2013 Kia Sportage

Starting MSRP

Overall

love it!!!

by SheBlynn from Elizabeth city nc | August 18, 2014

I took my time finding the perfect vehicle.I knew that I wanted a smaller SUV, instead of a big gas guzzler, but wasn't certain which one , so I set out to test drive as many as I could. I drove the Ford escape, Toyota rav, chevy captiva, nissan rogue, and even some bigger SUV's like Ford edge and Toyota highlander. I can honestly say that none of those came close to the quality and style of my 2013 kia sportage EX. I'm happy with the size and performance of this vehicle. Got a great deal as it was a dealer demo model with only a handful of miles. Excellent warranty....WAY better than any other that I test drove! The warranty alone makes it worth test driving! You won't be sorry if you buy this vehicle. I love the push button start and the alloy wheels on the Ex Are sporty and look awesome! Go drive one...you'll drive away with it..I promise :-)

Great used car value

by Chicago Mark from Evanston, IL | July 23, 2014

Wanted something that had AWD after the last Chicago winter and needed a new car anyway. Came across this 2013 with just 4,800 miles. For the price it was a perfect blend of what I needed at the right cost.

Excellent car at an excellent price!

by JTray from Kansas City, MO | May 28, 2014

I am 19,000 miles into my 2012 Sportage LX. I am a huge fan of this automobile. I've have zero issues with this car (knock on wood.) I spent a lot of time, nearly a year, test driving mid size SUVs before settling on the Sportage. at 6'3 205 LBS I was having difficulty finding a midsize SUV that felt comfortable. I nearly bought a Ford Escape, but just couldn't get comfortable. Thankfully I test drove the Sportage. It's the only SUV I drove where I didn't have to push the drivers seat as far back as it could go. That's rather refreshing to a tall person. I highly recommend this car. Not just for the size, but for the overall performances of the automobile.

1st KIA ever, totally satisfied

by smylwide from California | May 8, 2014

So, I come from a family of mechanics and car enthusiasts and no one in my family has ever purchased/owned a KIA before. I was totally skeptical when we went to the car lot on a referral from a co-worker. I thought, eh, I'll test drive one just to appease a persistent friend. 1st - I instantly fell in love with the design and interior. All leather interior, cool UVO touch screen system, hands free features, comfortable seats, (with heating and COOLING capabilities). Neat cup holders and the sun roof is amazing. I was also intrigued by the potential gas mileage. Sticker said 26-31. I've found this to be fairly accurate so far. 2nd- I LOVE this way this car rides. It's so smooth. Handles curves tight - no weird "I'm about to tip over feelings". And when you step on it, it goes. I test drove the car in the rain and it handled so well. 3rd - KIA's warranty was the selling point. Hands down one of the best warranties offered in the car business. Second only to Mazda's. (I've done the research). I bought the car, a little apprehensive about being the first in my very car enthusiastic family to own one. All anyone can say is it's a great deal on a great car. Be careful that you don't pay too much for this car. I talked my dealer down about 9,000 because I do feel like (generally) they've over priced this car.. Look for a good deal on this car and you'll love it.

I love my Black Cherry Sportage EX !

by paintedwagon from Southwest Florida | April 24, 2014

I just purchased my first brand new car at 44. I love this vehicle, though it has a few issues I would change. There is road noise, I think the UVO screen could light up better, the steering wheel doesn't go down quite far enough. That is just my preferences. I absolutely love this car. It was a left over 2013 with 139 miles on it. I love the look and feel and I just traded a Tahoe 4x4 for it. It is sporty to fulfill my so called " mid life crisis". Fun to drive, love the panoramic sunroof. If you are looking for a fun sporty car with fuel efficiency, this is the one folks! Love, love, love it! Go drive one!

Love my second Sportage!

by Saintsfan from Mississippi | April 5, 2014

I purchased a 2009 Sportage new traded it for a 2013 I don't think I will ever purchase anything else but a KIA Sportgae. The only problem I ever had the amplifier for the sound went out at 15,000 + miles however KIA fixed it no charge & in an efficient amount of time!!

