2013 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
Starting MSRP $60,595–$76,195
Land Rover's venerable Range Rover can tackle tough off-road terrain that would foil less-capable SUVs, yet it still has the cachet to warrant a front-and-center parking space at an upscale hotel. Much of the Range Rover's style and off-road-ready hardware has carried over to the automaker's less expensive Range Rover Sport. The Range Rover Sport is offered with a 375-horsepower, 5.0-liter V-8 or a supercharged 5.0-liter V-8 that makes 510 hp. Competitors include the BMW X5 and Mercedes-Benz M-Class.
New for 2013
Land Rover introduces two special versions of the Range Rover Sport for 2013: the Supercharged Limited Edition and the GT Limited Edition. While powertrains remain unchanged, the 510-hp Supercharged Limited Edition gets unique red Sport badges on the tailgate and red brake calipers. A carbon fiber veneer package is also available.
The non-supercharged GT Limited Edition brings various exterior enhancements including an extended roof spoiler, black five-spoke 20-inch alloy wheels and special chrome exhaust tips. Inside, the GT Limited Edition comes with steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters and a LOGIC7 premium stereo.
Other changes for the 2013 model year include red Brembo-brand brake calipers for supercharged models, revised wheel designs and an optional towing package with a hitch receiver and variable locking rear differential.
The Range Rover Sport features a two-bar grille and a large air intake. Exterior features include:
- Standard 19-inch alloy wheels with low-profile tires
- Standard skid plates
- Standard rear spoiler
- 20-inch wheels optional
- Optional adaptive headlights swivel to better illuminate turns
- Red or black brake calipers on supercharged models
A 5-inch LCD screen within the instrument cluster houses an information display. The Range Rover Sport's five-person interior is trimmed with simulated metal pieces; real wood trim is also available. Heated leather seats and power-adjustable side bolsters for the front seats are optional. Interior features include:
- Standard navigation system
- Optional rear entertainment system
- Optional Alcantara simulated suede seat inserts
- Optional heated rear seats
- Optional Harman Kardon premium stereo
- Optional cooled box for drinks, etc.
Under the Hood
Two 5.0-liter V-8 engines are offered. Mechanical features include:
- Standard 375-hp V-8 makes 375 pounds-feet of torque
- Available 510-hp, supercharged V-8 makes 461 pounds-feet of torque
- Both engines drive a six-speed automatic transmission
- Available active locking rear differential
- Capable of fording up to 27.5 inches of water, according to Land Rover
An available Vision Assist Package includes a surround camera system, which gives the driver a full view around the Range Rover Sport. Safety features include:
- Standard antilock brakes
- Standard side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Standard side curtain airbags
- Standard electronic stability system with rollover mitigation technology
- Standard front and rear parking sensors
- Optional adaptive cruise control maintains a preset distance between the Range Rover Sport and a car in front of it
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Kelsey Mays||Cars.com National||October 15, 2012|
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||June 13, 2012|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.