2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Range Rover Evoque

by Graham from New Harbor, Maine | April 15, 2014

Great car for the money !!! As much fun to drive as my Dodge Charger !!! The 2 door coupe makes a great statement where ever I go !!! A real guys car with plenty of room for friends in back !!!

Beautiful design and enough PEP on a 2000cc

by Zaspi from New Jesrsey | June 30, 2013

I have the Evoque now for 8 months and what I like the most is the general look and the window on the roof! is grate for driving in NYC!. Can't really complaint much on the odds except for the navigator -a real disaster, see end of review-. This is a pretty compact car with an amazing design that manages to reach lots of comfortable spaces on a relatively small volume. Front seats a comfortable and almost perfect for most regular size guys and probably most women. I am 6'2' and not too big but my buttock doesn't not fit in the seat which is rather narrow and I can feel the need for some additional space everyday. Back seats look pretty tight but will seat 2 or even 3. Narrow entrance but once seated, even adult size rear passengers will go comfortable. The engine response push is pretty impressive given 4 cylinder and small size but is not that economical (12 liters for every 100 Km or 19 Mpg) so I believe would run much better on a V6 with similar consumption. Idle tends to become unstable pretty soon and this is a challenge. I have also tried the 4WD on ice, snow and some mud and yes is good, but no, is not a classical Land Rover . . . GPS: is the most annoying piece in this car. I even tried to change it but surprise! The Evoque windshield blocks the signal for your portable Tom Tom or Garmin and thus, you are obliged to hook on this useless slow, inaccurate, lack of information and proper mapping rubbishy tool. It is not friendly, it has no POIs, It will send you for the worst possible roads, it will make you do stupid things and it will not tell you about the traffic in any useful way...I always wander why a company like LR cannot use a known manufacturer like Tom Tom or even Garmin to provide such and important tool as the GPS...??? Bottom line, if you are a couple w/o kids or with small children and you are not also too big on the buttocks, you will love this sport nice looking car. just have to learn endure the terrible GPs... For other needs including performance, look also at Volvo CX 60 (I had one and is great!) or Audi Q5.

Awesome Ride

by Evoque fan from Orange County, California | February 17, 2013

Love the ride. The Evoque is very comfortable to drive. It's interior is upscale and gas mileage is decent. The only negative thing was some lagging ( 2-4 seconds) with the navigation. Overall, a good buy!

Amazing SUV out does the BMW, Audi and Porsche

by San Diego Mike from San Diego | September 21, 2012

I purchased the 5 door Dynamic Evoque with MagneRide. Prior to the purchase I test drove the Audio Q5/Q7, BMW X3/X5 and the Porsche Cayenne. The BMW and Audi are just too boring, the Porsche was well a Porsche. The Evoque is something different. Sports car feel on road with the Range Rover off road capabilities. The only dislikes are the nav system is a bit slow at times. The rear window, although small, is no issue for me. Maybe because I am coming from an M6? The reliability is not an issue yet, time will tell. I do know that Land Rover have been running extensive tests on the Evoque for years. Heat, Cold, Mileage, etc and nothing has come up. Overall, I am loving the car. You either hate it or love it with this one. I am happy that a car manufacture actually made a concept car a reality!

So so pretty

by ATL G from ATL | August 18, 2012

Got the Dynamic firenze red with black roof and 20" wheels. It is the prettiest thing I've ever seen. Fuel efficiency has been great so far. The technology on it is amazing. Everyone keot telling me to get the beemer X3 because of lower base price, but they come with nothing. By the time you add comparable equipment, you are off by abotu a thounsand. At this range, that it not much. PLus the X3 looks like a skate and the Evque looks like a flex muscle. Not much competition.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Love it!

by Sherry from Warner Robins, ga. | July 25, 2012

I love the look of this car. I was in the market for a luxury SUV. I saw the Evoque on line and could not get it out of my head. I was in love. My husband wanted me to test drive a Lexus, BMW and a MDX. We end up driving over 2 hours to Atlanta to drive the Evoque. I came back a week later to purchase it. Mine is silver with black leather interior. I have had it 3 months and am still in love.

THE BEST

by Mack from | June 5, 2012

I've had four convertibles and this is "the best". It's quick, smooth, fun,reliable, good looking and good on gas. My wife get's 27mpg going to and from work in Houston traffic and on trips 33 and better. We both love it. For the money its a great buy.

I'm in love!

by JayMac from San Francisco, CA | May 24, 2012

I am so happy that I made this purchase. The surround camera system and the HDD navigation options are must haves! I love everything about this sharp SUV and from the looks it gets when I'm driving it, everyone else does too. Gotta love the gas mileage and the styling! I initially thought I was going to get the coupe, but I ended up purchasing a white 5 door. I think the 5 door version actually looks the best! Get one!

Evoque

by Range Rover Ev from new york, ny | March 28, 2012

Very good car, complete head turner, love it. One small issue, the computer on board is a little slow to react, when u press a button it takes a second to change radio stations or whatever else, besides that i love it and the toys that come with it.

Best car I've owned (so far)

by eastrnma from Boston, MA | January 13, 2012

The Evoque is a great drive with high-end features and finish make it a great value. The car is full of contradictions... its' small package handles and drives like a full size, and although there's limited storage space, the cabin is very comfortable for passengers. Can't wait to take it off-road and really tests its' capabilities.