2005 Land Rover LR3

Available in 2 styles:  2005 Land Rover LR3 AWD shown

14 city / 18 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Little things that bother you!

by Bill4500 from Mesa AZ | April 22, 2014

I love my 2005 LR3 one day, then want to trade it in the next. It has been a pleasure to drive but it has been the little things that annoy me. From 90,000 miles to 105,000 miles I have had the following things go bad or break. Front glove box handle broke ($250) Broken stereo button (CD fast forward) living with it, passenger rear window goes down from drivers button but won't go up. It does go up if you use that window button, living with it, Low windshield wiper fluid indicator comes on when I start it even though it's not low. Front air shock went bad, $350 to replace. Bought part on amazon for $275. Paid a mechanic $75 to install. Back handle on storage compartment broke off. $27 part at land rover dealership. Put on myself! Two of my plastic exterior moldings come off in the car wash. Both were run over by other cars and ruined. $210 for both moldings. I replaced my self!

Great winter vehicle

by Old Scots Guy from MD | December 5, 2011

Great car, but the dealer was a total waste of good skin holding a body together. I'm using this so that I can keep my convertible;e garaged over the winter.

Land Rover LR3

by geckert from Folsom, CA | October 11, 2011

Land Rover's are awesome cars and this is the second one I have owned. My last car was a 1997 Land Rover Discovery. I bought it with 117000 miles for 6K, drove it for 5 years, and sold it to my friend with 216000. He still drives it daily and I loved it. Basic mechanical issues with miles, but trips to the Land Rover recycle yard helps control repair cost's. Land Rovers are great cars, but it also is helpful to know someone who can work on them for a discount! Bought my LR3 in mint condition but with 113000 on it. Looks and drives like brand new and I plan on getting another 100K out of it easly. When it comes to Land Rovers, buy well maintained used ones that others paid a premium for the initial maintenance that comes within the first 50-100K miles. You can't go wrong if you get the right Land Rover and at the right price. I will always drive a Land Rover, as they have proven to be long lasting SUV's that also hold an image of excellence. It doesn't matter how old or beat up your Land Rover is, people will say "you drive a Land Rover."

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Luxury and Dependability!

by LUV this Vehicle from Los Angeles, CA | August 20, 2011

I've had my LR3 for 6 years now and still love it! Very dependable, safe, no major problems -- just regular maintenance. LR3 has best visability of any vehicle I've ever driven, very comfortable with lots of luxury.

ELEGANT OFFROAD MONSTER

by OFFDUTY from PALOS HILLS, IL | May 19, 2011

OFFROAD MONSTER. U CANT FIND ANOTHER LUXURY VEHICLE WHAT CAN HANDLE OFFROAD AS GOOD AS LR3. LUV IT FOR THAT. NOW GET READY FOR THE BAD PART: FUEL ECONOMY 12MPG-CITY 18-HIGHWAY. IF U WANT TO KEEP THE RIDE SMOOTH GET READY TO SPEND A FORTUNE TIRES BRAKES NEEDS TO BE REPLACED EVERY YEAR. STABILITY CONTROL IF U DONT GO OFFROAD -JUST IGNORE IT (THE LIGHT IS ALLWAYS ON). OH AND DONT FORGET ALL PARTS AVALABLE MOSTLY AT THE DEALER$$$. AUTOZONE OR PEPBOYS DONT HAVE ANY;) AND FINAL "DO NOT GET ONE" STATEMENT: LOOK UNDER THE RARE BUMPER. THERE IS A HUGE PIECE OF STEEL WEIGHT HANGING, THATS HOW MUCH IT TAKES TO HAVE THIS CAR BALANCED. IM NOT KIDDING. WHEN U GO BUY ONE JUST LOOK;(((((( AND THATS FACTORY MADE.

Uses car for Off-roading

luxury offroad

by andyrover from Canberra Australia | October 28, 2010

This car combines all you want in a luxury car with some pretty tough offroad features: low gears, traction control and abs brakes, air suspension which lets you raise it up for extra clearance and a great transmission (ZF 6 speed) which almost thinks for you, unless you put it in manual shift mode. I am very happy with it and I notice only now other manufacturers are coming out with similar features, the new Jeep and Nissan Patrol for example, so it has taken them 5 years to catch up!

Second best Vehicle I have ever owned

by LR3 SE Review from Virginia | December 19, 2009

After going through my second snow storm in this truck, I have to say that this thing will not get stuck or fly off the road like a car or pickup. With good tires, or bald tires, it will keep you on the road. The only way to get stuck is to try and try again. My next LR3 will have the 3rd row seating, but it is still a good people hauler with only 2 rows. The first best car was an Audi allroad 2.7. That was not an off road vehicle but it was so comfortable and safe!!

Great Truck

by louieK from Milwaukee, WI | November 18, 2009

I have never seen a better off road vehicle. It is truly amazing. It goes from the gun club to the country club. It's fit and finish is the best I have seen. I am really impressed with this truck!

Awesome Off and on Roader!

by audiot from Wisconsin | November 11, 2009

The best vehicle for on and off road performance, hands down. It goes through the snow like a banshee, and it drives around town like a luxury SUV should. I like the third row and stadium style seating. I am a six footer, and I fit comfortably in all three rows. The fit and finish is just as good as the Germans like BMW and Audi. I think ford did a great job turning Land Rover around. I hope Tata continues what Ford did.

Best all-round for the bucks...

by OBoy from Corpus Christi, TX | August 29, 2009

I'Ve owned many Land Rovers over the years from Range Rover to the Discovery I Series. It took a while to get used to the smooth air ride of the LR3 after bouncing around in the Discovery for years. It kinda made me feel like the truck was more luxury than off road. I must say that I love the LR3 and am buying another but in HSE trim with all the bells and whistles. I have had no issues with my LR3 or my Range Rover Sport to date. The LR3 (I've found out) is more than capable of anything that I throw its way on or off road. Awesome 4x4, great handling with the correct tires, good navigation, great stereo and DVD - and most important - lots of cup holders! It's great all around as I can take it out to fine dine or to the beach and back roads. You need one to know what I'm talking about. Other than the gas issue (the RR Sport is so much better on mpg) I am an LR fan!

Featured Services for this Land Rover LR3