2000 Kia Sportage

$916–$6,696

Overall

Kia Sportage 4x4 Base

by Johnny G from Santa Fe,TX | September 1, 2011

One of the worse cars I've owned. Only thing that is less reliable than this was my 68 Suburban. 1. Poorly designed engine (I-4) Oil Filter is squeezed in right under the Tank assy Surge, 3 Different Belts, and poorly placed Air Intake. 2. Poorly designed interior, It was ok but the console would squeak when the car hits a bump or just driving down the road, The rear windshield wiper fluid reservoir is hovering over the Right rear speaker and the extension used to "Convenience" you can easily be pulled out while filling. 3. No Power. 0-60 with the pedal to the floor takes an apx. 20 secs /w K&N air filter, changed oil & Transmission Fluid within 50 miles, 1/4 tank of gas. You accelerate even slower with a full tank (makes sense but shouldnt matter in a car.) 4. Poorly Designed Frame, Yes the standing height is an advantage at some points but when the wind blows, your all over the road. I like the style of it; compact but plenty of room for passengers. 5 You repair one part and two others break. It seemed that Every part I had replaced 2 more mechanical problems would occur. Just none stop with this car. Do not waste your time with this junk on wheels.

kia sportage 2000

by Free from Trion Ga | July 20, 2011

has a cup holder, good ac and heat, goosd speakers, has had to replace rear end twice, carrier baron, every part has to come from the dealship, nice interior.

not bad for the buck

by Paz from Smithtown NY | July 6, 2011

Good car for point A to point B, Fair in the snow. Kind of bouncey, but gas mileage is great, 4x4 works pretty good.

Mr.

by Ismail from | November 14, 2010

it is ok with me... i like this car and i really want to keep it with me at least for 5 years... thanx

like my kia

by jer from minnesota | August 9, 2009

98000 miles no repairs . nothing else needed to say. sporty fun and four wheel drive. great for ice fishing and camping.

A GREAT litte SUV

by Kelly from Minnesota | June 7, 2009

I have had my 2000 Sportage SUV since new and I currently have over 120,000 miles on it. Except for normal wear items like tires, battery, etc. I have never had any mechanical or electronic problems. The 4-wheel drive feature has gotten me through some pretty tough Minnesota winters. All this plus great mileage, what's not to like? I love the car and I hope to keep it forever.

by far the worst car I've every owned

by Fed up in Michigan from Macomb County, MI | December 10, 2007

The dealerships sell you with their "wonderful warranty" but no one sits down with you to explain every thing and every cost involved with it. . It's a shame. I spent good money for this piece of metal. Still paying on it and every month it's costing more and more to fix. The dealerships won't cover anything. Go do a search yourself type in "troubles with Kias" and see what you come up with. Great stuff to say the least.

Nothng Special

by Car Researcher from Wink, Tx | May 27, 2007

We've had this car for a couple of years now and its been pretty good. The power windows broke though. Gas mileage was good. Reliability was okay i guess. Its nothing special. I call it a junker.

least expensively car I've owned

by traveller from olympia, washington | December 9, 2006

Bought this 2000 sportage convertible used. I had intended to use it as a 2nd car for short distance travel. I am very surprised at the overall performance and quality for its price. Over the years, I have owned and drove many high end luxury cars and I am satisified with what I paid for.

2000 Kia Sportage

by Cindy from Washington | August 4, 2006

I had this car from brand new. The first 2 years were ok, but by about 24-26 mos it was in the shop every other month. Had thousands of dollars of repairs both warranty and out of my pocket. Not what I would recommend to anyone I cared about.

Featured Services for this Kia Sportage