2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

21 city / 30 hwy

Overall

9 Month Review

by AutoMotive from Princeton, NJ | November 3, 2014

My 2014 4-door Evoque is now entering its 9th month of service so I’ve had a little time to determine what I like and don’t like about car. Before purchasing my Evoque it took a long time for me to decide what I wanted to drive next. I was in no rush. Once I got behind the wheel of the Evoque for my first test drive I knew this was the car I had been waiting for. The instrumentation is clean with well organized dials and not overcomplicated. The test drive was a little bit more oversteer than I was used to but it was responsive on tight roads and quick to accelerate coming out of turns. The cropped view out of the rear view mirror was a little concerning but I knew it would be something with which I could grow accustomed. As an owner I am remain as pleased with the performance as I was during my test drive. In my opinion the exterior styling looks better than most everything on the road and I am not alone. When I was recently in China I noticed that the Evoque had become one of those cars that gets positioned at the front entrances of high end hotels. (This car is in a whole different price stratosphere in China.) Highlights beyond the great looking exterior styling include the ZF 9 speed transmission, the well organized center console area, the Meridian sound system, the touch controls on the steering wheel, the gas mileage (24mpg overall), highway driving, the engine shut-off feature, reliability (perfect so far), and the compliments I still get now and then. Areas that I could maybe use a little improving are few, but I’ll be here’s what I’ve got. The front seat interior storage is limited, the interior power turns off when the driver’s seat belt is detached, not when the car door is opened (not a big thing, but why?) and a slight turbo lag now and then. The view through the rear view mirror has not been a problem. Go test drive one.

Worst Car I have ever bought since 1976

by Golfer from San Antonio, Texas | July 6, 2014

To start, it broke down as my wife was entering the freeway with less than 20 miles on it. She almost got rear ended. Once I described how the car died to the salesman, he stated he knew the problem. A hose clamp probably came off. They say they inspect them before you pick it up. I returned it, and went and bought my wife a 2014 BMW 428I. Very reliable car.

1st suv

by Ty from New Mexico | May 24, 2014

So far no complaints with less then 1k driven. Very good power with turbo. Gas mileage could be better.

Beautiful!!!!

by Froggygd from San Diego | March 25, 2014

I just bought this car and love it so far. It drives amazingly. I'm excited to experience everything it has to offer. The meridian sound system is exceptional. The interior and exterior are luxurious. I've read some undesirable reviews but so far I'm happy with my decision.

Concept Car Beautiful

by Rovers from Chicago, IL | March 9, 2014

Mostly good. Styling inside and out are perfect. The media touch screen is slow, complicated, and in need of an update already! Second row is tight, (for occasional use only)! Seats are heavily bolstered. If you fit in them, great. If you don't, they're pretty uncomfortable. Car is reliable, so far. Always started. Gas mileage is a little under what it is rated, but it's an SUV. Super expensive. The Prestige cost me what a Rang Rover Sport base costs! Storage in the cabin is adequate. Not going to surprise you. Especially the trunk area. The panoramic roof is pretty cool, but it would be cooler if it could vent or open. I haven't been off roading, but plan to before the lease is up. This winter, the Evoque has handled the snow and ice exceptionally well. Only minor slips on severe black ice. I'm looking forward to the next three years with my Evoque.