2009 Lamborghini Murcielago
The Murcielago LP640 is the larger of the two models offered by Lamborghini (the other is the Gallardo). Murcielagos come in coupe and roadster styles. Both the Murcielago and Gallardo have an exterior and interior personalization program called Ad Personam.
New for 2009
There are no significant changes for the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 for 2009.
The Murcielago has a wedge-shaped profile and features scissors-style doors hinged above the front wheel wells. Other than the steel roof and door panels, the coupe's bodywork is composed largely of carbon fiber and is built over a frame made of high-strength steel tubing. The roadster features a canvas roof.
The mirrors are mounted on long arms so the driver can see beyond the prominent rear fenders. They can be folded back electronically. A number of visible air intakes and vents help cool the engine and the brakes. Two active intakes at the rear use a Variable Airflow Cooling System that permits changes in the aperture to accommodate different driving conditions. The rear spoiler can move into three distinct positions.
- 18-inch wheels with performance tires
- Auto-dimming, heated mirrors
- Bi-xenon high-intensity-discharge headlamps
- Centered, chrome-finished exhaust
Two occupants get leather-upholstered seats. The driver faces a three-spoke, leather-wrapped steering wheel. All instruments are grouped on a single, electronically controlled panel.
Ad Personam's interior offering on the Murcielago is a unique, untreated leather interior that will age and — intentionally — change color over time. An interior Carbon Package is optional.
- Available leather or Alcantara simulated suede upholstery
- Leather dash, headliner and door trim
- Chrome, piano black or carbon fiber interior accents
- Automatic climate control
- Power windows, locks and keyless entry
- Auto-dimming review mirror
- Optional navigation system
- Optional Alcantara headliner
Under the Hood
Lamborghini says the Murcielago can roar from zero to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds and reach a top speed beyond 205 mph. Lamborghini's six-speed manual transmission can be operated by an "E-gear" system that eliminates the clutch pedal. This gearbox delivers electrohydraulic sequential shifting. Twin paddles on the steering column yield upshifts and downshifts, while a Reverse button is mounted on the dashboard.
The Murcielago can be equipped with carbon-ceramic brakes. Weight distribution is 42 percent in the front and 58 percent at the rear.
- 632-horsepower, 6.5-liter V-12 with 487 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard six-speed manual transmission
- Optional six-speed automatic transmission with manual-shift controls
- All-wheel drive
- Adaptive air suspension
- Speed-sensitive steering
- Optional ceramic brakes
Safety features include:
- Side-impact airbags
- Antilock brakes with Brembo calipers
- Traction control
- Integrated rollover protection (on roadster)
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Lamborghini Murcielago
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.