2006 Land Rover LR3

14 city / 18–19 hwy

Overall

Repair Bills!

by AZRover from Tucson, AZ | October 21, 2013

We leased a 2006 LR# for 3 Years and it was the most enjoyable vehicle we have ever owned. The week we went to turn in the lease; rear A/C went out, rear hatch would not open at all, air suspension locked in low position, radio broken. All-on-all a great vehicle IF you can afford to maintain it! I'm very leery owning one out of warranty.

Uses car for Off-roading

Great Vehicle...almost

by Will45 from Phoenix, AZ | October 9, 2013

Bought a used 2005 LR3 with 80,000 miles and it now has 99,000. So far it has been very reliable except for the side molding at the bottom of the doors, which keeps coming off. The first time was in the car wash and the second was four wheeling. Both times it cost me $130 to replace as the car wash one was ran over and the other was lost. This seems to be a common problem and I wish they would fix it. Other than that it has been super comfortable, reliable and gas mileage is pretty good, about 16 mixed.

Best car I've ever owned

by Parker from Williamsport ,pa | February 9, 2013

Bought an 05 lr3 five years ago with 48,000 on it. It now has 110,000. A few minor problems at 55,000, none since. Great SUV!

06 LR3

by Land explorer from Williston,VT | March 12, 2011

I recently purchased a 06 LR3. Though there have been some minor issue (they have an electrical mind of their own...ie "suspention fault" when cold and then corrected when warm, and by cold I mean -10 degrees), I love this vehicle. It only gets on average 12-14 mpg and with gas prices going up it not that practical, but I have a 8 mile round trip communte. It has been great for all the things I wanted it for (more room, storage, capabilities) and has yet to not deliver when asked to perform. I would highly advise you look at one if your in this market.....if your not in this market.....look the other way

Best in Class

by Working Truck from Tampa, FL | February 2, 2011

For those who wrote that this vehicle is unreliable I would say GO TO YOUR DEALER! The suspension issues that caused the tire wear were fixed with a software update in 2007 and the suspension compressor failure was fixed by TATA motors (who bought Land Rover two years ago) with a higher quality compressor that is 50% larger than the original. All covered under warranty....the fuel tank issue was limited to a run of 100+ vehicles...compare that to the multitude of recalls which other brands have suffered recently, all of which are major safety issues! The LR3 is a fantastic vehicle which will treat you well even if you are rough with it...the Land Rover dealers will treat you with dignity and respect..not something other competing brands did for us when our previous cars had out of warranty or warranty issues. No other vehicle is as capable off road and as smooth on road. Our highway mpg averages between 19-20 and our city mpg never falls below 15...and the competitors do no better and fail to deliver the ride, safety or even cubic feet of cargo. We love this vehicle and will not hesitate to buy the newest!

Excellent vehicle

by Multiple SUV owner from Houston TX | September 27, 2010

2006 SE Have 60K now, purchased used with 18K, have owned for 3 years. Only problem was the first week of ownership and it was minor: leaking windshield fluid tank! Have only replaced tires once (at 50K) and one brake job (at 50K) & the brake job was expensive and LR insisted on replacing rotors on all brake jobs. I was worried about buying a Rover based on other opinions, but my experience has been great & would purchase a LR again. Vehicle is tight, versatile and luxurious.

Very expensive

by LOVE MY LR3 from | September 25, 2010

i love my lr3 and with 4 kids the 3rd row is very nice!! we have 4 cars i have my lr3 and range rover sport(love that to) my range rover is my work car and my lr3 is my family car. my wife has the lr2 and a jeep commander. the commander has all the same features as my lr3 does but was alot less in sence of money!! i am about to give my lr3 to my son and perchase a new lr4!! if you have the money i recomend the lr3!!! if you dont have the money i recomend the commander

Luxury SUV Built Like a Rock

by Luxury SUV Enthusiast from Silver Spring, MD | May 28, 2010

We have three cars, one of which is an LR3. They are built solid as a rock and has a ton of standard features that are really meant for convenience and impress. It's a really well-priced big bang-for-your-buck kind of an suv. We've never experienced a problem with it.

Take seriously

by Joe from Georgia | February 19, 2010

Having owned a 2003 Discovery, the LR3 is a vast improvement over the disco. All's I can say is buyer beware. Only buy used because of steep depreciation value. After these land rovers reach 50k and the warranty is up, everything starts to break. Both my 03 and 07 have been disasters,and completely unreliable. LR has only caused me stress, time and money at the dealership. These are the coolest vehicles on the road, but you will pay dearly to own it! good luck

no problems at all eighty thousand lots of offroad

by best car ever from california | December 15, 2009

the best car I have ever owned,no problems. Tire problem,yes but moved over to Nitto Grapplers great tire. We have about 5000 off road miles and use it hard. The car has no rattles are vibration tight are the day we bought it. Also love the dealership,some of the best people we have ever worked with. We are looking at having two for the family we can not see the point of buying any other car.

Featured Services for this Land Rover LR3