2006 Kia Sportage

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best Kept Secret in Mid SIzed SUV Marketplace

by Car Buff 53 from Cary NC | March 23, 2013

The Kia Sportage is the best mid sized SUV value on the planet. We have owned this and a CRV and there is hardly any difference between the two in overall appeal. The Kia has a nice V6 vs the CRVs 4 cylinder. Bottom line this is one of the most reliable cars we have ever owned.

very reliable

by DeeDee from PA | February 19, 2013

When looking for a car I only wanted a hyanda tussan but could not find one I could aford so I had to settle for a Kai sportage but oh was I surprised the proformance of this car is great! It kinda remindes me of my old tussan, I love everything about it! And beleave me there was no settling for this Kia!!!!!

Excellent Value/Driveability Combo

by NCSenior from Raleigh, NC | May 6, 2009

We bought our 2WD 6Cyl EX back in Nov. '05 and have been more than pleased with it in all ways. Very reliable, high utility, good comfort and fun to drive. I would like better than our 20 mpg all around, but since we only avg 8,000 miles a year the MPG has not been a big deal. I really don't think we could have made a better choice and expect to keep this vehicle for many more years.

LOVE this CAR!

by Neesie from Pittsburgh, PA | March 25, 2009

I would recommend the 2006 Kia Sportage EX hands down! It has been the best vehicle I have ever owned! Never needed it to be serviced for anything! My lease just expired and the dealer was going to give me an incredible deal on a new 2008 Sorento. Just bought it yesterday. It will be tough to live up to my 2006 Sportage. I'm really going to miss it! The 2008 Kia Sportage EX is super comfortable, fit me like a glove and made me feel safe driving at high speeds with the automatic stabilizing system. Fun to drive too! Can take it anywhere and off road too! It's a great compact SUV with plenty of room! VERY dependable and a JOY to drive! Stereo system is great, CD/cassette. Power Moonroof too! Love the White with grey plush interior. Whom ever buys my 3yr. old Sportage is absolutely going to LOVE it! Awesome, Dependable, Fun, Great Looking, Great Priced vehicle! I can't say enough about it!!!!!!

2006 better than 2000

by 2nd Time Kia from Middleburg, FL | December 3, 2008

I'm a second time Kia owner. My first was the Sephia - very much a piece of garbage. It gave out way too early; the first to go was the catalytic converter....everything followed from there. I'm now a 2006 Kia Sportage owner and I was doubtful at first, but have spoken to quite a few people and they've given this vehicle a thumbs up. I'm not all that crazy about the engine noise at higher speeds, but over all; it's roomy, it's efficient and I think we're gonna become the best of friends.

Very impressive car

by novit from marrero,la | September 29, 2008

On the highway it really holds it's own. Easy to drive. I move some furniture, Will the rear seats down and the plastic covers on the back, this car is very easy to load and holds alot. I'm happy!

Best Value Car I have ever owned

by Sackadough from Medina, Ohio | February 15, 2008

We bought our Kia Sportage after our brand new Jeep Liberty needed the engine rebuilt after 10,000K. We tested many similar cars including the Toyota Rav4. The sportage had a better ride, WAY better $$ tag and better fuel economy. My only complaint is on long road trips the seats are not very comfortable. But for any person like myself that is worried about Quality, Realiablity, and Price there is no better car then the Kia Sportage. Throw in the awesome warranty and you have an impossible to beat combination.

no complaints after one year and 27k km- love it!

by Outback photographer from Gatineau Park, Quebec | December 18, 2007

This is the first vehicle (of 8) that I have owned where I have not wished for any change or improvement (well, perhaps acceleration when fully loaded). The visibility is excellent, especially backing up – a rarity these days. Controls are superb. Lots of thought went into the interior details of this vehicle. Comfort and ride is excellent (I hate noisy vehicles). Handling is surprisingly good. Stability override on snow and ice (I've got the V6 AWD) is, well, interesting. But I can really push it on twisty, snow-covered roads, which is something I need as a back-country photographer. The 4WD button locks up the differentials – a very important feature: I haven't been able to get the vehicle stuck yet. I can flip down the passenger seat, open the back window and carry long pieces of lumber home. I can flip down the back seats, slide the passenger seat forward, and sleep very comfortably (I'm six foot). Gas mileage on the highway is good (over 30 mpg). Fully loaded on a camping vacation with the family, and the air conditioning on, it labors a bit on the hills, but I can still pass the Volkswagon campers. The only problem so far was a windshield washer pump replacement at 26,000 km and the dealer service was excellent.

This Vehicle is a Winner

by Steve from Florida | December 8, 2007

I bought the 2006 V6 2WD LX model back in November of 06, so I've had it for a little over a year now. This is an excellent all-around vehicle. The V6 has good acceleration, especially in the higher gears. A little bit of lag taking off from rolling stops until you get used to it. Gas mileage has been as good as if not a little better than advertised. I get just under 20 in the city and right at 24 on the highway. The cargo ability is fantastic as I was able to carry two (detached in two pieces) recliners in the back with the back seats down. Plenty of room in the back compartments to carry tools and any non-combustible cleaning supplies. Also has good lighting, sharp-looking interior and exterior, a handy sunglass holder, nice drink coasters front and back, and easily seats 5 adults. Leg room in the front is not the greatest on longer trips that require liberal usage of the brake and gas, but I am 6'3" tall. And the AM radio reception is a little basey (even with full treble turned on), which just takes getting used to.

The car holds alot

by wildpiglet from Nashville, TN | November 3, 2007

I bought this car to haul things. It was a good price and it has a good amount of cargo space and comfortably holds three people in the back. I put on a tow bar to tow a uhaul trailer. It did a great job.