My first Kia and first crossover

by NewtoKia from Burlington, Ontario, Canada | February 17, 2014

I bought the Sportage LX a few months ago after researching several different crossovers. What first drew me to the Sportage was it's sporty, stylish exterior design. Size, fuel economy, features and price are what clinched the deal for me. I've only driven 3,000 KM so far so can't really speak about reliability yet . My Sportage is a light, easy handling vehicle with decent power for the basic, entry level model. After driving minivans for the past 15 years, the Sportage has a wonderful, peppy lightness that I had been missing. The interior is attractive and sensible with everything in a very convenient place for the most part. I do wish the arm rest was placed a bit more forward for us shorter drivers who have the seat placed a bit too far forward for the arm rest to be very useful. Space in the front is a little tight at times when you are wearing your big winter coat but not too bad. Room in back is really quite good and passengers should be quite comfortable. There is good leg room in front and back. I find getting into the car a bit of a challenge even for a 5ft 5 inch woman like me. I often bump or rub my head along the top of the door frame as I get in due to there not being a lot of clearance there. I do wish that the doors had a more solid feel to them. The doors feel almost too thin. Another thing I would change is to make the vehicle more quiet. I find road noise is definitely a problem when on the highways . I am always checking to make sure I don't have a window cracked open a little. I would also wish for a slightly more comfy ride. This vehicle has a VERY sporty suspension which makes for a bumpy ride . It's a little bone jarring at times. Overall while there are things I would change on this vehicle, I do enjoy driving it and feel that it offers good value in a very stylish and well decked out vehicle.

Instrument Panel Failure at <1500 miles

by Retired Consumer from San Diego, California | February 6, 2014

I have a 2013 KIA Sportage Turbo. While the car is comfortable, stylish, has plenty of gadgets, and very good power, gets good mileage, I wonder now about reliability. At somewhere between 1400-1500 miles, the entire Instrument Package failed. Couldn't start the car, didn't have ANY instrument indications, no blown fuses. Estimated repair was 2 weeks because they don't stock this part in the US. Had to ship part from Korea and get programmed somewhere else. Mechanics have never seen this failure. Actually has now been 2.5 weeks and new estimate for getting the car back is now 3 weeks. KIA treated us well, so I am posting this in case anyone else has problems.

Kia Sportage EX

by New car every 10 years! from san diego, ca | January 29, 2014

Only owned for 1 month - so don't know reliability and such... Seems to get about 25 mpg in town driving so far. Love the sneer; love the panoramic roof; love the hidden compartment in the rear cargo area; don't love the very small storage capacity of the Jukebox.

Great AWD on Minnesota's winter roads!

by First Time Buyer Skeptic from St Paul, MN | December 27, 2013

I read a million reviews on every small SUV for about 3 months. I finally set my heart on a Kia Sportage EX. At first I test drove the LX, it was fine but I didn't feel like it had a lot of swag. Thats right, I said swag because I'm 27 and buying my first new car is a BIG deal and I wanted it to be NICE. I'm a designer, so by nature the body style was important to me. I liked the 18" alloy wheels on the EX much more than the 15" hubcaps on LX. (Now you're learning, this = swag) It feels very dominant on the road and you can plow right through a foot of snow, no problem--good clearance. Did I mention the wheels look nice too? One thing I wish the exterior took into consideration is the use of Chrome. It didn't bother me until I bought the all black, not as noticeable on the silver or white. The chrome by the backseat windows is very thick and leaves finger prints and based on trends, I feel it will make the car look dated before it should. Besides grills, most car companies are straying from chrome--would have been nice to tone it down a bit. (not a big deal, just a rant) I had previously read by another reviewer the inside feels like you're driving a fighter jet. I have black exterior and interior--and I agree. Its super awesome, feels really fancy. Still shocked with Kia's quality. However, the little "sporty" dots on the seats are kinda lame--people assume I have heated seats because of it and then I have to let them down gently. (again, minor detail) I'm currently getting 24 MPG, I expected at least 28 MPG, but I come from being cheap and driving a Corolla. Yet I'm still super happy with this car and would not change my mind--which says a lot. Another reviewer mentioned something I can confirm: A strange slow spot in the transmission between 50-60 MPH. I realize this might be due to the eco-friendly engine, but sometimes it catches me off guard how hard I have to press the petal to get it to jump. (random, but worth noting) Overall, I can't wait to take this car on summer road trips and tackle winter storms. I finally feel safe and not terrified driving on MN roads every day. I can't slide out even if I try, the tires and alignments are constantly adjusting to sturdy my slip. When I see another Kia Sportage driver on the road, I feel like we have an unspoken bond because most people haven't found this SUV in MN and its pretty rare to see another one on the road. If you are considering buying one, please do!