2003 Land Rover Discovery

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Beautiful but expensive

by Jambones from Toronto, Ontario | February 10, 2014

A beautiful design, inside and out. Comfortable and spacious. The FWD will take you anywhere. But very unreliable, expensive to maintain, the useless roof rack is unreachable for all but the tallest.

this car needs attention

by not too thrilled from upstate,n.y | August 17, 2013

this car runs ok ,but when it needs repair it can be costly.so beware .it needs attention and when you don't give it ,you will find yourself looking for a ride from somebody!!

Rovers excite

by Rover lover from PA | December 15, 2012

I love my rover discovery, we have a 2003 and 2001 plus an old series. i would get a small car to save on gas for everyday trips, but ill never buy another make for suv

Great

by Owner from MN | August 15, 2012

The Disco has always treated me fair. Sure, there are things that go up on it, but with proper care, most things can be prevented. We love it!!

SPORTY YET TRENDY, DIFFERENT THAN THE NORM!

by DISCOVERY JUNKIE from TOLEDO, OH | December 27, 2011

A SPORTY AND TRENDY SUV THAT IS A LOT OF CAR FOR THE MONEY WHEN YOU LOOK AT WHAT YOU CAN BUY A NICE ONE FOR COMPARED TO WHAT THEY COST NEW. COMFORTABLE OVERALL IF YOU ARE LESS THAN 6 FEET TALL AND WEIGH LESS THAN 200 LBS. IF YOU ARE OVER THOSE NUMBERS, YOU WILL NOT BE COMFORTABLE. I HAVE OWNED MULTIPLE DISCO'S. MY LAST ONE CAUGHT ON FIRE, BUT I AM STILL BACK FOR MORE! WORST PART OF THESE CARS IS THE MAINTENANCE....DO NOT BUY ONE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BIG WALLET. THEY ARE EXPENSIVE, LEAK OIL AND OTHER FLUIDS LIKE CRAZY, HAVE HEADGASKET ISSUES, DRIVESHAFT ISSUES, AND ALL KINDS OF OTHER STUFF. IF YOU ARE PREPARED TO SPEND ALMOST AS MUCH TIME IN A SHOP AS YOU DRIVE IT, IT'S FOR YOU! KEEP A SPARE CHEAP HONDA ACCORD AROUND AS A SECOND CAR SO YOU CAN DRIVE IT WHILE THE ROVER IS IN THE SHOP! GREAT CARS, AWESOME OFF ROAD, INCREDIBLE 4X4, BUT NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!

Loving this Rover

by Land Lover from Burlington,NC | December 26, 2011

This is my second Land Rover. I had a 98 just wanted to upgrade to a new model. I now have the 2003.

Excellent 4x4

by Tomahawk from Texas | September 18, 2011

I purchased this vehicle to get around town with the family and do a little 4 wheeling occasionally. I love this vehicle. It is comfortable, stylish and gets a lot of looks on the street. It only has 58K miles. So far, I have had no issues with the vehicle at all. I look for excuses just to drive it. It sits high and with all it's windows, you get an excellent view of the road and surrounding areas. It has good power and quick take off. Plenty of room for the family. Lots of cargo space.

Love it, but get the extended warranty

by My Wife's Disco from Northfield, IL | July 29, 2011

So I made the mistake of handing my '04 Range Rover over to my new bride. I regreted it instantly and began a search for a car she'd love enough to give me back the RR. I found it in the Disco, a car I've always loved, but is a bit narrow for me. The Disco is completely unique. The design both inside and out is first rate. The interior is high end, with gauges and buttons all logically placed. People complain about the power window/heated seat switches, but once you get used to it -- and you will -- it's fine. Kids love the third row...prefer it to the 2nd row, in fact. This is a must if you have kids, tool around their friends, etc. Exterior, there's no other SUV quite like it. Virtually everyone I talk to says the '03-04 styling if far superior to the dramatic changes they made for '05 to current. Those updates sacrificed the prior model's unique cache'-ness. The newer ones look just like any other SUV. Mechallically, yes it's going to require maitenance just like any other car. Yes, it is more expensive to maintain than others, and yes, the milage sucks If that's your concern, you wouldn't even be considering a Land Rover (Avg. 14.8mpg in mixed driving). Within a few months of buying my '03 in April, 2011 (70,000 miles, SE7, $9,000), the power window switch on the passenger side failed, as did the heated seat on the passenger side. New brakes are expensive -- rear brakes were about $1300 and I'll need new front ones soon too. There was a host of other, relatively minor things and totaled up to about $2000. GET THE EXTENDED WARRENTY. I got mine through DirectBuy. 3 years of coverage for $1600. Paid for itself on the first service. The only thing my wife hates -- and I mean truly hates -- is the turning radius. It's beyond terrible. But that's it. I absolutely LOVE the Land Rover brand and love to have the Range Rover and Disco in the driveway. Get the extended warranty, and don't let the bashers get to you. It's a great brand, great SUV, and a great price (so long as you go used).

I love the style, but not reliable with age

by moka1327 from Los Angeles, CA | March 17, 2011

I love Land Rovers. I think the style is so cool, and the 2003 Discovery is the last car to be designed in this unique way before the LR3 took over. I just love how distinctive my car looks, and EVERYONE remembers my car, but it is in the shop a lot (every 4 months or so), and I've only driven it 65K in 8 yrs. It doesn't break down completely - just little things break here and there that need to be addressed. However, that being said the cost of these little things breaking all the time does add up. Just keep that in mind when you get one. But believe me, the car is just beautiful if you don't mind taking it in every few months for various little repairs.

Design, Style

by SOGONIA from Chicago | October 4, 2010

I am very satisfied with this car. What else do I have to tell you? I mean I love any of Land Rover. Land Rover Discovery is one of top design and style vehicle ever made in car industry. The more order is the more unique innovation car. I am going to tell you one thing that is Land Rover is my life saver. Do you want to know what is the meaning? Please just drive any Land Rover and you get the point what I mean.

Featured Services for this Land Rover Discovery