The high-performance Lamborghini Gallardo represents the essence of exotic ultra-luxury. Unlike other Lamborghinis, the Gallardo is intended to perform well as an everyday driver as well as a racing machine. A special edition Gallardo Bicolore is available on the Gallardo LP 550-2. This special edition features contrasting two-tone exterior paint, unique alloy wheels and contrasting interior trim.
The 2011 Gallardo is available as a coupe or Spyder convertible. The Balboni edition is dubbed LP 550-2. The Gallardo competes with the Ferrari F430 and Audi R8.
New for 2011
A new Bicolore special edition is available for LP 550-2 models.
Unlike the Murcielago's scissors-style doors, the Gallardo has conventional front-hinged doors. The body sits low to the ground and has big side scoops and sharp edges and curves. The cab-forward cockpit is integrated into the body, giving it a wedge-shaped profile. Exterior features include:
- Bi-xenon headlamps, LED daytime running lamps
- Rear spoiler automatically deploys at high speeds
- Power soft-top on Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder operates in about 20 seconds
- 19-inch wheels
- LP 550-2 edition has unique paint, custom suspension
Though the Gallardo is a performance-oriented car, it isn't without its luxuries. The cabin seats two, and an Ad Personam program allows customers to choose any interior color and trim combination. Interior features include:
- Standard leather upholstery; optional Alcantara upholstery and headliner
- Standard dual-zone climate control
- Optional heated seats, navigation system
- Optional carbon fiber trim
Under the Hood
Built with an aluminum body and space frame, all Gallardos but the LP 550-2 have all-wheel drive. Mechanical features include:
- 552-hp, 5.2-liter V-10 with direct injection
- All-wheel-drive system distributes 30 percent of power to the front wheels; system can be adjusted as needed
- Rear-wheel-drive LP 550-2 edition makes 543 hp, 398 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed manual or six-speed automated manual
- Optional ceramic brakes
- Zero to 60 mph in under 4 seconds
Standard safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- Front and head-extending side airbags
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo.
Asking Price Range