2012 Land Rover LR2
Starting MSRP $35,700
The five-seat LR2 is a compact luxury SUV, like the Acura RDX and BMW X3. It provides a less expensive alternative to Land Rover's other pricier offerings.
The LR2 is powered by a 230-horsepower inline-six-cylinder engine. Off-road ability gets a boost thanks to permanent four-wheel drive that can distribute nearly all engine power to the front or rear wheels.
New for 2012
There are no significant changes for 2012.
From the adjoined headlights to the squared-off rear, the LR2 looks like a shrunken Range Rover. With 8.3 inches of ground clearance and a 31-degree approach angle, the LR2 is more off-road-capable than the RDX and X3. Exterior features include:
- Two-piece panoramic moonroof
- Optional 19-inch wheels
Last year, the LR2 gained a redesigned instrument cluster. Two rows of seats accommodate five occupants. Interior features include:
- Standard dual-zone automatic climate control
- Standard leather upholstery
- Standard power front seats
Under the Hood
The LR2's 3.2-liter inline-six-cylinder generates 230 hp and 234 pounds-feet of torque. Mechanical features include:
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Four-wheel drive
- Towing capacity of 3,500 pounds when properly equipped
Safety features include:
- Standard four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Standard side-impact airbags for the front seats, side curtain airbags and driver's knee airbag
- Standard electronic stability system with Roll Stability Control
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Land Rover LR2
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.