1998 Kia Sportage

19 city / 23 hwy

Overall

WORST CAR EVER

by Lucky me from Clearwater, FL | November 17, 2014

We purchased a 1998 kia sportage in 2003 as a second car. The main purpose of the vehicle was the 4wd benifit. What intrigued my wife was the terrific gas mileage achieved by a 4wd suv. The sportage was also not costly by any means. We bought it in 2003 while it was 5 years old with only 26,000 miles. The transmission went about one year into ownershi[p. That was an expensive replacement which was performed by Kia. The second year of ownership we had unidentified engine troubles as kia stated it. After multiple repairs including the faulty starter. We finally gave up on the vehcile and sold it for parts in 2006.

Terrible hunk of junk

by Brian Y from Bronx | November 2, 2012

This thing is hands down the worst car I have ever had. This kia won't run for me for longer then a few days at a time before something major decides to go out, and even when it does run it sounds terrible. It is cheaply made and lacks craftsmanship, do not buy one of these, they are the worst.

Great Car Except...

by Jared from Atlanta, GA | May 13, 2008

We bought this car for my wife used with ~100K miles on it. It ran great and started up everytime. It was roomy and had the style that my wife liked. At 105K (6 months after we purchased it) the timing belt mount broke off of the engine block. We took it to a repair shop and they said the only way to repair it was to replace the engine block (a $3K+ repair). Needless to say, we sold it for scrap and bought a different car. It's a great car, but won't go over 100K Miles...

LOVEMYSPORTAGE

by lovemysportage from antioch, Ca | July 5, 2006

I am totally in love with my sportage. I think it is soo cute and it drives like a dream and I feel like I'm rich when I'm driving it.

Featured Services for this Kia Sportage