for 16 hours and negotiated 900 miles, non-stop, except for fuel and personal necessities. Second day, we drove for 12 hrs. and 10 hrs. on the 3rd day. We went through heat in AZ and NM, (A/C worked great) thunderstorm (rain and wind) in part of TX and we felt secure in this car under those conditions. We drove 7 to 10 MPH over the speed limit most of the time, so you can imagine how fast we were going when we got to part of TX where the speed limit is 80 MPH. We could had been going faster than that, (the car is extremely capable of doing so) but we were very concern of getting a speeding ticket. This car is competent and reliable. The sports tuned suspension is a big plus, especially when going fast through the curvy highways. I never felt intimidated by the big rigs doing 80 plus MPH. I can honestly say that there is no car out there, in this car's price range, that can match this car in performance (handling and power), comfort, reliability, and of course, styling and fit and finish. An AWESOME car!!

First New Car

by Zzyzzx from Dallas, TX | February 27, 2007

I just bought a 2006 Kia Spectra5...brand new. First off, I received a very good deal since the 2007 Kia's have been out for a while already. I can't talk about the reliability of the car since I just bought it; however, I can tell you that I know I'm going to be happy with this car for a long time! It drives perfectly...handles like a pro. It's got very good "get up and go" and is roomy enough for everything I need. The layout of the interior is very nice. Anyone looking for a "sports-type car" but can't afford to spend a fortune should look into buying one of these!

great car Great price.

by Lou from Connecicut | January 18, 2007

i bought this car in October of 06. Thus far i have had no complaints. i just wish there was a little more storage room or roof rails standard. that would've been a little helpful. This car handles like a dream with its sport tunes suspension. its pretty peppy to. the radio isnt bad. sometimes the reception isnt awesome because it has a small antenna on the hood. The speakers are great. i love this car.

Featured Services for this Kia Spectra5