2003 Land Rover Range Rover

12 city / 17 hwy

Overall

Great versatile car!

by Discovery lover from Ohio, USA | April 7, 2013

Great car, owned for years, very reliable, commands respect, great looking. Towed my boat, love the double sunroofs, the skylights - so unique and so capable! No major issues in 30,000 miles, car is strong & tough. Love it like the day I bought it!

Disco II

by Ron from California | April 11, 2012

Well built SUV. Rugged and Elegant. Handles all weather and terrain well. We've driven this car through deep heavy snow and also through rain and flood type conditions. But the classic body styling gives it elegance and style!

WHOLE LOT OF TRUCK

by MIGHTY MIKE from NEW JERSEY | May 9, 2011

OVERALL I CANT COMPLAIN, THIS TRUCK GROWS ON YOU.ALTHOUGH IT IS KINDA PRICEY WHEN COMING TO REPLACE OR REPAIR ANYTHING.BUT I HAVE NO REGRETS PURCHASING THIS VEHICLE. ITS BEEN A PLEASURE SO FAR.OWNED IT FOR A YEAR AND A HALF AND DONT PLAN ON GIVING IT UP ANY TIME SOON.

Serious Gas Hog

by The Ol'Sarge from Independence, MO | December 14, 2010

Has features you never heard of but two real problems. Seems to be always listed as "4WD". It is not, it is AWD. All 4 tires, ALL the time. Gas mileage. AWD + V8 = terrible gas mileage. Common things are too proprietary. Wheel sizes, for example. Good side. Suspension is rock solid. You can't break it. Immediate response with steering. I love it but wish it were in a V6 or at least go from 4WD to 2WD for flat terrain or highway driving. As it is, I'll be keeping the economy car. The Discovery will be for special occasions.

Love my Disco II

by Disco D from Seattle, WA | July 22, 2010

Bought a 2001 Disco II late April and it is a great vehicle if you can handle the typical LR issues.

I have loved this suv

by buckshot from northern Illinois | April 1, 2009

I don't usually review these vehicles, but just had to on this one. I've owned this Discovery now for over 3 years. I bought it with 89000 miles and it was in excellent condition. It now has 106000 miles and still in excellent condition. What I think I like most about it is the comfort in the drivers seat. My wife doesn't care for it cause she is small and it doesn't fit her but I love the seat and the driving position I can obtain with it. I just feel so comfortable in that seat. The gas milage wasn't too bad for a second car that was just my local get around car and the one I used the most to go hunting in locally. I got around 15 mpg I think, maybe up to 18 on the road but rarely used it for a long trip. It doesn't have a lot of pick up and get up and go but it isn't supposed to. I used it to pull my trailer and quads and tractors etc. It has been super reliable with no problems at all. It has plenty of room in the back and the kids liked the stadium seating. What I guess I liked the least about it was how all the buttons and dials and insturments and methods of adjusting them is all backwards from what you are used to here in the states with US made cars. I've gotten used to it though. My other vehicle is a Jeep Grand Cher. and it is much more responsive in the snow and challenging traction conditions. It seems to me that the European cars at least the Land Rovers are just a little bit behind the US cars in technology but again I really like this Discovery and would definately get one again for a second vehicle to do some heavy duty work locally

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Timebomb

by Tripnjive from Virginia | January 13, 2008

While no one comes close to Land Rover in Off-Road engineering, the overall reliability of the car is suspect. I bought my Discovery II (2001 SD model)one year old, used. Problems encountered: leaking windshield (twice), engine trouble (twice), Basic electronics (window motor, blinkers, etc), and transmission issues. I bought it as a toy, and as a status item. It can still be fun as the weekend offroader. But as reliable family transpo, you shouldn't risk it. Mine is seven years old and requires an engine rebuild now which may cost more than the vehicle is worth. Add in the fact that the testy engine can take only premium fuel, and the fact the 4.0L is less than responsive, I'd look at an older 108 or Defender model, where at least maintenance is expected and the vehicle is not supposed to get you and your child safely between A and B.

In love with my Rover

by Land Rover Lover from Springfield, MO | November 19, 2007

I only gave the Discovery 4 stars for performance because it's a bit sluggish for a V8 going from a full-stop and accelerating. But it is a very heavy duty SUV and quite sturdy, so I understand it has to get some momentum going. Once your moving, it really moves. No hesitation on steep hills or for passing other cars. Really a gorgeous car!!!

Great Car!!!!

by Love My Rover from Springfield, MO | October 12, 2007

I love this car because I feel it embodies the true spirit of an SUV. You get the comforts of a luxury vehicle, but with true sport and utility use as well. It's not a prissy SUV, but it's definitely no clunker!!!!!

Good Suv

by DjDex from Chicago | June 18, 2006

This car is like a train on tracks. It is like a fridge in the summer and a sauna in the winter. Lovely car to drive and very safe car to drive. This is affordable luxury for the distingushed driver.