2003 Lamborghini Murcielago

9 city / 13 hwy

Overall

Spectacular styling--solid workmanship

by Listo from Bloomington, MN | April 30, 2012

Spectacular exterior styling and it attracts a lot of attention on the road. Feels solid and well built. No rattles in this 9 year old car. Starts and runs well. Steering and brakes are not over-assisted -- you can feel the road and feel connected with it. This is a manual and it takes a bit of work to get smooth with it, but it too has a very solid metallic and mechanical feel. The traction control is a bit sensitive and seems best if turned off when just cruising on dry roads. I put it on if road is wet or has more curves. Visability out the back is poor as expected. Because it attracts attention, you do have to watch the blind spots for other drivers hanging back and taking pictures and videos. Seats are a tight fit and I would not recommend the car for anyone who is a bit overweight. I am 6'2" and 180 pounds and it is a bit tight at first, but, after driving a couple of hundred miles in it, I have settled into the feeling and actually like the snug fit -- I am well contained in the seat in corners. This car has a tuned exhaust and it is loud, but you can carry on a normal conversation in the car, but, truth be told, everyone and myself so far have just been enjoying the sound of the V-12 especially in tunnels with the windows down. Overall, this is a dream car for me and I am not disappointed so far. I am not sure about routine maintenance. I expect that it could be spendy, but I have a shop manual for it coming (which I have for all of my cars) and I am purchasing a four-point lift designed for cars like this for my home garage and will probably do most the routine stuff myself -- that will be half the fun for me. These are not cheap cars and you expect the workmanship to be better than good. I am pleased to say that I think this is the best built car I have ever owned and hope to have a great summer of driving.

Featured Services for this Lamborghini Murcielago