2008 Kia Sportage

2008 Kia Sportage

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Kia Sportage 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Most Reliable car I have ever owned!

by jessie from Parrish Fl | May 16, 2014

Bought my Sportage new in 2008. Not one problem. Did buy new tires and battery. Will drive my Kia forever!

Great SUV for the money

by C141Load from O'Fallon IL | January 13, 2014

Bought this SUV used. Excellent in snow, tracks well, lots of room, tons of cup holders, plenty of power, not great gas mileage, overall seems to be reliable.

LIKE IT

by DOG PERSON from COLUMBUS, OHIO | January 20, 2013

HAS BEEN A GOOD CAR SO FAR. EASY SEAT MOVEMENT. BACK SEATS LAY DOWN EASY AND FLAT. EASY 1 BUTTON INTO 4 WHEEL DRIVE! SITS UP EASY TO GET IN AND OUT. NICE CAR!

Great Family Small SUV

by Cruisin mt from Richmond , va | June 4, 2012

Have only had the car for two months and a, pleased so far. Am averaging 22 mpg in mostly city driving and 25 highway. Not the greatest pickup but drives well 65-75 mph and does not feel like you're going that fast. Definitely would recommend and will consider newer model for next purchase.

2008 Kia Sportage LX V6 4WD

by Proud Kia owner!!! from Tarrytown, NY | January 14, 2012

I had the 2001 model and owned it for nearly 10 years. When it came time to purchase a new car I bought a 'used' 2008 Sportage with just over 10K miles on it. This SUV is awesome and looks great!! Other then the gas mileage, I have been very happy with my choice. The Kia nameplate gets allot of negative press but I noticed that when it comes to owner reviews, it does better then the Honda CR-V and the Toyota Rav 4. Just look for yourself, if you don't believe me. There is PLENTY of cargo room and it handles great in the snow. I plan on enjoying this Sportage as long as I enjoyed the last one. See you again in 2020 when I purchase my next Kia.

very enjoyable automobile

by canoe people from MN | January 2, 2012

Excellent transport for our situation in MN. Very sure footed, comfy, good ride, attractive, everything works together nicely. The V-6 for this year(2008) gets less gas mileage than later models. We like it.

Best vehicle I've ever had

by rawmustard from Springfield, MI | April 30, 2009

I bought this vehicle in January with only 41 miles on the odometer, and over 7,000 miles later the vehicle still handles very well. Granted, the I4 engine has to do some work on acceleration, but it can get to speed very well. After a few months, I've found that the vehicle exceeds the given EPA range for fuel mileage, which is excellent for this class of vehicle. If you like the Spectra but want more headroom, you won't go wrong considering the Sportage.

First New Car I have ever purchased

by NewKiaConvert from Fort Wayne, IN | November 9, 2008

I bought my 2008 Sportage EX new with 11 miles on the odometer. I love this new truck! It is perfect for my busy, active urban-rural lifestyle. I work and go to school in the city, but travel to the country whenever possible for play and weekends. The passing speed isn't sluggish like they say, however if you are at highway speeds the 6cyl will fire up the RPMs to increase speed, but it has it when it needs it. All interior comforts are wonderful for a spartan SUV. Stock CD player is great, my cloth interior is very stylish and durable. It handles a heck of a lot better than you think it does when you are driving it. LIke I said I LOVE THIS TRUCK!

LOVE THIS CAR!

by msclub8six from medford, or | October 6, 2008

I just purchsed my first kia and I love it! The vehicle handles very nice. I dont have any probles passing other cars. I have to keep looking to make sure im not speeding, its so quiet. The ESC OFF light came on the day after I bought the vehicle. Dealer said sometimes the sensor has to be reset. It's very roomy for a family of five. This is the only vehicle I looked at, I was sold on it the minute I drove it. The warranty is awesome! The car will be paid off way before the warranty is up. The mileage is ok ,155 miles on half a tank, in town driving. I can't think of anything to improve on.

Great value!

by Value guy from Smithfield, RI | July 31, 2008

I'm a "value" type of person and have never regretted buying this vehicle. Just approaching 3 years old and 40,000 miles, my only expense to date has been 2 burned out bulbs with the dealer replacement cost at $25 each. I bought the vehicle on 10/2005 and have gone thru 3 uneventful NE winters. This is the EX V6 automatic model with 4x4. Who needs luxury? Last winter, I remember going around a stuck Mercedes with all 4 of its wheels spinning. Average city/hwy mileage is low 20 according to the trip computer. Mileage is better in summer because of the way they formulate the gasoline. Sounds crazy but I love the way the sun visors slide over to keep the sun out of your face. This feature actually put the deal over for me. Again, don't look for luxury here, just a very nice affordable, common sense vehicle with style and good handling.