Land Rover's venerable Range Rover can tackle tough off-road terrain that would foil less-capable SUVs, yet it still has the cachet to warrant a front-and-center parking space at an upscale hotel. Much of the Range Rover's style and off-road-ready hardware has carried over to the automaker's less expensive Range Rover Sport. The Range Rover Sport is offered with a 375-horsepower, 5.0-liter V-8 or a supercharged 5.0-liter V-8 that makes 510 hp. Competitors include the BMW X5 and Mercedes-Benz M-Class.
New for 2013
Land Rover introduces two special versions of the Range Rover Sport for 2013: the Supercharged Limited Edition and the GT Limited Edition. While powertrains remain unchanged, the 510-hp Supercharged Limited Edition gets unique red Sport badges on the tailgate and red brake calipers. A carbon fiber veneer package is also available.
The non-supercharged GT Limited Edition brings various exterior enhancements including an extended roof spoiler, black five-spoke 20-inch alloy wheels and special chrome exhaust tips. Inside, the GT Limited Edition comes with steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters and a LOGIC7 premium stereo.
Other changes for the 2013 model year include red Brembo-brand brake calipers for supercharged models, revised wheel designs and an optional towing package with a hitch receiver and variable locking rear differential.
The Range Rover Sport features a two-bar grille and a large air intake. Exterior features include:
- Standard 19-inch alloy wheels with low-profile tires
- Standard skid plates
- Standard rear spoiler
- 20-inch wheels optional
- Optional adaptive headlights swivel to better illuminate turns
- Red or black brake calipers on supercharged models
A 5-inch LCD screen within the instrument cluster houses an information display. The Range Rover Sport's five-person interior is trimmed with simulated metal pieces; real wood trim is also available. Heated leather seats and power-adjustable side bolsters for the front seats are optional. Interior features include:
- Standard navigation system
- Optional rear entertainment system
- Optional Alcantara simulated suede seat inserts
- Optional heated rear seats
- Optional Harman Kardon premium stereo
- Optional cooled box for drinks, etc.
Under the Hood
Two 5.0-liter V-8 engines are offered. Mechanical features include:
- Standard 375-hp V-8 makes 375 pounds-feet of torque
- Available 510-hp, supercharged V-8 makes 461 pounds-feet of torque
- Both engines drive a six-speed automatic transmission
- Available active locking rear differential
- Capable of fording up to 27.5 inches of water, according to Land Rover
An available Vision Assist Package includes a surround camera system, which gives the driver a full view around the Range Rover Sport. Safety features include:
- Standard antilock brakes
- Standard side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Standard side curtain airbags
- Standard electronic stability system with rollover mitigation technology
- Standard front and rear parking sensors
- Optional adaptive cruise control maintains a preset distance between the Range Rover Sport and a car in front of it
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range