2008 Kia Spectra5

23 city / 30 hwy

Overall

Wheel Bearing Trouble before 60K miles

by kia owner from | June 19, 2013

Until 40K miles this was a good car - no troubles with it. We keep it well-maintained so expected to go at the very minimum past 60K without trouble. However, while on a trip across country (of course!) our front driver's side wheel bearings went out. Very loud sound, vibrating car. It was under warranty, so at least it didn't cost us. However, here we are 12 months later, STILL under 60K and the same one needs to be replaced again. Not really a car we want to hang on to since it seems this is a recurring problem.

great car so far, only 600 miles on it

by kiaT from indianapolis | April 16, 2008

i drove several economy cars due to gas prices. i had a midsize suv before this little car. but i must say that i have been very impressed with my first kia product. handling for its size is rather nice, brakes a really good (i have the abs) dealership was great (butler indianapolis) the ipod adapter is great. my only complaint is the speakers are very weak and i have the 6 disc changer, so i thought it was upgraded all around.......but i guess that doesn't include better speakers. still the value for the $$$ is unbeatable. i just had my windows tinted, and it looks great. this is also my first car with a sunroof.....awesome feature for a little car. the fit doesn't offer one. the only other car i considered was the civic after driving several. but i like having the hatchback, also, how can you go wrong with 0% plus $500 cash back.

Awesome Car

by BalkanAttitude from High Desert, California | February 20, 2008

I checked out many of the cars that are in the same class as the Spectra 5. When it came down to overall value for the dollar, the Spectra 5 was unbeatable. The features that this car possesses put it above other cars in the compact class. The interior features make you feel like you are in a much more expensive car. I analyzed and drove the Toyota Matrix, Dodge Caliber, Chevrolet Cobalt, and the Honda Civic. The Honda Civic was the only car that came close to Kia Spectra 5. The others lacked style, features, and handling quality. The choice was between the Honda Civic or the Kia Spectra 5. Value for the dollar became the final deciding factor. The Kia Spectra 5 was my choice. The handling of the Kia Spectra 5 is phenomenal for a vehicle in this class. Passing on a 2 lane highway was done with ease because of the vehicle's power. Build quality is outstanding and rivals many more expensive automobiles. Each time I drive this Spectra 5, I find more and more enjoyment with the character of this car. Kia has come a very long way in the past 10 years and builds a car with superb quality, outstanding handling characteristics, and great features. What would I like to see added to this car? Blue tooth technology and a 5 speed automatic transmission. This is one car that I do not regret buying and the fuel economy is excellent. Drive it...you will love it.

We LOVE our new Spectra

by Satisfied Spectra5 owners from Lakeland, FL | October 15, 2007

Granted before our new '08 Spectra5 we drove a 1997 Nissan Altima, that said, this car is awesome. It drives well on back roads and even better on the highway. It accelerates quickly and smoothly. At first, we wanted a Rondo but realized that might be TOO big for our tastes. The Rio was...hmm...less than we expected. But the Spectra5 had everything we wanted. Small size YET a roomy interior, great price for the quality AND an awesome warranty - up to 100,000! It even has its own roadside assistance. This car is great for the value. It fits discerning drivers who spend their money wisely. Go KIA!

Featured Services for this Kia Spectra5