2008 Land Rover LR2

2008 Land Rover LR2
Available in 2 styles:  2008 Land Rover LR2 4dr AWD shown

16 city / 23 hwy

Overall

Take care of the car and it'll take care of you!

by SheShe from Owings Mills, MD | May 18, 2016

I bought my LR2 new in 2008! It has never given me serious issues (a hose had yo be replaced that initially mimicked a blown head gasket but it was merely a $100 hose repair)! That's the only issue I've had in 8 years! Take care of the car and it'll take care of you!! If you keep your maintenance up, oil changes as required it's NO PROBLEM! I hear it's on of the best made Land Rovers ever! I've owned 3 models and must say I'm in for life! Great car all around!!!

regretted it from day one

by WOW from Indianapolis, IN | March 29, 2016

Wow. What can I say. I guess this is Karma getting me for not keeping my Subaru. Worst care you'll ever buy...unless you have a bottomless wallet to fix things that are severely overpriced, and the "luxury additions" are highly unnecessary. Had this car 2 weeks. coolant leaking, fob not work, engine line blinging, tires deflating, sluggish and obnoxious. terrible car. Its a joke. once i pay this stipid car off I am going back to subaru

Only had it a month

by Hankster from Raleigh, NC | October 22, 2015

I've been impressed by the fit and finish, the brakes, and how tight the vehicle feels with almost 110,000 miles on it. I was surprised at how responsive the steering is. Just this morning I had to make an evasive maneuver...no problem. I can make a 300 mile trip without having to stop for gas. So far I really like it.

Solid so far!

by NEPA LR2 Guy from North Eastern PA | August 6, 2014

I purchased my 2008 LR 2 last year with 48k on it and now have almost 76k. I will average about 35k per year. It has been very reliable so far. I drove it a lot in rough snow and it handled as well as any SUV I've owned, and I've owned Subaru's and Pathfinders. Overall it's been a very solid and reliable car. We'll see if it stands up to the 150k mileage I plan to put on it. So far so good.

Never had a problem!

by LlamingtonRover from Madison, WI | February 29, 2012

I purchased my 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE in November of 2010. I got a an amazing price for it, and it was loaded. I have changed the oil twice, and have put about 17,000 miles on it since I purchased it. I don't have any complaints besides the gas mileage, but then again, it is a Land Rover, so I should have known what I was getting when I purchased it. :)

Would not buy another

by LR hater from Phoenix | December 16, 2011

Not worth the money to buy the name. Poor road handling, good off road. Poor performance for the brand

Doesn't Live Up 2 What You Would Expect

by Landrover_Doctor from Washington, DC | September 12, 2011

I purchased a 2008 Land Rover LR2 in 2009. I've had the vehichle almost 3 years and I am ready to get rid of it. Pros: 1. most people never have seen it and always ask questions 2. Has been dependable 3. Great moonroofs 4. Bragging rights that you drive a Land Rover 5. Excellent is snow!!! 6. Parking sensors standard Cons: 1. Fuel is terrible (after 3 years I am just getting 18.3 mpg I should have bought a Range Rover if I wanted really horrible mpg) 2. Tires and mount/balance are at least $1200 everytime you need a set 3. 2nd moonroof does retract 4. small legroom for rear passengers and trunk space when hauling people or items 5. Only 6-way power driver seat and 4-way passenger seat (what a serious joke for an expensive SUV ) 6. Bluetooth/Xenon headlights are not standard 7. Accessories are very expensive and installation at the dealerships is very expensive 8. the mesh moonroof shade still lets a lot of sun in 9. Radio has glitches sometimes whe trying to find certain stations 10. No powerlift even as an option 11. No locking glovebox 12. Windshield wipes blades are extremely expensive and the wipes speed is still slow when on high speed and makes visibility in a hard rain or snow storm unbearable This SUV has been just ok. We have not had many service issues however it sounds loud and engine is very noticeable with the radio off. LR2 require premium fuel and replacing battery and remotes are very Costly. If you dont live in New England or a very snowy climate you will not appreciate this SUV, it would be a total waste of money.

GPS and Brakes

by Joe from Ridgeland, MS | July 7, 2011

I purchase the LR2, lightly us4ed and love the quite ride. Gas milage is good on the highway, but the GPS system is about ten years behind. The manual is all but impossible to understand and it state that it can not guide you through section of town that have been mapped for over twenty years. I even payed for an update, but it was no better. I notice that I got a lot of black powder on the wheels from the brake pads and so I had a full break job preformed at the dealer. The black powder comes out on the aluminium wheel just as bad, requiring washing them at least once a week. It seem that they must be made to wear away quite fast. I might add that on the break job I had to replace the rotors, as I was told that even though they were not damaged, they could not be turned. I was raised in the auto industry and feel that we either have a pig in a poke or we need a new product in the break pads.

a serious truck

by vtskibum from ny, ny | September 24, 2010

Must say that after driving on hyway as well as back roads, this truck is worth it. handles great in snow of any depth as I found getting out of a parking spot after being plowed-in by Municipal snow plows overnite. Got right out!( after getting in from passenger side) A few cons I noticed: no accessory position to open/close windows without starting car....have to start it to do anything! trunk release is akward: need to hold 2 buttons simultaneously for about 4-5 seconds before it releases.?? whats up with that?? also, could use a center console instead of 3 bottle holders

LR2 is a great value

by Cobrak from Greensboro, NC | October 13, 2009

Great ride, very good handling, content and economy above average with LR looks. Acceleration is adequate and still strong off road with All Terrain system.