Land Rover's venerable Range Rover can tackle tough off-road terrain that would foil less-capable SUVs, yet it still has the cachet to warrant a front-and-center parking space at an upscale hotel. Much of the Range Rover's style and off-road-ready hardware has carried over to the automaker's less expensive Range Rover Sport. To be clear, the Range Rover is unrelated to the Range Rover Sport.
New for 2011
Aside from changes to option package content and new exterior colors, there are no significant changes for 2011.
The Range Rover Sport features a two-bar grille and a large air intake flanked by LED headlights. Exterior features include:
- Standard 19-inch alloy wheels with low-profile tires
- Standard skid plates
- Standard rear spoiler
- 20-inch wheels optional
- Optional adaptive headlights swivel to better illuminate turns
A 5-inch LCD screen within the instrument cluster houses an information display. The Range Rover Sport's five-person interior is trimmed with simulated metal pieces; real wood trim is also available. Heated leather seats are optional, and power-adjustable side bolsters for the front seats are an option. Interior features include:
- Standard DVD-based navigation
- Optional upgraded Harman Kardon stereo
- Optional cooled box for drinks, etc.
Under the Hood
Two 5.0-liter V-8 engines are offered. Mechanical features include:
- HSE models use a 375-horsepower V-8 that makes 375 pounds-feet of torque
- Supercharged versions have a 510-hp, supercharged V-8 that makes 461 pounds-feet of torque
- Both engines drive a six-speed automatic transmission
Safety features include:
- Standard antilock brakes
- Standard side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Standard side curtain airbags
- Standard electronic stability system with rollover mitigation technology
- Standard front and rear parking sensors
- Standard rear-seat child-safety seat anchors
- Optional adaptive cruise control maintains a preset distance between the Range Rover Sport and a car in front of it
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2011 Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
Asking Price Range