2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport

Starting MSRP

Overall

Living with a RRS SDV6 HSE

by Shean from Florida | October 24, 2014

I have now owned the RRS SDV6 HSE for 4 months now and I am still having problem with the front suspension. It has been to the dealership 3 times and they have not managed to fix the knock as yet. They have replaced the shocks and bushings and a number of other parts. I eventually went back to them and took one of the senior technicians with me on the road. Their words were, you can expect a noise below 40 km/h but then the suspension should stiffen up and then that should go away. To be honest I don't think it should have any noise even below 40 km/h for the price you pay? In fact it is in for the 4th time and should get it back this afternoon and hopefully they have fixed the front suspension noise. Another issue, small but never the less worth mentioning, when the fuel level drops down to half on the gauge and you stop you can hear the fuel sloshing around in the tank. They did not have the part to fix this today so it will have to go in again to have this sorted out. So make sure if you are taking deliver of your new RRS that these upgrades have been done before you take delivery of it. I have managed to speak to other owners and they have also confirmed that they have had the same issues with the suspension and fuel tank. The interior looks awesome but the surfaces they have chosen are not very durable and seem to scratch relatively easily. Other than these issues the car is awesome, even the diesel in Sport mode is fun to drive and the gearbox is quick to change. I had to opt for the 22" wheels which was not my first choice but the car looks amazing, the handling is excellent but the ride is a little firm. I have not taken it off-road as yet but I am planning on taking it on very soft sand which should test its off-road ability especially with the big wheels? Overall I am happy but it would be great if they could sort out the little issues as this could leave a bad taste in my mouth if it continues!

Wow!

by Expat Brit from Florida | October 19, 2014

Purchased the Supercharged V8 version with the high-end Meridian audio. Wow! Exceeds my expectations in every respect (too early to assess reliability) but ride, handling, performance, comfort - even gas mileage at 18 around town. At 6'4" tall I usually have to compromise on driving position for headroom but this is hands-down the best vehicle ever for that. I was going to buy the V6 but am glad I sprung for the bigger engine - staggering performance when you need it but economical when you don't. Looks amazing and rides even better. I would not swap it for anything else at any price. Brilliant!

The best car you can never imagine.

by Name from Greensboro, NC | September 9, 2014

If you want to have a suv you can go where you want, choose land rover. If you want to have a range rover with luxury, choose range rover! Range rover sport and range rover are good cars. It worth every penny! Engine will put on your pipe when you really hear it. I love the range rover sport I bought. Some people asked me why I choose range rover sport but not range rover. Well, first reason is range rover cost more than range rover sport. Second, range rover are more likely focus on the luxury and comfort, but range rover sport focus on the luxury and driving felling at same time. If you want to buy a good suv, range rover will be best choice for you. Range rover 2015 almost come here, so maybe you can wait for it. Remember, it worth every penny!

Uses car for Off-roading

Hate the dealerships love the car

by Nitrometh from Woodburn Oregon | September 8, 2014

My supercharged V8 Dynamic with meridian sound is the best sounding best optioned suv ever. I was going to order a hse with a v6 supercharged and did not think i cared about the stereo for 2g. I was wrong. this thing is worth every penny. My parents have a 2014 Porsche GTS and this is faster and better optioned for less money. Plus the best part of the whole car is you feel like your in private Jet. I have the Ivory interior with black piano trim with black floors and upper dash. The exhaust is mean sounding the dynamic mode stiffens up the steering for better feel. I have the cameras and other options and the 21inch wheels are sweet looking. Makes everything you park next too look small. I have a Maserati GTS in garage on 20's and this thing holds it own in the looks dept. Overall Happy with my RRS.

2014 model completely exceeded all my expectations

by VaserRRS from Arlington, VA | July 7, 2014

If you want a vehicle that does it all and feels extremely good in and out; Look no further! Its Gorgeous, Fast,Comfortable and beyond capable anywhere. You can park this thing anywhere and not be out of place. Poor reliability? Thats old news and reputation from vehicles past. This new model is the best SUV out there right now. It will please your adult side and also that naughty inner child. I got the 2014 V8 Supercharged with all the options and so far have nothing to complain about. It exceeded all my expectations. The dynamic package and signature meridian sound system are a must. Dynamic turns this into a sport car, while the premium meridian is best system I have ever heard on any car.

Great vehicle

by Rover man from Cleawater FL | May 10, 2014

2012 Range Rover sport is loaded with luxury. Great ride with great features. Handles well and the cabin has a very secure feeling. I've had all different kinds of Suv's the last one being a Benz GL-450. The Rover has them all beat hands down.

Awesome

by nick from chicago, il | April 30, 2014

I have had my sport 5.0 for about 5 months now... the truck is amazing. weather I'm driving around suburbia or off roading the truck has performed beyond expectations. I can find no fault with the new design and the new truck. Only issue that I can find is accessories are ridiculously priced

Strong performance

by Bogeyman from Seattle | April 1, 2014

The Range Rover Sport Supercharger is a strong performer. I've been driving Cayens the past 6 years and the switch worried me. Nothing to worry about. The Sport is fast and loaded with technology that is so easy to use. Also the interior feels so much larger than the Porsche. Even thought the length and width is the same the Sport feels much larger inside. Very satisfied.

Rover Sport has it All

by RAB Rover from Ventura County, CA | February 10, 2014

No need to go for the V8 5.0 - the supercharged V6 3.0 is quite a ride - smooth, great acceleration and great styling. Had a new one in 2007 which was great but the new 2014 has it all.