2011 Land Rover LR4

12 city / 17 hwy

Overall

Ignored all the signs

by Sucker from Waukesha | August 13, 2013

I am embarrassed to admit that I fell for the Land Rover mystique. I asked people who owned LR and RRs about the vehicles and they all said "Love/Hate" relationship. Now I totally understand why. Bought the car new in 2010 and have 41,000 miles on it. The expense of taking care of normal wear and tear is tedious. Panels have fallen off, the seat came apart, TPMS goes off all the time, multiple brakes. Compared to other cars I've owned, on a good day the LR4 is way below average. I do love to drive it, great on the freeway and fun to buzz around town. I've taken it on some long trips and it has been a pleasure. It it the overriding fear that something major is about to go wrong that dampens my enthusiasm. You can kid yourself all you want, this thing always has its hand on your wallet. Warranty up @ 50,000 miles and the mechanic at the dealership laughed about the problems we will have. Think long and hard about purchasing the LR4...it is not a vehicle for the faint of heart. If you do buy this car, remember that I "told you so" If by chance, we hold onto to it for another couple of years, I will give an update on our post warranty experience. The dealership is putting together the info on the extended right now and will get that when we pick it up (again) from the shop. Did I mention it has an incredible sound system? Need to end on a high note.

LR4

by Demanding Consumer from Las Vegas | December 11, 2011

Great vehicle. Design, performance, comfort are all great. Technology is also very nice. Enjoy the room and comfort as well. Radio is excellent. Love this vehicle.

LR-4 Great SUV

by Yampa from NW IL and NW CO | November 21, 2011

Vehicle driven 5000 miles . Awesome. Both on road and off road. It is nimble and agile in the city parking lots with great space inside. Comfortable seating for 7. Fuel performance matches or exceeds EPA estimates.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

1st SUV

by Angie from Los Angeles, CA | September 6, 2011

Had been looking to purchase my first SUV after driving BMW cars my entire life. After test driving the Lexus RX, BMW X5, Audi Q5, Mercedes M, Porsche Cayenne, and Lastly the Landrover LR4. I decided on the Landrover. I absolutely LOVE this truck. It looks amazing inside and out, drives so smooth, very roomy, has a third row and all the features I desire. I have had no problems since purchase and cannot see myself purchasing any other SUV.

We love our new LR4

by We love our LR4 from Indianapolis | August 17, 2011

Great value in this price point for a large SUV. Styling and interior are greatly improved over the LR3.

Better than I expected

by First Timer from San Antonio, TX | July 7, 2011

It has been two months since I bought the 2011 LR4 HSE with lux package. The ride quality of 2011 LR4 HSE Lux is just nice. The little refrigerator in the middle is a 'plus' for my kids. Compare to the Acura MDX and Infiniti QX56 that I also own, I rather drive the LR4 due to the power and comfort. However, you need an engineering degree to operate the navigation and audio interfaces. Compare to the MDX and QX56, it felt like the Land Rover took the technology and took step back 5 years instead of going forward 5 years. If it was possible, I would taken the nav/audio from the QX56 and install in the LR4, then LR4 would be a 'perfect' SUV.

3rd Landrover

by Land Rover owner from Nashville, TN | May 18, 2011

Loved my 2007 LR3 HSE and like the 2011 LR4 even better - now that LR is no longer owned by Ford - they have added back the trim that LR owners should have, i.e., real wood trim and other interior upgrades

Featured Services for this Land Rover LR4