2012 Kia Sportage

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Happy so far

by love my cars from Port Elizabeth, South Africa | June 16, 2014

I bought the Sportage 2.0 Auto/6 speed triptronic 2012 with 49000km (30447 miles) on the clock. Love the techno orange colour. It's fullhouse with Gps, dvd player, auto climate control, black leather seats, auto lights with LED's and many more specs. So far I love it, but the fuel consumption a little to heavy for our expensive fuel prize in South Africa. I do own a 2010 Volvo aswell and use the Volvo during the week and the SUV weekends. No problems with Sportage, but will see in the next couple of months.

Very happy!!

by Debra from Pensacola, Fl. | March 30, 2014

Bought a 2012 Kia Sportage from Tim. I live in Pensacola, Fl. but found the vehicle on the web. Was hesitant about purchasing a car out of my area, but was pleased with the service and commitment that he showed during this transaction. He went out of his way to make this purchase simple and painless. I am very pleased with my purchase and recommend would anyone to do business with this dealership. it was an enjoyable experience.

Not what I expected

by Justrach from Southeastern MA | January 23, 2014

Looks great, but is horrible in the snow/ice I live in New England, thought this little SUV would be awesome in the snow...Not at all. I slide all over the place and my skid light flashes when it's on and when it's off. I have had this vehicle for 17 months with 20K miles on it and I am looking to trade it in. Was lots of fun when I first purchased it until we had our first snowstorm....Coming from driving a minivan in blizzards I am disappointed in the Sportage !!

My first crossover and Korean car

by Corporate Slave from Ontario, Canada | September 27, 2013

I bought the 2012 Sportage SX AWD. Traded an 2007 Honda Accord V6 SE with 147,000 kms on it. Heard lots of good things about Korean cars and their improving quality but wasn't sold on their boring looks. This changed when I saw this cross over. I chose the SX model for the power from turbo charged motor. My Likes: the easy to use NAV, Panoroof, AWD grip in snow and rain, backup camera view built into NAV, sharp steering, and powerful acceleration. My Dislikes: poor rear quarter visibility, average fuel economy. Turbo reliability: at 30,000 kms the Check Engine Light came on and threw a P2562 code. My 260hp CUV would lose power and drive like a 100hp car whenever this code appeared. My dealer couldn't reproduce the problem as it was intermittent. A different dealer flashed the ECM and eventually replaced the turbo sensor under warranty, but it still happens every now and then. Overall its still a fun CUV to drive and own despite the turbo glitches. The car always starts and I've never been left stranded. I still think Kia needs more real-world experience over time if they want to keep using turbos in their products.

Very Cool Car

by Bogie from Poughkerpsie, Ny | September 19, 2013

This car is surprisingly quick and fun to drive. A SUV with a true sports car feel. We purchased the SX model. Loaded with cool gadgets. Cool Things: - Very Quick - Sports Car feel - AWD - Smooth Shifting - Nice leg room in front and back - Comfortable seats - Great mileage Uncool Things: - A bit of a rough ride - Rear window visability (back-up camera makes up for It) Overall rating 8 out of 10

blue tooth

by damobut Ireland from Thurles Ireland | September 8, 2013

Hi folks love my sportage. But hate the blue tooth system. Iv had nothing but problems with the phone system. When a person rings me they cant hear me, they say in sounds as if im in a wind tunnel. The garage I bought it from in fairness have changed the mic in the car and recently changed the radio. Still have same problem. And its not the phone as iv changed the phone 3 times since I bought the car. Anyone out there help me or having same problem.

Best car I ever had

by Hügel from Cincinnati, OH | August 24, 2013

Ok. Maybe this is a bit too early to say but I absolutely love the car. Purchased a 2012 Sportage SX with roughly 7,500 miles and added 300 miles in just a month. The car performs extremely well, the 2.0L Turbo with 260 horses accelerates the car as a rocket and works well over the entire RPM range. There is no turbo lag. The SX is equipped with everything you are looking for and then some. The black leather seats are firm, even though the lateral support could be better. The large navigation screen is awesome and the navigation system is very accurate and fast. The only thing that needs improvement is the dash. Too much hard plastic. The use of more soft touch materials would increase the feeling of luxury. The styling of the car is beautiful and well done. I hope it will serve me well the next 4 years.

2012 Sportage

by LJW from Charlotte, NC | August 13, 2013

Love my Kia but recently the skid control safety has been turning on while driving straight at a low speed. The dealership has tested my car and says computer analysis details says nothing is wrong, Has anyone else had this problem?

Engine Problems!!

by Classy Chic from Perth | August 1, 2013

Seriously! I am also experiencing the high rev's without accelerating also and the dealership refuse to assist! I have the 2013 Platinum Diesel, after 4 months its noisy, the engine is loud, the engine light is constantly coming on and the sunroof has already cracked and been replaced on my cost! Not happy and especially after reading so many others are experiencing the same issues without Kia accepting responsibility.

Great car but jerky through the gear changes.

by My Kia from Queensland | July 16, 2013

Bought my 2012 kia sportage in October (2012). Love the car and the stylish design and the low fuel cost BUT.....since owning the car it's been jerky through the gears. Instead of flowing through the gears smoothly it jerks back as though fuel or power isn't getting through. It frustrates me cause I think about it every time I drive cause I'm trying to think of ways to stop it from happening by reving the gears etc etc. Took it to the dealer who said its just me and that they are all like that and I have to get used to it. I've spent stacks of money getting this car and will be paying it off for the next 5 years to not get a smooth driving brand new car. I'm so angry and don't know what to do. I will never buy a kia again and I'll be telling everybody the same.