The Kia Sportage is a compact SUV that competes with other small SUVs, such as the Jeep Compass and Ford Escape. Because Kia and Hyundai share corporate parentage, the Sportage is related to Hyundai's Tucson.
The Sportage is offered with front- or four-wheel drive in LX, LX V6 and EX V6 trim levels.
New for 2010
An illuminated visor vanity mirror and an eight-way adjustable driver's seat are standard for all trim levels, and automatic transmission models gain an EcoMinder indicator, which glows green to denote efficient driving. Rear parking sensors are a new option.
Styling is highlighted by twin roof bars integrated into sloping D-pillars, which are outlined by black moldings. The top-hinged tailgate contains a flip-up window, and the spare tire mounts under the floor.
- Available 16- or 17-inch alloy wheels
- Standard power mirrors
- Optional heated mirrors
- Optional rear spoiler
- Optional sunroof
- Optional fog lamps
- Optional front windshield de-icer
The Sportage seats up to five and has a height-adjustable center console.
With Kia's Drop & Fold rear seating system, the seat cushion lowers and the backrest folds flat, yielding 66.6 cubic feet of cargo space. To accommodate long items, the backrest of the front passenger seat folds down.
- Standard cloth seats; optional leather upholstery
- Standard satellite radio and USB jack for MP3 players
- Standard power windows and locks
- Standard keyless entry
- Standard cruise control
- Optional leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift
- Optional heated front seats
Under the Hood
A five-speed manual gearbox is standard in the base four-cylinder, and all V-6 models come with an automatic transmission.
- 140-horsepower, 2.0-liter four-cylinder with 136 pounds-feet of torque
- 173-hp, 2.7-liter V-6 with 178 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard front-wheel drive
- Optional full-time four-wheel drive
Standard safety features include:
- Front-seat-mounted side airbags
- Side curtain airbags that cover all seating rows
- Four-wheel antilock brakes
- Traction control
- Electronic stability control
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Kia Sportage.